+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Embarassing secret revealed.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Embarassing secret revealed.

Ok, so If I ever thought that having a journal was going to gain me some popularity here... I can throw all hope of that out the window now.

The secret Im about to reveal is going to make me seem like some mentally ill freak, I just know it.

Anyway. I have pica.

It's this disorder where you want to eat\chew on things that aren't food.

Tissue and Toilet Paper (don't worry its clean) are my current favorites. Terrycloth fabric, or any little stringie fringes or snags that hang off of ANY fabric. I try not to swallow the stuff. But... eh....
    I cut my hair last summer because I realized I was ingesting it. My nails are bitten down quite far. and every now and again I'll pull out an eyelash... mmmm ...
    As we speak I am enjoying the tips of some cotton swabs.
    I also eat ice, which is defined as a trait of pica... but I thought it was normal.

I've always had this issue. Since I was a kid. I never knew what it was called until recently, or that others had it too. I was depressed and stressed as a kid, I know that can trigger pica. I think pregnancy makes it worse, as I think my habits heightened with pregnancies. But, those habits didn't get much better AFTER the pregnancies were over. Also I have some vitamin deficiencies, that makes pica worse also.

I stumbled upon this website a while back.
    I Have Pica Syndrome | An Anonymous Group with Personal Stories, Support Forums, Quizzes, News & Help. Group Discussion & Advice.

It supposed to be anonymous. But I dont see the need for that anymore. I mean, I know its embarrassing. And I did try to keep it a secret for a while. But, keeping secrets does no good.. Besides, its not like Im going to invite anyone over and fix up a platter of washcloths and cotton balls.

There are people eating drywall and chalk, plastic, and face cream. Even dirt and cleaning products. Its fair to say Im not alone. But everyone including myself seems like they're trying to keep it a secret. But, Im over the secret part. Im a freaking weirdo. maybe one of YOU weirdos can offer some useful insight. But, its not an easy habit to break. Its a total compulsion. Sometimes I dont even realize Im doing it until Im already in the middle of it.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Embarassing secret revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Ok, so If I ever thought that having a journal was going to gain me some popularity here... I can throw all hope of that out the window now.

The secret Im about to reveal is going to make me seem like some mentally ill freak, I just know it.

Anyway. I have pica.

It's this disorder where you want to eat\chew on things that aren't food.

Tissue and Toilet Paper (don't worry its clean) are my current favorites. Terrycloth fabric, or any little stringie fringes or snags that hang off of ANY fabric. I try not to swallow the stuff. But... eh....
    I cut my hair last summer because I realized I was ingesting it. My nails are bitten down quite far. and every now and again I'll pull out an eyelash... mmmm ...
    As we speak I am enjoying the tips of some cotton swabs.
    I also eat ice, which is defined as a trait of pica... but I thought it was normal.

I've always had this issue. Since I was a kid. I never knew what it was called until recently, or that others had it too. I was depressed and stressed as a kid, I know that can trigger pica. I think pregnancy makes it worse, as I think my habits heightened with pregnancies. But, those habits didn't get much better AFTER the pregnancies were over. Also I have some vitamin deficiencies, that makes pica worse also.

I stumbled upon this website a while back.
    I Have Pica Syndrome | An Anonymous Group with Personal Stories, Support Forums, Quizzes, News & Help. Group Discussion & Advice.

It supposed to be anonymous. But I dont see the need for that anymore. I mean, I know its embarrassing. And I did try to keep it a secret for a while. But, keeping secrets does no good.. Besides, its not like Im going to invite anyone over and fix up a platter of washcloths and cotton balls.

There are people eating drywall and chalk, plastic, and face cream. Even dirt and cleaning products. Its fair to say Im not alone. But everyone including myself seems like they're trying to keep it a secret. But, Im over the secret part. Im a freaking weirdo. maybe one of YOU weirdos can offer some useful insight. But, its not an easy habit to break. Its a total compulsion. Sometimes I dont even realize Im doing it until Im already in the middle of it.
    thats very good how honest u are, and u cant help that u have pica, i dont think people on AO will judge
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Every one has some wierd quirks, and I bite my nails all the time I just don't injest them.

Newbie iNonLemon is off to a good start iNonLemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Every one has some wierd quirks, and I bite my nails all the time I just don't injest them.
    I bite my nails (not injest) and eat ice...

It's good of you to be so up front with your problems though, and believe me, I wont judge you
    XBL GT: TFT NonLemon

Yes, I have brought Lemon back!!

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I eat ice too. Obsessively. It quells my anxiety a lot. I don't have any other strange eating like habits, except that I count the pieces of cereal to make sure they are even, before I eat them. But, I am a compulsive skin picker. I have billions of scars cus I can't leave bumps,scars,or scabs well enough alone.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i bite my nails constantly. and i eat ice to "chill out" lol, i chew on the metal popper-tab-thingys on soda cans too. you are not alone

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread