+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Poem

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Favorite Poem

What is your favorite poem, and why. Lament of the Winds by JRR Tolkein is mine. It is as they are pushing Boromir into the river. Its powerful image mixed with its inevitable sorrowful end makes it one of the best poems ever written.

Lament for Boromir by John Ronald Reuel Tolkien

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Favorite Poem

Dante's Inferno, hands down. One of the many epic poems, I love this story because of the descriptions of the different levels of Hell, and how it could be used to help straighten one;s life out.
    Why hello there!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite epic poem is Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner. It is a long and thought provoking piece, but on whole I never really got into epic poetry.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Paradise Lost by John Milton: In a sense a more of a origin then Inferno, and also shows mankind's fall from grace. My personal favorite depiction of the fall of the Archangel.

Phantasmorgia by Lewis Carroll: A beautiful haunting tale, and a different side to Lewis Carroll. I just hope Marilyn Manson doesn't rape its image in the movie adaptation.

Newbie LadyJuliaHale is off to a good start LadyJuliaHale's Avatar
    Don't tell me to smile, because I don't know how.
    Thanks

I Heard an Angel by William Blake: I just love his poetry! It is too good to actually put into words. I guess you can say, his poetry is where I get my inspiration.
    I'm standing in the dark calling your name, But when you don't answer,
    I realized everyday it's the same.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

"Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout" by Shel Silverstein
    I loved that poem since I was kid. I could always relate to Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout.

"Richard III" ) Act I, Scene 1) by William Shakespeare
    Ok, so its not really a poem.. but sorta... Still, I had to learn it by heart in high school and I've loved it since.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jul 27, 2009 at 08:00 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Illiad by Homer-I really loved the whole epicness of the poem and of course not mentioning that Achilles was killed...
    and of course Dante's Inferno is such a great piece of work....how he told the ppl suffering and I ought to remember this tow great poems^^
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Until recently, I forgot how much I loved William Blake's work. Especially The Marriage of Heaven and Hell and The Divine Image. Even though it seems most Christian poetry is redundant('All the hell and brimstone and fire and that'), I think through Blake's time it was a little refreshed.
    And anything by Homer or Lord Byron is just epic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast