+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naruto Sucks!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    Just curious, but what do you people find as good anime or do you watch it at all anymore. (you people meaning the people from the older generation that says sucks to pretty much everything)
    Not sure what you mean by saying everything sucks. I'm quite fine with most new animes.
    I'm even willing to give 'em a chance, despite the fact I don't regularly watch anime anymore. (but when I do, I give 'em a chance)

...hell, I gave Naruto a chance back before it even hit translation, long before the new fans came in and destroyed people's love for the series.

But I suppose what I find makes a good anime is exactly the same thing as a good movie or show... good humor, nice transitioning, good plot development without cheap throws, deep or likeable characters, blah blah blah~ The whole thingy majiggy...

Normally, I don't let fans get in the way of what I like - and the same went for Naruto (painfully... it was so painful to ignore >_<)... but sadly, what I didn't like from Naruto is how they ripped off of other animes in ways I couldn't even imagine (had no idea you could take frame-by-frame scenes from other animes and put them into another one)...
    First few seasons were bleh-to-good... with a little bit of taking of ideas. ...later series just gave up original concepts altogether.

...they also try too hard at times, as if they don't know how to build up conflict or an attachment to characters.

...and usually I really don't mind filler-episodes... it makes characters more likeable.
    But most of the filler episodes weren't anything special or interesting, it wasn't even anything. O_o

And I know animes could get ridiculous in the sense that they don't do the most sensible of things but it still looks awesome - or adds effect... but Naruto crashes that idea to the ground and rapes it. Many times they will do "SUPER COOL ATTACKS ZOMGOOGLE" that honestly don't make any sense or even add anything too different to what they were doing previously.

And the movies sucked, but most anime series movies do. So I can't blame it for that.

...and eventually what made Naruto unsalvageable to me was: The fans.
    ...they were thoroughly convinced that they themselves were ninjas and knew the way of the ninja... cuz they saw it from an anime filled with kids in orange bright jumpsuits pretending they knew how to be ninjas (and apparently, when they were hit, no matter from what angle, they'd roll like they're tumbling down a cliff - in mid-air).
    Though it could be seen as cute and supposedly ignorable, there... are... so... many... of them...

You know how they say that "the victor writes history"?

Well, if you were to go to an anime convention (or forum... or anywhere) and talk about the anime you like - and a Narutard claimed that so-n-so can beat your favorite character... You have 2 choices, ignore 'em, or debate against them.
    If you debate, no matter how logical you are (let's say Vegeta vs Sasuke... ignore the JUMP fighting games and face the facts: Vegeta's a saiyan, not human. Sasuke won't even be able to scratch him), they'll constantly say the same thing over and over and name all the moves of their favorite character, naming all the opponents they've faced and which episodes he/she did what.
    ...they're not even listening to you.
    And as if you were bullying the kid, or as if you were the one that started the fight, all the other Narutards start ganging up on you... there's just so many of them being ignorant, that there's no way you can win.
    In the end, they win.
    ...or if you ignore them: All of them celebrate, and claim they are the winners.
    Ignorable, yet extremely annoying.

In the end, in their massive numbers, they could easily piss off everyone inside a convention (making them leave), take over all the booths, claim that Naruto has been in existence since the 70s (and make it be written so), demand and eventually push forward an episode where Naruto's beating every anime character up, and claim it is the greatest anime of all time - in every genre.
    .... it's shockingly horrible what they can do if you even mock the glorious name of "naruto".
    It's aggravating, really.

...Naruto's the only thing that has ever created fans that made me want to drop a series... and successfully made me do so.

Other than all that: It makes a good brawling fighting game.

..... so it's not that I hate new animes. Some of them are quite good.
    But Naruto?

...ugh... no more please...
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Mar 22, 2009 at 04:56 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soshi Kitai For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Mar 22, 2009), EmoNightmareRose (Mar 22, 2009)

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Not sure what you mean by saying everything sucks. I'm quite fine with most new animes.
    I'm even willing to give 'em a chance, despite the fact I don't regularly watch anime anymore. (but when I do, I give 'em a chance)
    hmmm, not sure but i was quoting Hassun, not you.
    What i mean is there are people out there who are constantly saying so and so animes suck and such but never really say what animes they like.(not saying thats describing anyone here)

i just want to know Hassun's favourite anime because i just want to know what he/she likes because i've never seen him/her state any(search his top ranked posts is too much to try) XD

(and btw i dont care for Naruto, i read the manga because i want closure)
    with both Naruto and Bleach "seemingly" coming to their closes, i wonder which series will replace them as elongated marathon 5-8 year long next "big" anime.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

While I do think Narutard sucks, I wasn't trying to for that in this thread. It was mainly a draw to rick roll all your asses.

And it worked!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

yes it did work...
    and for that you derserve and Ozymandias hug!!

(Ozymandias does not give out hugs easily)

For Supreme Rickrollling check out the new series coming to 4kids!:
    YouTube - Saturday Morning Watchmen

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    While I do think Narutard sucks, I wasn't trying to for that in this thread. It was mainly a draw to rick roll all your asses.

And it worked!
    Wow. Nice going. I actually went to it because I saw the title (Thats how you get people to read anything). Hmmm....my opinion on Naruto is neutral. It's a series I like to watch and read the manga from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    but sadly, what I didn't like from Naruto is how they ripped off of other animes in ways I couldn't even imagine (had no idea you could take frame-by-frame scenes from other animes and put them into another one)...
    Actaully they can (you know that already though...-.-). I was looking at pics on photobucket and found quite a few gif animations, which compared a Naruto fight scene to another anime scene. I was like WTF?? So yeah.... thats how I found out about that whole thing you said. *sigh*

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2