+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reading

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading

Now, I'm a huge gamer and movie lover, as my friends are, but what they can't get about me is why I love to read. I am a HUGE reader. For those of you out there who don't read, it is an ancient art filled with epic stories and information that is too underrated in our day and age. Pick up a good book sometime.

Who else out there shares my passion?

How many Novels do you read a year? (If unknown, humor me with the number you think you read)

What Books/Authors do you read?

How many books have you read in your life?
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Reading

I have a short attention span and books bore me. I think I read one book completely, lol it was only 60 pages long with big font. I would rather watch something, than read a book any day. I just stick to short stories or magazines.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

In the last two years, I've read over two dozen Novels and Manga, the majority of these being star trek novels, which I am an avid collector and fan.

I don't know what it is with reading, but when I pick up a book and it hooks me in, I can spend hours reading it with out realizing the time going by. On more then one occation, I have finished a 300+ page novel in less then two days with marathon 8 to 9 hour reading sessions.

In the spoiler tag below are all the novels I currently have on my bookshelf I've read over the last couple years

click to show spoiler

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

I read sometimes, not as often you supposedly do. If I read something it will be a short story of Macabre and such, because I mainly read poetry and short tales. One book I read was "Kiss Kiss" by Roald Dahl. It was a book of eleven short stories incorporating death and thought.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Zev, my short attention span gets the best of me, so I enjoy reading comics more. I'm reading Sandman volume 1 right now (a little late, I know) along with some Harlan Ellison short stories. I'm trying to get more into reading though.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

I have read 33 Novels by R.A. Salvatore. 25 of them being about his immensely popular D&D character Drizzt Do'Urden. 5 of them being about a priest Drizzt met in his travels, Cadderly. The five books together are called The Cleric Quintet. The 3 books after that are the spearwielders trilogy, a fantasy universe he created. His writing style is top notch. Not only is he immensley descriptive, but his narration of fighting and combat tactics is amazing.

Martial arts wise I have read, The Book of the Five Rings, Legends Of Martial Arts Masters, The Lone Samurai (an autobiography of Miyamoto Musashi), The Art Of Shaolin Kung Fu, and Ki and The Way Of The Martial Arts.

I have read 15 Warhammer and Warhammer 40k fantasy novels. 11 of them about the infamous pair Gotrek and Felix.
    3 of them are the imperial guard edition, and I have also read The Lord Of Chaos.

Since I am a gamer I could not help but read 3 halo books, they are better than you think.

I have read 7 of the books in the series The Wheel Of Time. It is a fantasy series that focuses interestingly on Gender differences, as well as lore and politics.

I have read the Bible, The Summation Of The Catholic Faith, The Worlds Religions, and Certain parts of Saint Augustines Confessions.

I have read 4 of the Dark Tower series written by Stephen King, as well as his excellent novel The Stand (For those of you who watch the show LOST, this novel was a large inspiration of the show.

I have read Plato's Apology by Plato, Machiavelli's The Prince, and The Allegory Of The Cave also by Plato.

I have read The three currently released books of the Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini.

I have read the first trilogy of The Orcs Series. It is a trilogy written in the perspective of Orcs, in a world that shuns them. It is pretty cool.

When I saw the movie I Am Legend, I went out and Read the book as well. If you have or havent seen the movie, this is still a gread read.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I love reading as well. I probabaly read anywhere from six to ten fullbooks a year. But that is only a guess. Just recently I finished reading two books. One on religion the other a biographic memoir. They were both great. I can't name every book I have ever read but if I could you would notice a lot of biogrpahy and history books thrown in there.

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

owh if you asking me...man you get nothing because i don't read book or novel...well,manga,i read if there something interesting about it...i don't read all chapter in a manga...i rarely i mean super rarely reads book...but,i read 3 light novels and 1 horror book last year...this year i read nothing other my school textbook,but,i eventually left my textbook at home...the teacher are fed-up with me...haha

+ Reply to Thread