+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sazzy's Biography

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Sazzy's Biography

Well seeing as its long overdue, here is some information about me ^__^

Well, my name is Sazzy and I am twenty three years old. I am currently living at my parents here on the Isle of Wight, England but I plan to be moving out soon so I can become more independent. I am a graduate from Dartington College Arts, Devon where I studied Choreography with Digital Arts practise for three years. I really did enjoy looking into different ways of creating my own movement vocabulary and choreographing techniques. Where along side that, I looked into ways to incorporate technology in a performance. Even looking at ways to use technology to initiate a piece. I was highly inspired by a piece by EarthFall called “I Can’t Stand Up for Falling Down” . This piece used live-video recording that was from footage within the small spaced room and was streamed to the screen outside of the small space in the main stage area. The recording itself was partly done by the dancers moving into the performance area to bring the audience closers to the performers. It really did enlighten my interests into the performer-audience relationship and the use of technology.

At present, I am currently trying to finish a course within Web Design. I've only a few more subjects to go before I can complete the course and take the exam. Digital Art has become a passion of mine since I started created signatures for this forum back in 2004. However, I became more serious about Digital Art after I graduated because I had my own forum where I was experiment with the CSS and create my own skins for the site.

To help the pass the time, I often do some other hobbies of mine, which are painting, or practising instruments (violin, piano, flute and bass guitar). Both are things that I studied during my school years all the way up to the end of school into A-Level. Although Art was the subject I got a higher grade in, my true passion was dancing and I went on to study it at University but including my other skills into my performances.

Another hobby is Anime. I started watching anime back in 2003 before I went off to University and it acted as a chance to escape the troubles of reaching deadlines and to just enjoy watching something that I found interesting as the first series of Anime I ever saw were Evangelion and Ghost In The Shell. Both are very intriguing anime's as they really dive into human psychology and philosophy.

I do some times wonder if I spent too much time on my hobbies and not enough on studying but I lack motivation in most things and it just becomes hard to do what I should be doing rather that what I want to do.

In addition, my most valuable skill that I have, that really is something I can I say I can do naturally well is Ballet - Royal Academy of Dance Ballet. I started Ballet lessons when I was 5 years old. My mother even has pictures from all the Ballet shows I've done through out the years. At first I didn't really get into but after a few exams I realised that I was getting the second highest grades in the class each time. That was the first time where I found my natural talent for something. So I stuck it through, and started pointe work when I was 12 years old. The first show I did on pointe I believe was to the Entertainer by Scott Joplin. It was till the my last year at high school that I got the part for the lead role in the show of Alice in Wonderland. It was cute watching the 5 year olds dance, it always is. But then the younger children kept calling me Alice which was funny as it was nothing like my real name. However, I went back to take Grade 8 Classes during the summer after my first year at Uni. I was my teachers first Grade 8 Pupil and I passed with a Merit, which apparently is pretty well going for someone to get at the level. I think I was only a few marks away from Distinction. But I still felt really really happy with my mark. I've never looked back, I just wish that I could still go back to classes and keep going, its just that I've become lazy and lack motivation to do anything.
    Last edited by Sazzy; Apr 15, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sazzy's Biography

>_< ARGH! SOMEONE ELSE DID A BIO! NOW I MIGHT HAVE TO!

o_o How'd you get it to Sticky? It's like Mod-Magic!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

We learn something new about someone everyday. In this case we learned a bit more about who "Sazzy" is .

...great, now I have the urge to go and write one on myself. But wait!!! I dont think that there's anything worth writing about myself!! XD

@Soshi: If you really want a thread made into a sticky in your journal than let me know, I can work my *cough*Gallery*cough* Mod magic. LOLs (People think that I cant do Mod things just cuz I have the word "Gallery" in front of it....they're wrong)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Ahh yes the power of the mods :P I just couldn't resist sticky it :P

Well is there a lot more to write about so I might do that....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread