+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A rant from a starving artist - Why do people not read things?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

A rant from a starving artist - Why do people not read things?

Since my journal is called such, I might was well write a rant.

The topic: Why people don't read things.

Seriously. A lot of people, both on this forum, and in real life (Like the customers I serve at work) don't read posted warnings, notifications, and advertisements. And its really ****ing annoying.

I swear, you could have a small red button with a 20 foot flashing neon sign saying "Don't press it" and someone would press it anyways.

If I had a nickle for everytime...

(And for those of you who think this is targeted at you, You damn well bet it is)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A rant from a starving artist - Why do people not read things?

As Tomo said in azumanga, buttons are made to be pressed.

Anyways, take it with a grain of salt. I was actually gonna mess with you the other day about a friend request lol.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

Y'know, I agree intensely with this entry. I feel like you took the words right from my keyboard. I really couldn't have said it better myself. Some people just need to get a clue, y'know? It really is quite annoying how silly people can be. Is it hard to read warnings? No, of course it's not. Thank god for printing labels and signs or else we'd really be in some serious trouble.

I agree so much, I'll give you some rep points. <3

edit: D'aw Legend, I wanted to be first. Oohhhh well. Btw, I beat you to that idea.

ಥ__ಥ

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

i think i have it as a serious problem, i can never find things when im looking for them even when they are in front of me.,Just the other day i was looking for my cup of tea i had just made around the the kitchen, and after a minute of searching, where' was it?,. literally right in front on me., its sad. Its probably due to the fact when i think i lost something i look everywhere away from the obvious place ., but this has nothing to do with reading does it?...more of a hijack rant. :P

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

I can't read. D; Dont blame meh! -Sobs-

Sometimes its laziness? Sometimes its lack of time - sometimes its disregard, sometimes people can't read. Or are blind.

Or just like pressing buttons. &#172;__&#172;;;; -Sweatdrop- I guess.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    As Tomo said in azumanga, buttons are made to be pressed.
    And signs are made to be read.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I swear, you could have a small red button with a 20 foot flashing neon sign saying "Don't press it" and someone would press it anyways.
    As sad as that is, it's still funny.
    People don't tend to like to read the rules of the forum, too many words in an "out-of-the-way thread". There's at least a 30% chance they'll follow the rules when a bolded colored summary of the rule is found in the topic they're posting in. It certainly does help 'em. Can't say much for those who never read the first post.

However, I don't often read the entire topic. I read most of the beginning, and most of the end... but I find it ridiculous for people to call me out for not knowing some people's posts that were halfway through the thread, when the topic is like... 13 pages long. :/
    I mean, I can see where the problem is, but I just find it odd that some people find it required to read all 13 pages on casual topics... though I do understand when people call me out when I didn't read all 10 pages of HUUUGE posts with tons of links within a Debate&Discuss thread... afterall, it's supposed to be a serious discussion and I should treat it as such.

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

.... You know, this whole discussion makes me remember that old Dexters Laboratory episode.

"Ooooooooooo~ What does THIS button dooooo~!"
    "DEEDEE~!"
    **BOOOOOMMM**

.... Then again, sadly, Dexter didn't put up a sign. : ( Or maybe he did. I forget. </3

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast