+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Apparently, People don't like me. (The Vent at Aceman Thread. Read first post)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Apparently, People don't like me. (The Vent at Aceman Thread. Read first post)

Well, I don't give a rats ass.

Quite frankly, I honestly don't care if I'm not liked. Whether a person likes/dislikes me, or if I like/dislike them, I'm not the kind of person who lets that get in the way of, or influence, how I perform my duties when it comes to enforcing the site rules.

And I got BIG HUGE news for you people who don't like me, and I'm going to put this big bold red blunt letters so you can all clearly understand what I'm about to tell you:

99% of you who don't like me, are like that because I disciplined them in some way. Guess what, you broke the rules, and I enforce the rules. Don't break the rules and I won't bother you. Had you followed the rules, we would most likely get along just fine. But NOOOOOOO!!! You all had to go get butt hurt and whine, moan and complain about it.

My user title under my rank is there for a reason.

Apathetic: Means I don't care.
    Bastard: Means I'm a ruthless SOB if you get on my badside.

Do yourselves a huge favor, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, follow the God damn rules for once in your lives, and you won't see how much of a SOB I really can be.

To illustrate the kind of things I have to deal with when I give out infractions, here's an example of me giving out a warning for a vague low quality post. (I save all PMs for a couple month period in case a dispute arises, so if I gave you an infraction/warning since May, and responded to me, I have it saved, just for your information)

Vague, Low Quality Post

You need to go into detail with your reasons when replying to a thread that asks for your opinion.

Please remember this in the future.

Original post
    i loved it. The story and characters plus the animation drew me in.
    Obviously, this post warranted the warning. I was polite, I wasn't rude, I just pointed out that there was need for improvement.

And I got this in response. Please forgive me for the language, this is not censored in anyway, the user did that himself.

are you kidding me. Did you read my introduction post. The question was did you like evangelion and give the reason. That is exactly what I did. You know what you can take this forum and shove it, go ahead and delete my account. This is the most rediculous thing i've heard. You've been warned for making a post of what they asked.

have a nice life buddy thought this would be a cool site but not when its mods are such ****in idiots.

deleting my bookmark and will leave you be to patrol your site like a ****in NAZI.
    This user has since left AO.

This is pretty much the responses to the infractions I give out. Unless the user is a repeat offender, I'm polite and professional. I explain my reasoning, and some times, I give advice on how not to get in trouble in the future. And I get called things like a Nazi for it.

Edit

Don't be afraid to respond to this post, I won't hold anything you say against you, nor will I give you an infraction for anything you say, unless it uses profanity or is just a blatant attack.

If you want to vent at me, This is your only time I'm going to let you do it, But I will have one rule: Take the time to really think out what you want to say.

Thats what I do when I really have a problem with someone.

I'm going to let you guys know something personal. I have a speech impediment. That means I have a stuttering problem. When I'm stressed, excited or just tired, I stutter. Been doing that since I first learned how to talk, its not as bad as it was back then, but it comes out every now and then. As a consequence, I have a hard time expressing myself when I'm angry. The best way I do that is I write my thoughts down and then give it to the person in question. I've done this to several bosses who I felt have crossed the line, and I did so in a professional manner.

If you can do that, express your reasons for not liking me in a respectable, professional manner, I promise I will see what we can do to resolve those issues.
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 13, 2009 at 01:25 AM.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Apparently, People don't like me.

I just wanted to say thank you for being a good moderator and now super moderator. I never knew you got nasty replies like that from the infractions you gave out.

Maybe you just need to get an avatar that has a nice smile in it, to make you seem friendlier. It works for me.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

But Aoi does have a smile. A seductive sexy smile...

Ok, even that creeped me out...

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Apparently, People don't like me. (The Vent at Aceman Thread. Read first post)

You do a good job, keep this up. Someone needs to be a the strict one around here, otherwise this board would look differently I believe. And although I disagree about some of the infractions you give out I do realize that you just enforce the rules. If someone's to disagree with than it's the guy who made the rules, not the moderators or you respectively.
    Don't take those guys too seriously ... I know you don't, but this is not the first time you mention this issue so apparently always playing the "bad guy" isn't even funny for you. And getting called a Nazi just for taking care everyone follows the rule of course isn't fun. Just forget about it and continue doing your job. This it teh internetz. That stuff happens here. You at least try to clean this board from it.
    Anyway, I don't think any of those guys and gals you are addressing will read this, so it's probably rather useless.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Apparently, People don't like me. (The Vent at Aceman Thread. Read first post)

I would have to say that most of those members who whine about you giving them infractions are kids between the ages of 13 and 17. They surely whine too much eh.

Thanks for your hard work mate, you are the few ones that most people on here fear and respect after Hassun of course.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

You know Aceman, I used to think that whenever you gave out warnings/infractions, you were blunt and mean about it, and that's why some members didn't take it well. Seeing as how polite you were to that ex-member though, their response was completely unwarranted. I mean, if you were rude about it then I suppose a rude response would be somewhat acceptable. In this case, good riddance I say.

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I would have to say that most of those members who whine about you giving them infractions are kids between the ages of 13 and 17. They surely whine too much eh.

Thanks for your hard work mate, you are the few ones that most people on here fear and respect after Hassun of course.
    I'm nursing my injured pride here. I still fall into that category. Just. I don't need disciplining! Haha no I get what you're saying. And I agree, Hassun demands fear and respect. I still can't get over that gory avatar, a knife splitting a human nail.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    But Aoi does have a smile. A seductive sexy smile...

Ok, even that creeped me out...
    Yeah.... way to be creepy.. I can't really tell if Aoi is smiling or if she just has her mouth slightly open.

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post

*Cough* What about me?

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Word? This is the best thread ever!

You've said that you are only friendly or friends with people who take the time to get to know you. When I have attempted to do just that, at one point you seemed responsive. I thought that was really cool of you.

So I tried again at a later date to make small talk... and you threatened to reprimand me. I realize you've scolded people about your lack of desire for friendship here. Yet... you're not completely devoid of "friends".

I too get annoyed at the amounts of "friends" that even I have on this site. People who know little to nothing about me. Newbies who think its cool to have a bunch of names on their little list. Im not into that either.

Fact is... in my REAL LIFE, I fancy people who face reality whether or not they have to be harsh about it. People who are honest and who don't back down, or sugar coat. I also value anyone with a passion for creativity.

Was I really that wrong for thinking you might be someone worth getting to know?

Also... I think you take your job here a tad bit too serious. All be it... I have appreciated you plenty for it. You've also been a hypocrite. You've broken rules yourself. You made me take a poem off the forum that I worked on and was pleased with. All because I used the term "b*tch" in its correct form. Sure, it repeated... poetry often does. So I guess it warranted a removal for excessive use of profanity? Though the poem was not at all profane. Yet you posted a visitor message in someone's profile recently, containing an image that contained a real blatant use of profanity in it purest form. It was actually meant to be offensive.

It doesn't seem to me that you accept the reality of human frailty. WE ALL BREAK RULES AND MAKE MISTAKES! Nothing wrong with it... just own it. Its not like OWNING a flaw would make ME any less cool. Nor would it make you any less of an outstanding mod.

Recently, you infracted me... yes... I did make a thread in the questions forum. Ok, so that was a tad un-tactful, perhaps even manipulative thinking back on it. But I was legitimately confused. I really did want to understand what I had done wrong. Often if I am confused about something.. I think its reasonable to assume that there's a probability someone else is also confused. Its been years since I have broken a rule with any intent on this site. And I wasn't sure if my infraction was my oversight or yours. Mind you, you admitted you made a mistake. But you were real snide about it.

Funny thing.. is that even after feeling like I could have reason to dis-like you... I still WANT to like you. I still dig your snipets of your personality that you show here. And still wish I could know more...
    I just get the feeling you could give a rat's *ss.

This all really makes me wonder... why even make this thread? If someone doesn't favor you, I highly doubt you care. Apathetic right? There has GOT to be some entertainment value in this for you... which is.... hilarious of you.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Aug 14, 2009 at 07:07 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast