+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Books you didn't want to end?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Books you didn't want to end?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    So, I've re-read The Dark Tower series for the 3rd time and once again I wished there would be more, especially where so many realities are interwoven and connected to one, yet each make a differance. I know that to add more to the story would more than likley spoil it, but I can't help, but wish that there would be more.
    I also felt like this when I finished IT, hoping there would be more to the story and more added onto the characters I grew to know so (too?) well.

So has anyone else gotten so hooked on a story that you didn't want it to end?
    It's too bad it ended in such an annoying way.

I personally enjoyed the Old Kingdom Trilogy by Garth Nix.

It consisted of Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen. I really wished these books went on, as the ending of the third book was such a great way to end the series, but i wanted to see more of Lirael's adventures as the Abhorsen (basically a necromancer who protects the living from the dead who happen to be evil and sentient).
    Why hello there!

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't want the Lemony Snicket series to end until he got so tired of writing the series. It was such a great book series. It got me hooked for some odd reason. I read all 13 books. I felt so proud of myself reading all of them before it wasn't that really popular anymore.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

i got hooked on the James patterson Maximum Ride Books and now i have reread them like 5 or 6 times and also the Sazi books but those i beliove are still coming

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Anything by Francesca Lia Block. she has such a great writing sense. my favorite is Baby Bebop. The surfing, the food, the way she describes LA, it was all so awesome. it was like poetry for those who don't lnow how to read poetry. it was just like a slinkster cool mix of the 80s and the 50s.
    also, i love Paul Zindel. i think he is one of the best writers for teen anguish, (something so overrated these days). The Pigman, My Darling , My Hamburger, and a Girl Who Wanted a Boy were really good.
    Then Ellen Hopkins, Crank and Impulse and little bit of Burned are so good.
    they capture the emotions perfectly, and i can relate to them most. she is my favorite modern writer, and decides to write about something realistic and real.

my favorite manga i never wanted to end was Mars by Fuyumi Soryo.
    It made me even like romance shojo manga (something i had an allergy to)
    and i the main character Rei was like my parallel and i loved the entire series.

Newbie zefielyn is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm... I always thought the ending made the book, but I think the Bell Jar was one I got into. It wasn't so much the ending, but the epilogue. I could have done without that.
    "So take a piece, but not too much."

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

I wished the Pern stuff would have never ended. Sadly, books have to have endings. -Siiiigh- ;_; And Mort. I loved Mort.

I really enjoyed reading Silverwing and House of Tribes too. :3 <3<3

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I didn't finish Dracula by Bram Stoker. We had to read it for school and I wasn't fast enough, since I had many other books to read at that time which were more important than this one.
    I really liked the book though, very exciting. Maybe I'll pick it up somewhen later on, when I have more time to read book I want to read. But not right now.
    Another book which I didn't finish is The Silmarillion by Tolkien. I liked the Lord Of The Rings, but this book was kinda boring. xD That's a long time ago actually, maybe I should try to re-read it too.
    I guess both are worth to be read.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I get hooked on Legends especially my fave legends..>>>>
    I want to read the complete series of the The Quest for the Holy Grail and the Illiad...>>
    Hamlet also loved that book[even everyone dies in the ned of the book]...>>>>
    I won`t miss a time reading that books....>>
    Its too awesome and the Romance was super ROMANTIC..>>>
    I`ve just read it recently and i think they were great....>>>
    Hey can anyone can give some info bout"Julius Caesar" Shakespear`s play about a succesful Roman conqueror and becames its DICTATOR forever...>>>
    Farewell then..>>>
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2