Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10

Thread: Recommendation

  1. #1
    Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    Recommendation

    i am a total book worm but the problem, is i have exhausted all my soreses of good books and really mean it i have read from Hemingway to Starfox so i am really out so please if you know any good novels preferably not a series then please let me know. Oh and please tell me why i should read it and if i am not interested but Chapt. 2 then i put it down.

  2. #2
    Otaku Skeleton Park Champion, The Streaker Champion Rabanastre is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in the dark abyss of lonelyness
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Recomendation

    well i dont know of any novels but i recomend Revenge of the Witch the Last Apprentace
    His bell is tolling for you

    He wants you to come home

  3. #3
    Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Recomendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabanastre View Post
    well i dont know of any novels but i recomend Revenge of the Witch the Last Apprentace
    kk but it helps to know what its about ......................

  4. #4
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Recomendation

    I don't know in what kind of books you're into, but I'd suggest you the Tales of the Otori series. I really enjoyed reading them. The author is Lilian Hearn. Though that's actually just her synonym.
    It plays in the feudal japan and is basically a love story. More or less. Very exciting and a bit sad as well. I think it's basically a trilogy, but she also published a prequel and a sequel since it was pretty successful.
    Of mice and men is a very beautiful book as well by John Steinbeck, though I'm not sure if you're interested in something like that. It was first published in 1937. So it's pretty old. Never read such a sad book ...
    Otherwise, Lord Of the Rings? But I guess you already read it.
    I'm very much into fantasy literature. I don't really know what you like, if it's not fantasy I wouldn't find that much for you to read ... ^_^'
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  5. #5
    Otaku Skeleton Park Champion, The Streaker Champion Rabanastre is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in the dark abyss of lonelyness
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Recomendation

    it is about a man called the spook and he gets an apprentace named tom and they battle a witch that is the strongest witch out there and the boy is the one who kills her
    His bell is tolling for you

    He wants you to come home

  6. #6
    Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Recomendation

    Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    I don't know in what kind of books you're into, but I'd suggest you the Tales of the Otori series. I really enjoyed reading them. The author is Lilian Hearn. Though that's actually just her synonym.
    It plays in the feudal japan and is basically a love story. More or less. Very exciting and a bit sad as well. I think it's basically a trilogy, but she also published a prequel and a sequel since it was pretty successful.
    Of mice and men is a very beautiful book as well by John Steinbeck, though I'm not sure if you're interested in something like that. It was first published in 1937. So it's pretty old. Never read such a sad book ...
    Otherwise, Lord Of the Rings? But I guess you already read it.
    I'm very much into fantasy literature. I don't really know what you like, if it's not fantasy I wouldn't find that much for you to read ... ^_^'
    yes of mice and men i have already read lol i therw it against the wall i love Larry why did he just have to go and die like that it really made me sad and no actually i have not read the Lord of the rings i herad it was good but could never get into it

  7. #7
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Recomendation

    Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    yes of mice and men i have already read lol i therw it against the wall i love Larry why did he just have to go and die like that it really made me sad and no actually i have not read the Lord of the rings i herad it was good but could never get into it
    Like, saddest book EVAR. I also saw the film but it wasn't half as good as the book. It was a great read, really.
    If you're into fantasy, I'd recommend The Lord of the Rings to you. The first part might be a little boring but after that, it gets pretty damn exciting. It's a classic. You should think of starting it.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  8. #8
    Otaku Skeleton Park Champion, The Streaker Champion Rabanastre is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in the dark abyss of lonelyness
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Recomendation

    this is a pic of the book
    His bell is tolling for you

    He wants you to come home

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anime Recommendation and Suggestions Section
    By aceman67 in forum Announcements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 11:11 AM
  2. Maburaho Like Recommendation
    By Spin Da Ish in forum Anime
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2007, 05:49 PM
  4. Suggestion: Sticky for Anime and Manga Recommendation
    By Priestess Angel in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2007, 09:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts