+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haven't done one of these in a while...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Haven't done one of these in a while...

Its been a while since I just wrote a journal entry (not that you guys really read what I write...)

NEwho, whats going on with me, hmm?

Well, at the end of November I quit my job at Burger King (after 10 months of being lied too, mistreated and taken advantage of), I've got a job at Wendy's now, paying $4 more an hour ($13/hour) full time. This is great, as I can finally get myself out of the the little hole I dug last year financially (i'm currently living out of my $500 Overdraft on my bank account), and get some much needed maintenance done on my car.
     click to show spoiler

The job is good, the people are friendly, except there are two people who just, well, grind my gears so to speak. There's a Chinese manager who doesn't understand that she's being condescending and sometimes rude while telling people what to do, and a crew member who used to be a manager but demoted herself because she couldn't handle the stress who still acts like a manager and thinks she can tell others what to do all the time (I'll give you a hint as to which one annoys me more, and its not the Chinese manager).

Other then that, the restaurant I work at just happens to be the busiest Wendy's in North America, based on sales.

That's right, I said "busiest in North America". When you clear over $10,000 in a lunch hour, you know you're making serious money.

They're building a new store in my city that's opening in January, and I'm going to be going there when it opens, and during the grand opening, pretty much anyone who's anyone who works for Wendy's corporate management is going to be there. Needless to say, that day is going to be stressful.

Now, on to other things. This Christmas sucks. Due to the reasons I quit working for burger king, I don't have much money to speak of, and I was only able to spend about 60 bucks on presents this year (versus the $500 I spent last year). And I don't get my first cheque from Wendy's till the 29th, so my presents are going to be a little late so to speak.

Also, by brother-in-law (well, he's not my Brother In Law, he and my sister are divorced, but he's the father of my nieces, and therefore is family) just moved out on his girlfriend and is, as I write this, driving down here with everything he owns and my nieces to find a place to live in the same city I do.

So yay! I get to see my Nieces more often, can't get enough of Kayla and Emily, the little trouble makers!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Haven't done one of these in a while...

That's good. 13 dollars an hour is more practical for someone to live on. I mean you take what you can get but I wonder how anyone gets ahead that way.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Ditch the car and get a nice, used motorcycle. Should be much better on your budget.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in a country that snows 4 months out of the year when it's not safe to ride one.

And my mom would kill me.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Is Wendy's as good as Burger King? Never had Wendy's before, from the commercials looks like they try to be a healthy fast food.

lol I know how you feel when people arn't your boss then try to tell you what to do, I always do the opposite of whatever they say in defiance.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Thanks

lol, Hell no, the only difference be tween the two is that Wendy's never freezes their meat and it comes straight off the grill.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

( ^o^) i have to agree, Wendy's is far superior to Burger King! two words: SQUARE BURGERS.

Enough said!

and congratulations on being closer to family! i just became an auntie again, it's so fun to buy baby clothes!

+ Reply to Thread