+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something that annoys me...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Something that annoys me...

The lack of paragraph structure in peoples posts.

might not seem like much to some people, but trying to read a huge square block of text is difficult, and my eyesight isn't what it used to be (its not from age, I'm not that old, spend as much time in front of a computer screen, especially a CRT monitor below 60+hz, and you'll get near sighted too).

I mean, how hard is it to start a new paragraph when you move on to a new train of thought?

For instance, lets look at Dark1Angel's responce to Lebasiara's thread (Please can a man explain to me, cus I can't understand)

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    well so far i can tell from your write i think your being a true girlfriend to him and the thing that goes on his mind is that he does not know what else to do other then just buying you random gifts for your anniversary which is not good to do when your a guy trying to buy them random stuff, from my experience i think the best way is to be reasonable with him and tell him upfront to be with you other then receiving something you do not like try your best to talk into him to understand you better because if you dont say anything the gifts and spending separate time will be endless so its better to do the initiative like going direct towards him instead of the indirect way. good luck and hope you get it right.
    Thats hard to read, and honestly (since I picked it on a whim with out reading it first), I think no puncuation was used at all and its all one run-on sentence.

Now, I'm going to edit and make it readable. I'll highlight anything I cange.

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    Well so far I can tell, your right.

I think you're being a true girlfriend to him and the thing that goes on his mind is that he does not know what else to do other then just buying you random gifts for your anniversary which is not good to do when your a guy trying to buy them random stuff.

From my experience; I think the best way is to be reasonable with him and tell him upfront to be with you other then receiving something you do not like.

Try your best to talk into him and to understand you better; Because if you don't say anything the gifts and spending separate time will be endless so its better to do the initiative like going direct towards him instead of the indirect way. good luck and hope you get it right.
    I edited it for grammar as well as paragraph structure.

See how much better that is?

Now I wish that everyone would do this. Because it pisses me off.

Otaku Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion, Zizzo Challenge Champion, Zwill Champion, Aragon Dragon Champion KingAnime is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Something that annoys me...

What if we/you "IF POSSIBLE" make the default font bigger? Than nobody would have to strain their eyes trying to read.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

General rule of thumb is you leave the default text size the way it is. There's no need to use large font sizes unless you're trying to emphasize something. Overuse large font size, and you can be sure a staff member will let you know when enough is enough.

I have no issues with reading the default text size, that wasn't the issue here. it was the blocks of text that all meld into one big blob.

And I generally hate people with bad grammar.

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

okee-dookey...i will try to do that....even though it is some troublesome to do..
    and sometime annoys me...but, i'll try...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

It is not only annoying to you Ace. I am pretty sure many posts get half read or not read at all because they can't be read. The train of thought is usually lost, therefore, the interest is lost as well.

Me, I am going to be more careful, now that you point it out, in writing to keep the reader not only interested on my story by what it says but also in how it is read.

The font size is good, I think. The only thing that makes it, many times, un-readable is the change of unadequate colors people do to them i.e.: can you really read this? or how annoying and eye stabbing is this?

Now, imagine a whole paragraph like that.
    Annoying... isn't?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread