+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Apparently, People don't like me. (The Vent at Aceman Thread. Read first post)

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Apparently, People don't like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    *Cough* What about me?
    You are someone we all here in the community respect you as well love and care for you. You may not be as fearsome as Hassun and Aceman67, but your kindness and cuteness makes us listen to you like obedient lil kiddies.

ps: On behalf of everyone i would like to say, love you mami Zev.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Apparently, People don't like me. (The Vent at Aceman Thread. Read first post)

It could have been any number of things, Peach, I could have had just a bad day, or the way you went about trying to get to know me. But what I do remember is that I did ask you to leave me alone, and you persisted which really grated me the wrong way. I'm a very private man by nature. I don't have very many "True" friends, and the ones I do have are very very close, and people doing anything aggressively towards me, even trying to get to know me, is a turn off.

As for the infraction for language, regardless of the way in which you used the word, even if its being used in its intended meaning, it doesn't change the fact that the word is far more known for its other meaning then its original, and its because of its original meaning that its more infamous meaning is so rude. And you used it in a thread title. You never use profanity in a thread title. Thread titles can be picked up by search engines and RSS feeds and spread around the net very quickly.

I normally don't do things unless I have a solid reasoning for doing them.

As for your last infraction that I gave, to my understanding it was a mistake, and it was reversed. Like you said, people make mistakes, even I do, although I don't do it often because I'm very careful with what I say, and I double check things before I hit that "Post Reply" button.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    You know Aceman, I used to think that whenever you gave out warnings/infractions, you were blunt and mean about it, and that's why some members didn't take it well. Seeing as how polite you were to that ex-member though, their response was completely unwarranted. I mean, if you were rude about it then I suppose a rude response would be somewhat acceptable. In this case, good riddance I say.
    Considering that I've never given you an infraction, how do you know that I'm blunt and rude when giving them out? Like lapislazuli, the majority of the people who don't like me for the simple fact that Disciplined them, not that I was rude while disciplining them.

Generally the first Infraction I give a person is professional. The infractions become less professional the greater number of times that same infraction is repeated by the member, because its like watching someone beat them selves with the stupid stick and not learning from their mistakes. Eventually you have to take a moment and give them a small kick in the ass to make them listen. Don't believe me, go ask The Gungrave of Trigun, if you can find him else where on the net, he's the most habitual rule breaker AO as ever had.

The GunGrave of Trigun's list of Infractions (With out warnings)

General Spamming (6 Infractions) 150 pts
    Inappropriate Image Upload (1 Infraction) 30 pts
    Vague, Low Quality Post (19 Infractions) 190 pts
    Plagiarised Content (2 infractions) 50 pts
    Pseudo Modding (2 Infractions) 20 pts
    Double Posting (1 Infraction) 25 pts
    Ignoring Section Rules (1 Infraction) 10 pts
    Spammed Advertisements (1 Infraction) 35 pts
    Inappropriate Language (1 Infraction) 10 pts
    Multiple accounts (1 Infraction) 20 pts
    Signature Rule Violation (1 Infraction) 10 pts
    Posting in Dead Topics (2 Infractions) 50 pts
    Requesting / Posting Objectionable Links (3 Infractions) 90 pts
    Insulting Members (1 Infraction) 35 pts
    Ignoring Section Rules (1 Infraction) 10 pts

Total: 43 infractions and 735 total points
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 14, 2009 at 07:24 AM.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Apparently, People don't like me. (The Vent at Aceman Thread. Read first post)

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Considering that I've never given you an infraction, how do you know that I'm blunt and rude when giving them out?
    It was my general impression of you as a whole. I always felt that you were annoyed at members breaking the rules, which is very understandable, and generally when someone's annoyed, they're rather blunt. That's not to say that you're a rude person! I've seen your posts in thread discussions and you're very civil towards other members. Though like you said, having never received an infraction from you before, I could only assume. My assumption has been proven wrong though, and I'm sorry if I've offended you. For the record, I think you're a fair and reasonable person, and an invaluable staff member.

And holy..! That's a heck of a lot of infractions.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

People don't take criticism and punishment and scolding very easily.
    I've gotten into tussles with mods before in other forums, even admins...
    But hey, it took me a good amount of years to learn to appreciate them. Anarchy in forums - - - don't make very good forums (for children especially).

As I see it, you're just doin' your job. Many times, you're going beyond people's expectations. They often think a mod will let a little thing go as long as it isn't botherin' anyone, but you're a rock-hard-blow-to-the-head reminder that rules are rules. That's coo, very respectable.

What's more impressive is that you can actually keep this work-ethic up!
    Most mods just give up on 'em and eventually just loosen up, or retire.

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not have a problem with you. I mean if there wasn’t someone to enforce the rules like you, who would. I respect you and the other Mods. Even the ones that relentlessly slapped Infractions on my forehead.
    I have been a member on this site on and off for nearly 4 years and I’ve been punished like 3 times. I cannot really get mad at you for doing what you have to do and your job. Personally i think if someone does have a problem with you thier a sore loser for getting caught breaking the rules. Clearly if they get caught by you they feel its not fair and especially if they are young and unruly. I am totally not trying to be a kiss butt, but I have mad respect for people willing to straighten idiots out. As long as I have been on, you have never posed a problem to any one that did follow the rules.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

That is not fair what so ever there are many people on this forum that do not like you like me, and it has nothing to do with infractions. I am just saying. Are you going to say I am lying now?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The only reason I called you a liar is because you claimed to have gotten hate male for posting things on THIS forum about things that would piss off white supremacists. I've been a member of AO since late 2002. I've posted a lot more things that would incur the ire of those people, and not once have I gotten any emails like that. And If I, a person in authority and prevalence on the forum (My name has been on the announcements page for almost 2 months now), logic would dictate that I would be the one getting the hate mail, right?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 14, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

You are right we both get hate mail. And lets be frank you probably get a lot more hate mail than any body else on this forum but to think you have the market cornered on hate mail is not completely accurate. Though you are right a vast majority of all hate mail on the forum belongs to you. Keep up the good work. But I know you will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast