+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Way of the Warrior: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles from Around the World

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

The Way of the Warrior: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles from Around the World

This expensive and rather lengthy piece documents nearly every known style of martial arts. In an age of internet data banks DK publishings encylopedia like reference books are becoming increasingly less useful. While I am sure that nearly all they styles that he mentioned could be found on the internet I do feel confident in saying that there are few indexes even online that document so many styles.

That however may be part of the problem. Crudelli makes it a point to document dead and hidden styles even though there is precious little he can tell us about them. So it is pointless to mention them. Another area that is strange is that he chooses to mention the training regimes of some of the disciplines the professionals of that style, and other he does not. A little strange to me but with over two hundred sytles to document you would not expect all styles to get the same treatment.

The book is a heavy price tag and I would not have recommended this book but for the extras. There are a lot of "day in the life of" type chapters that get very indepth on matches and martial artist that explain what goes on before matches and what they do to prepare for matches. There are also some very good photos. All these make certain that the warrior spirit is not lost on modern day practicioners. For a more specific details on the book and other reviews its amazon link is below.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Way of the Warrior: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles from Around the World

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Way of the Warrior: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles from Around the World

Sounds like something worth getting my hands on. I'd imagine it'd be expensive, but................I wonder if there's a torrent I can download this from........

200 different styles and then some......in detail. I thought I had time on my hands. I'd like to meet this Crudelli guy, just to shake his hand and congratulate him for his work.

I'm sure it wasn't easy.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TaurusDemon23 For This Useful Post:

!beast (Dec 27, 2009)

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: The Way of the Warrior: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles from Around the World

Thank you for the Reveiw I will call around and see if they have the book in stock.
    (today marks a full month that this topic was made So I just make it with 8:hours left to go.)

+ Reply to Thread