+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jailbroke iOS4 on my ipod touch

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbroke iOS4 on my ipod touch

of course, I had to wipe it to jailbreak it... and that means a 12 hour sync in itunes... that sucks. (Yes, a full first sync can take 12 hours if you have itunes re-encode your 32 gig music library to a lower bitrate to save space on your ipod)

And before you ask: No, I'm not telling you how or where to find out how to jailbreak your apple products. Google is your friend, and if you already have a jailbroken ipod or iphone, then you know where to already.

And lastly, for those who go "but that voids your warranty", well, my touch is 2 years old so its been out of warranty for a year now...

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Jailbroke iOS4 on my ipod touch

So in other words your speaking that there is no telling on what to do with the iOS4 on the ipod touch correct? and also another question comes to mind based on what you did 12 hours was the estimated time right, so how come the space has decreased instead of increasing the rate of the gigabytes? anyways if there is no possible answer i guess im asking the wrong person then just to say in my opinion. another one comes to my head is is cydia the only way to be certain that comes included when you jailbroke yours? thats all my question for today maybe some other time i will ask the real question that involved with this similar to what i've asked so far.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    and also another question comes to mind based on what you did 12 hours was the estimated time right, so how come the space has decreased instead of increasing the rate of the gigabytes?
    What? That makes just about as much sense as saying the internet is a series of tubes.

My music library is 32 gigs. I have a 32 gig ipod touch. Obviously I can't fit all my music on my touch, so Itunes encodes all the songs to 128-bit AAC to save space, making the 32 gigs worth of music only take up 19-20 gigs. and the 12 hours wasn't an estimate, thats how long it took the last time.

About cydia, cydia is a repository for installing 3rd party apps for a jailbroken ipod. Think of it like an appstore. Stuff like winterboard (for themeing), Bossprefs for tweaking features, wi-fi hotspot scanners and alot more.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Jun 27, 2010)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    What? That makes just about as much sense as saying the internet is a series of tubes.

My music library is 32 gigs. I have a 32 gig ipod touch. Obviously I can't fit all my music on my touch, so Itunes encodes all the songs to 128-bit AAC to save space, making the 32 gigs worth of music only take up 19-20 gigs. and the 12 hours wasn't an estimate, thats how long it took the last time.

About cydia, cydia is a repository for installing 3rd party apps for a jailbroken ipod. Think of it like an appstore. Stuff like winterboard (for themeing), Bossprefs for tweaking features, wi-fi hotspot scanners and alot more.
    well that was an interesting answer and i perhaps have found the answer to my question though how big of a difference does it make from the AAC 128bit would end up saving space for? this is also another technological question that i cannot figure out please explain more specifically i can hardly tell what your saying about that it only uses about from 18-20 gigabytes from the ipod touch. which reminds me is it just only uses only for version 1.3.1 or the real version of 4.0 only thats another factorable question?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

+ Reply to Thread