Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Author

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Author

Who is your favorite author? If you love reading books eventually you will come to an author that you have read more times than the rest. While this is not everyones yardstick for measuring a good author it is mine. I would then say my favorite author is Hideyuki Kikuchi. He comes up with an excellent fantasy world and runs wild with it. One of the best authors for me and certainly one of the greatest practitionars of the light-novel. Read Vampire Hunter D and you will see what I mean.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Author

Well...hmm..
    Manga wise I like Chiho Saito, the writer of Peach Girl(she actually slipped my mind!) and Keiko Suenobu for story and art.
    normal book wise I like Vladimir Nabokov, Oscar Wilde, Anthony Burgess, Hunster S. Thompson and Mick Rock's books.
    All have a quirkyness, the most adult being Lolita as one of my favorite novels. The sexuality while it is disturbing, is also intriguing. Sadly, the same sexual activity in any other forms is very taboo. Making Lolita one of a kind. Oddly, people accept the novel, even though it is purely sex based lust after someone under the age of 14, and is solely about a pedophile. I guess it's a little too disturbing for some. It freaked me out at first, so I understand.
    Interesting though.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite Manga author is definitely Adachi Mitsuru. I wasn't too interested in sports stories until I stumbled onto Touch. Again the sports side of the story was only mildly interesting and the main female character actually annoyed me more than a little, but the two male leads(for the first part) were great. After reading Touch I didn't really think much about Adachi Mitsuru until I found Katsu. Instantly I remembered everything I loved about Touch except this time all the characters were enjoyable to me. I have also read about half of Miyuki but then got bogged down with finals and never finished. The main thing you will notice about Adachi Mitsuru's works is the sense of humor he possesses. Its just amazing and has me laughing almost non-stop while I'm reading.

Here are two pages from one of his works, pretty sure both are from Katsu.

click to show spoiler

As for novel authors I really enjoy Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series. He really knew how to make an intricate world. I have been enjoying Dan Brown's books since before they were made into movies so I'm excited about the new one that just came out today. Michael Crichton is also great for one book every once in a while. I can't stand reading him for too long though, small doses.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm, well maga to me of course is Akira Toriyama.
    But regular author (gosh there are soo many good ones), I guess R.A. Salvatore for me. Ive read about 22 of his novels.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Me for books not just manga my favorite author is Roald Dahl he creates such great storys such as Charlie and The Chocolate Factory,The Magic Finger,Witches,James and the Giant Peach,Matilda,BFG and many more he is such a great wrighter for kids and adults .

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite manga author is Yoshiro Nightow. I am a huge fan of Trigun, and his story is so unique and well written.

My favorite author of literature... Well... I have to say Tolkien hands down. I read The Hobbit when I was about 5... And from then on I was inspired by his world and this writing. My other favorite author is Mercedes Lackey. She writes gorgeous fantasy novels... I've read almost all her work... I'm finishing up a trilogy she wrote right now, lol!

There are many others, but the post would be HUGE if I listed them all!

Otaku ladykakashi is off to a good start ladykakashi's Avatar
    Thanks

tsugumi ohba who created deathnote is one of the best writer

Newbie Hitodama is off to a good start Hitodama's Avatar
    Thanks

I love reading as well, my favourite author is Mo Hayder. I'd describe her as a mix between Stephen King and Anne Rice.
    After I read her thriller/crime books, every other book that goes into this direction seems like a bedtime story.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast