+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aceman67's Guide to not getting Infractions

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Aceman67's Guide to not getting Infractions

Just thought I'd share my insights on some things that might help you guys who have trouble staying with in the rules.
    • First off, Respect. This is a pretty simple thing to follow.
      • Respect yourself - Don't act like an idiot. This is the biggest thing I've see on this board. Doing stupid things can land you, or indirectly, others in trouble, resulting in infractions.
      • Respect Others - The golden rule applies here too folks, Treat others as you would like to be treated, there's a reason this little tidbit of advise as been around for so long. IT WORKS.
      • Respect the site - Animeonline's rules are ment to be followed, if you follow the rules, won't get in trouble.
      If you can do that, you won't have any issues.
    • Take the time to post a really well thought out reply. We're all here to discuss something we all have in common, our love of anime. Show us how much you love it by putting some effort into your posts, and help yourself from getting a "Low Quality Post" infraction.
    • Next - Rules governing being able to do stuff when you get to community member status. If you're not a community member, don't do the following, as you will get warned or infracted.
      • Start favorite threads.
      • Start Versus threads
      • Start any threads that are closely similar to the previous two. Us staff are a smart lot, we know when you're trying to circumvent the rules.
    • Don't antagonize the staff. Pissing us off (especially when we just disciplined you for something) is never a smart thing to do, it only makes us do nasty things, like say, use the Ban-hammer on you.

Some of us have long memories when it comes to past encounters with members.

The staff also have a staff only forum (Called the Black Mesa Research Facility) where we communicate with each other about things going on in the forums, like which members are acting up, which members are habitual rule breakers, ect ect.

Also, in that forum is a space called "Infractions and Warnings". In that space is every infraction, warning and reported post that has ever occured since the system was first used. Currently it contains 6,426 individual threads, and 11,165 posts. That should give you an idea of how much the rules get broken here.

We're all nice people, really, but god help you if you anger us.
    • Please, for the love of his holy Carnivore, Raptor Jesus, read the threads you plan on responding too, or any forum sticky. A lot of infractions given out can easily be avoided by just simply reading a thread. Take a look at the date of the last post to see if its more then a month old. Read a forum sticky to see if there's a specific rule being enforced in that section. Read the first post in a thread like the "What are you listening too now..." thread, and void an "Ignoring Section Rules" infraction. Take the time and read through any announcements made in the news section, there might be some new policy that hasn't been put into the site rules yet. Just read.
    • Lastly. If its Illegal outside of the internet, its against the rules here. This includes anything from Plagiarism, Piracy, to talking of illegal things like drugs.

Generally, when it comes down to it, it really is all about the three "Respects". Respect for ones self, Respect for others, and Respect for the site.

Do those three things and you're golden.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

lebasiara (Oct 21, 2009)

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Aceman67's Guide to not getting Infractions

I know I have a infraction problem. lol No seriously the forums were meant to be fun, its ok to break the rules once and awhile. Back when I was around we didn't have the whole infraction thing, so when you gave me an infraction that one time I was super confused. Then I realized, hey its doesn't really matter.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

But its not ok to break the rules.

Do so at your own peril.

I'm saying this because if you really do like Animeonline, and wish to continue being able to participate here, I suggest you drop the "Rules are meant to be broken" attitude and start towing the line.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

How often have I been breaking the rules? Umm.... never comes to my mind. I know you would ban in the blink of eye. hahaha Now, don't get me wrong rules are great guidelines to follow. Breaking the rules is bad thing than just consider it bending the rules. That sounds much better anyways. Now don't get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for you, and oh boy, I would not want to have your job here. Sometimes you seem like you get a little too carried away. So what if one rule is broken, its not like the sky is falling.
    Last edited by Zev; Jul 07, 2009 at 01:33 AM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

RULES! chains and bars that constrict thy soul!! O.O *screams*

Lets all run naked and be.. "free"

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh ace, there is no REAL template we can follow to guarantee ourselves happy, infraction free, posting here. True enough, If we all read this journal post and tried, with every fiber of our beings, to follow your guidance. Sure, we'd probably really decrease our chances of infractions. But disrespect is largely in the eye of the beholder. I may not find what I say to be disrespectful at all, while someone reading it may be greatly offended. If that someone were staff, or were to alert a staff, I'd just be given an infraction.

Also, this pissing off staff thing feels threatening. Like AO is some sort of death camp, where we should walk on eggshells because you all hold certain positions. It's JUST a website. Most the staff here are really agreeable and fair. But I have seen even the peachiest of staff members overreact, or misinterpret. I've seen staff get all whiney about the smallest comments. Comments that didn't even seem offensive but maybe just struck a PERSONAL chord with a staff.... and then... BAM! ... Another well intended member bites the dust. I've been here for years Ace, Ive seen it. And those of us who have felt like we've been reprimanded wrongly, according to your journal here, should just take it and leave it at that? Well that's unlikely. And sometimes just taking it isn't the smart thing to do. I have gotten at least a few infractions reversed. Staff isn't perfect. Sometimes, believe it or not... it's YOU GUYS who are in the wrong. With that said... People shouldn't try to fight back with the same staff that infracted them. That's just dumb. Administrators are the people you go to when you feel wrongly punished.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you for making this for the new people, although I know you made this in order to not get annoyed as much. I used to have a huge infraction problem, big enough to make me think someone had a grudge on me.
    Last edited by Trunks; Nov 07, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

+ Reply to Thread