Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Favorite Author

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Author

It's very hard for me to identify a favorite author, usually it's Dean Koontz though. More for the reason that I've read so much by him and so little by everyone else.

However that is not to say I haven't camped out in a library before.

Exibit A: Ayn Rand; fiction authoress and truly mindf***ed as far as I'm concerned. Her short novel Anthem is by far my favorite from her, because of it's strange POV and speculations of what might become of the world. We the Living is also amazing in terms of characters. I like Atlas Shrugged mostly cause it's name.

Anne Rule is very, very moving detective/author. She writes non-fiction, profiling killers in I assume only America, including an old co-worker of hers, Ted Bundy. She adds a much needed edge of levity to the horror stories she translates from legal text into something worth reading.

There are plenty of crazy, irrisistable authors out there but who knows when they're books will actually find their way into our lives.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

There are so many to choose from. >.<
    I really love Stephen King novels; they always have this really deep sense of realism, even with supernatural events occurring. ("The Shining" was a masterpiece!)
    Paulo Coelho is also a really great author. He tends to go for the philosophical approach, which really makes me wonder. "Brida" was wonderful.
    As for graphic novels, Alan Moore wins hands down. "Watchmen" was so interesting, and I can't wait until I get my hands on a copy of "V for Vendetta".
    Lastly, for manga, I would have to say CLAMP. That's not really an author, but I really like their work.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Edgar Allan Poe, the master of the Macabre. I get a lot of my inspiration from his work. He basically lived what he wrote, therefore he was a better writer than most.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite authors as of now is Alyson Noel and Stephenie Meyer. I used to like Kevin J. Andrews. He's the first author that I've ever liked. I haven't read any of his stories again, because I've been busy. I also like Max Lucado and John Maxwell.

In accordance to anime, probably Hiro Fujiwara and Masashi Kishimoto.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3