Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you read any good books lately???

Newbie Leslie the forgotten is off to a good start Leslie the forgotten's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you read any good books lately???

Uh hii, obviously, I was wondering if anyone has read any good books lately. I really enjoy reading, and I just finished reading my book
    So if anyone has read an interesting book you'd recommend please let me know
    thanks

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Have you read any good books lately???

Ellen Hopkins: Burned, Crank, Impulse, Glass, and Identical. Damn good writer.
    very gritty, beautifully written books about some of the darkest teen topics. My personal favorite was Impulse because I relate to the characters very well.

My favorite writer: Francesca Lia Block: Weetzie Bat, Baby Bebop, Missing Angel Juan, Witch Baby, The Hanged Man, and Blood Kisses. She has a very poetic, cool, almost jazzy writing style almost always taking place in LA. She makes even the dark parts of it very mystical and beautiful.

Herman Hesse: Damian, Siddartha. One of the best writers in my eyes of the 20th century. He was honest and do intriguingly so down to earth it was fantastic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

Leslie the forgotten (Jul 02, 2009)

Newbie Leslie the forgotten is off to a good start Leslie the forgotten's Avatar
    Thanks

Well thank you very much. Those books sound very intriging (however its spelled) .
    I will gladly search them up. They certainly sound like books i love to read I look forward to reading them! thanks agian!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I finally read Trainman. It was an excellent book especially for those of us who have not had a girlfriend for awhile. The loneliness is hard sometimes.

Pilgrimage Of The Sacred And Profane: Was excellent. You begin to realize why the protagonist is set in his ways. And for the second time an imprint of D's father appears and talks to him. That hasn't happened since volume 2 Raiser of Gales.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    My favorite writer: Francesca Lia Block: Weetzie Bat, Baby Bebop, Missing Angel Juan, Witch Baby, The Hanged Man, and Blood Kisses. She has a very poetic, cool, almost jazzy writing style almost always taking place in LA. She makes even the dark parts of it very mystical and beautiful.
    I love Francesca Lia Block. My favorite book by her is I was a Teenage Fairy. She's very imaginative and very descriptive.

Moving on I am a very big fan of Laurel K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. The last two weren't the best but definitely good reads still. All of her characters (for the most part) are drawn to be very unique individuals that tackle some pretty huge life threatening problems on a regular basis. And some of the good guys tread a very fine line between good and evil.

Then there's Janet Evanovich's books. Her Sugar Plum series are very enjoyable mostly because of the characters and the strange situations they sometimes find themselves in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a 'Debate' subject thread...

Moving to the Books and Literature sub-forum of Sensory Pleasures....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Ryu Senka is off to a good start
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Have you read any good books lately???

It depends, do u like manga? ' Cause if so then Nora volume 5 is the way to go. U can find it at Borders or Barnes and Nobles.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryu Senka For This Useful Post:

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Bortherhood of warriors is a great book and aaron cohen is sort of like a modern day ninja. The book is a fast read and doesn't skip on teh violence. Go poison cherry. However the book comes across as anti arab so those of you senitive to the displaced people of plaestine may want to skip it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast