+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions?

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suggestions?

Wicked by Gregory Maguire is a different twist on an old story. Steven King writes some good supernatural books I believe.

'salem's Lot is a vampire book by King, which is mega awesome. By the Light of the Moon and the Bad Place are good sci-fi/supernatural books by Dean Koontz.

Uh.. the Chronicles of Naria? Pan's Labyrinth? Oh the His Dark Material books too.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticCharm View Post
    Im looking for some new books to read since everything I happen to pick up turns to crap...
    I want a good fiction novel with the whole supernatural theme. (Like vampires, magic, the big bang right now)
    I dont really care how its written or how long. I just want a good story line. =D
    Can anybody suggest me some?
    If it is supernatural you want and it is anime you like, then why not read the Vampire Hunter D series. Vampires, demons, ancient lost technology. It is all in there. Or why not enjoy rage against the moons, and reborn on the mars series.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Im looking for some new books to read since everything I happen to pick up turns to crap...
    I want a good fiction novel with the whole supernatural theme. (Like vampires, magic, the big bang right now)
    I dont really care how its written or how long. I just want a good story line. =D
    If you like Harry Potter or refuse to give in to the Harry Potter craze Skulduggery Pleasant is perfect. It's a series for children written by Derek Landy. You have magic by the tons. A good guy that is a child's version of the Punisher, and his sidekick, a teen by the name of Stephanie. Think Nancy Drew meets Harry Potter.

If you're looking for my adultlike content Laurel K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series has everything. Vampires, Werewolves, depending on how far you get into the series, weretigers, Were anything basically, and of course vampire hunters, necromancers, serial killers, and almost anything else you can think up.
    Laurell K. Hamilton also has a Meredith Gentry series which I don't highly recommend but from what I've read it's pretty good. Just not as good as an Anita Blake novel.

If you're looking for adult content without all of the mushy gushy (but visually pleasant) steamy trashy romance scenes, L. L. Foster (aka Lori Foster) has The Servant Series. So far it's 2 novels long and the next installment isn't due out until September of this year. The series is a lot more gritty, the violence is a lot more graphic. And you have a very prominent religous aspect as well.

And so there's no confusion, I am NOT recommending Harry Potter.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare

The Mortal Instruments trilogy!

I'm obsessed with it right now. The book itself is a mixture of sarcasm, humour and a bit of suspence. It's about a secret world where Shadowhunters (Nephilim) fight to protect humans (Mundanes) from demons. It has awesome characters like Magnus Bane, the High warlock. Simon, gamer turned Daylighter (a rare vampire that can walk in the sunlight). Luke, the leader of werewolves.... It's sorta hard to explain the plot because of the many twists and turns, but it's definitely worth reading.

The Book Trailer: The Mortal Instruments Trailer
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2