Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Author

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Author

Mo Hayder sounds interesting enough to take a look at. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by ladykakashi View Post
    tsugumi ohba who created deathnote is one of the best writer
    I really wanted to say something to this, but then thought you might not be a native English speaker. Small chance I know, but its there.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

For lack of actual books and not manga, and I was going to say this anyways, Stephen King. His stories are gripping, relentless, and shock to your core. They may not be scary in some cases, but they are gripping and chilling to the very bone. Don't read them at night unless you've got nerve. I've read over 15 books by him, including IT, Misery, Cujo, Carrie, The Shining, Firestarter, The Stand, The Green Mile, and am currently double-reading both Rose Madder and Duma Key. I can't reccommend him enough, to be honest. So long as you like the genre.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie Hitodama is off to a good start Hitodama's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    For lack of actual books and not manga, and I was going to say this anyways, Stephen King.
    If you like Stephen King you will love Mo Hayder.
    I read King before, his books are awesome, but in my opinion, Hayder takes suspense to a new level.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Who is your favorite author? If you love reading books eventually you will come to an author that you have read more times than the rest. While this is not everyones yardstick for measuring a good author it is mine. I would then say my favorite author is Hideyuki Kikuchi. He comes up with an excellent fantasy world and runs wild with it. One of the best authors for me and certainly one of the greatest practitionars of the light-novel. Read Vampire Hunter D and you will see what I mean.
    Manga-wise, it would be between Tsugumi Ohba, Death Note, Masashi Kishimoto, Naruto, and Kouta Hirano, Hellsing. Their work is wonderful and easy to get into.

Literary-wise, will forever be Anne Rice. I started reading her work when I was in sixth grade and couldn't stop reading it. I can read Queen of the Damned over and over again and never get bored ot it. (The film murdered the book completely so I wasn't very pleased but whatev's right?)
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Newbie cidrazib may be famous one day cidrazib may be famous one day cidrazib's Avatar
    Thanks

my favorite author is david edding ,ramond e fiest and lovecraft.

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

My favourite authors are Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance), and J.R.R. Tolkien.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Japxican View Post
    My favourite authors are Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance), and J.R.R. Tolkien.
    I have got to finish their Twins trilogy someday I enjoyed the first two book alot. You knwo I completely forgot about them until I read this post.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Cool Re: Favorite Author

My is a comic book or a Gaphic Novel That was turned into a star movie,
    The Movie and gaphic novel is called " The Crow" the Author Is James o' Barr

RIP Brandon Lee- who die while making that moive

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast