+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Bible tells me so"

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

"The Bible tells me so"

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).
    So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the Law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12 RSV)

.... Somehow, my heart seems to hold fast to these principles. I am not sure if they were hard wired in my mind from my youth. Growing up in a christian (covenant) church. But, I feel as though I naturally veer toward this idea of an unwavering love. The concept of treating others the way I'd like to be treated. Since... there is SO much that I don't associate myself with as far as christianity (firefox thinks its misspelled cuz I left it lowercase ), Im thinking its less likely christian influence is to blame.
    Perhaps it is just that I have gotten the same feeling as those who were inspired to write the above verses. Maybe I just got the same notion Jesus did. That somehow, the universe responds better when we live this way. When we do things like love, for the sake of loving (not of being loved in return). Forgive our enemies. Treat people how we'd like to be treated... In my experience... I seem to attract some "blessings", some good fortune. However, these beautiful outcomes are only the calm points in what is mostly a hail storm of pain and bullsh*t.

So... If "God" is really out there, thinking thoughts (not how I really think the universe works). Then I wonder what (he?) thinks about finally murdering "undying love". I mean... If you're going to view God as a someone who is person-like. Someone who is aware. Then God's got to know that we live in a world where there is something called MENTAL HEALTH.

Loving someone relentlessly, especially when its not returned... can really depress a person. While I find it natural to continue to love, regardless of whether or not its returned to me. I think its absurd to think any human being is going to rid themselves of the desire to be loved back. We all want to be loved. When it doesn't happen... it hurts.

Constantly showing love to a person who doesn't show it back... ...Who isn't interested in showing it back... Is looked at as kinda cooky this day and age. I mean... who does that? (...me. ) On one hand... there is a sort of pride in feeling like I have some awesome love to give. But on the other hand... I feel retarded. "God" wouldn't possibly want me to feel this dumb would (he?)??? The universe (God) has in fact given me some gnarly consequences despite my loyalty to this "love". Which only confuses me. Some people would say that when negative outcomes arise from putting yourself in a situation, that its a situation "God" is trying to tell you to avoid. In the BIG picture I do find that I am blessed overall. A fact that I do not want to under appreciate. I think we all can find blessings if we look hard enough (more people should) The fact remains... Everyday I allow myself to continue this love, is another day I continue to allow myself to hurt.

When does undying love turn sour? The line between spiritual healthiness and mental unhealthiness is becoming so blurred to me. I could really use a savior... *waits*... *looks over her shoulder to see if Jesus is there yet*....
    ... Not Ever Again...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "The Bible tells me so"

( ^_^) Jesus is always there, it just depends if you want to see Him.

As for love turning sour. . . it doesn't. people turn sour. people are bad. sins are bad. love is not bad. love is never bad.

i can't say i know what you're looking for, or what is exactly going wrong, or even how best to fix it. . . all i know is that love and good deeds are never wasted. just becuz no one else gives a d@mn, doesn't me you shouldn't either.

( ^_^) but i'm not good at this kind of stuff~ i'm very simple, so i don't think about those kind of things much~

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

The kind of things you say, Abu... it makes people wanna' puke.

No offense. You're just really sugary and rainbowy.

You'd kill an emo with just a glare.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

As for love turning sour. . . it doesn't. people turn sour. people are bad. sins are bad. love is not bad. love is never bad.
    Ok, so this is making me think... Perhaps my desire for love in return IS wrong. Maybe that's selfish of me. And maybe any self pity I feel surrounding not receiving that love ... is the biggest "sin" of all.

I mean, more than just christianity would view that as true.

I guess where I struggle is, what do I do about that? It feels so natural and normal to want love back.

Maybe I just need to be more appreciative of the love that IS shown to me. It may not be romantic love.. But I am not without love. Maybe I just need to love myself more.

The kind of things you say, Abu... it makes people wanna' puke.

No offense. You're just really sugary and rainbowy.

You'd kill an emo with just a glare

Well as sun shiney and flowery as she was. She certainly reminded me that there isn't anything wrong with my loving someone. And that the answer isn't to stop loving.
    ... Not Ever Again...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

\(^o^)/ YAY! ! HUGS FOR PEACH! !

::massive group hug::

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you ever stop to think about how God loves us? Does he not continuously and unconditionally love us? That is not to say he isn't fair, just and holy but rather he loves us even when we betray, dishonor and even "spit" on his love towards us. We did nothing and never can do enough to merit his love yet he loves us not because of who we are and the actions we take but because of who he is, even when we don't return his love.

We are suppose to be the same. We love unconditionally because that is who we are not because those we love deserve it or have done anything to earn it. Likewise that doesn't mean just because we love that we keep those people in our lives when they are unhealthy for it. You can love anyone from anywhere without necessarily being with them. There are also different kinds of loves, maybe the type of love you are showing for someone is what is wrong. Maybe you aren't meant to love them the way you do now (romantic?), maybe you are suppose to have a different love (brotherly?) for them.

It isn't easy to figure out and it may hurt but the love isn't the problem, it is how & to whom to show or not show it that is difficult.

Think about it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Aug 23, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread