+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Books you didn't want to end?

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Books you didn't want to end?

So, I've re-read The Dark Tower series for the 3rd time and once again I wished there would be more, especially where so many realities are interwoven and connected to one, yet each make a differance. I know that to add more to the story would more than likley spoil it, but I can't help, but wish that there would be more.
    I also felt like this when I finished IT, hoping there would be more to the story and more added onto the characters I grew to know so (too?) well.

So has anyone else gotten so hooked on a story that you didn't want it to end?
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffin For This Useful Post:

DemonicKagomeTahoshi (Oct 25, 2008)

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Re: Books you didn't want to end?

there was this one story that i read, i can't remember what it was called, but i got so hooked that when it did end, i was so mad, cause there wasn't more for me to read.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicKagomeTahoshi View Post
    there was this one story that i read, i can't remember what it was called, but i got so hooked that when it did end, i was so mad, cause there wasn't more for me to read.
    At least tell us what it's about. Maybe I've read it, who knows?

In my opinion, I don't think Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi should've ended the way it did. In fact, if it were possible, he could've written a few more books till the end of Musashi's long, illustrious career as a swordsman. But there was only so much the author Yoshikawa could do, though, knowing that it took him quite some time to finish the work (it first appeared in serial format in a Japanese newspaper); I suppose his death kept him from writing more Musashi Miyamoto stories.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, this happens to me alot when I read fanfictions...

But, anyways, the book series I really didn't want it to end is that series by Chris D'Lacey. It dosen't have a specific title, they change with each book. But the first is called The Fire Within, then Ice Fire, then Fire Star, then The Fire Eternal. I can't begin to describe to you how much I loved these books! It was so awsome, and I was really dissapointed it ended! I liked it because I just love books about dragons and fanatasy and all that....so, yeah.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

The Wheel of Time I didnt want to end, but Robert Jorden Died before he finished the last book.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I never wanted Land of the Blindfolded to end. It was such a good series. It made me want to be a good, honest person. And have faith in the world again.

Another one I didn't want to end was Kagetora. I mean it was a good ending but there was sooo much angst in that series that I could feed off it. I didn't want it to end.

And last but not least I didn't want Simon Says to end. I know romance novels are supposed to have happy endings but I liked it the way it was. Spontaneous and out there.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

For me... I have a few, the series: This present darkness and Piercing the darkness... I definetelly didn't want to finish reading... I wanted it to have even more pages and I wante the story to continue... but oh well...
    The other one is The House... the way it finished made it feel like it was incomplete... like something else was missing... I felt it like it just cut off in the middle of the story... but it was the end... Oh crap!
    I would like to read a lot more stories about Dangerous Girls, or The adventures of Max Ride...
    Those are for now the ones I remember...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    So, I've re-read The Dark Tower series for the 3rd time
    The WHOLE Dark Tower series? Every single book with info connecting to the series? Books in the series aren't the only books with Dark Tower references in them, my mom says. Have you read 'salem's Lot?

More to the point, the Door to December, the Taking, and Intensity by Dean Koontz are three books I wanted to read more of. In a desperate fashion. The characters are so endearing and the plot is usually left VERY open. Koontz is a dopey optimist and, as he repeats often, his books are about hope and the human condition. Which is a terrible way to end the book.

Another book, called Headlong by Simon Ings, was AMAZING. I very highly recommend this book to any who like sci-fi books. But WITHOUT the corny monsters. It's not a very long book, maybe five or six centimeters thick. No idea how many pages, the book is at home.

It's edgy in all the right places and real ponderous see. Though if I could pick just one book I'd like to see continued, it would be Intensity.

"Chyna Sheperd, untouched and alive."
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast