+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Excuse Wii?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Excuse Wii?

Ok... pease dont laugh at me, or throw your gamer stones my direction.

I need help.

My family got a Wii for Christmas, and I haven't a CLUE what to do with it.

I mean, I can play it (the kiddie games, and wii sports\wii play or whatever it came with)... but... Im not even sure where to start on my quest for gaming with it

I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to afford much in the way of games upon receiving it. Now however, my financial situation is loosening me up a bit. I just dunno anything about whats what in the realm of games. Im a beginner gamer, I want something FUN and adult-esque More so than "Igor" or "Meet the Robbinsons" which is mainly what I got right now. Yet something that isn't going to be too difficult.

I just got my very first console EVER in July (PS2). Yes, Im 26 and didn't own a video game console 'till my 26th birthday. So, I was intimidated by the Wii at first. But... I think it could be a lot of fun. Its a blast so far.

I don't know anything about getting it online... Or how that works. Oh dear god I know that sounds retarded. But.. the only thing I've ever owned that could access anything "online" is this desktop PC.

I guess a need a router?

Anyway... can anyone suggest any games? Links are helpful.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jan 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Second guessing the rediculous largness of font.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Excuse Wii?

OKAMI.

I played it on the PS2 but it's an excellent game and I'm sure it's just as fun on the Wii.

YouTube - IGN Okami wii review

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

OOoooohh. The colors. Like some sort of fantasy trip.

And a freakin' brush?.... that like... strokes stuff to death? Or makes a bridge where I draw it? Not to knock the PS2 version... but I bet thats AMAZING to play on the wii... and really just be able to *swoosh.

See, Wii made it cool to move your controller all around while you play. (I've always had to try real hard not to before)

He said its at least 30 hours of game play. I'd try not to do that too consecutively. But, it looks like it might take effort to put that down.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jan 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I could definitely suggest some games, but if you want that list to be short, you'd have to give me some more specific interests in games. Because if you have a broad interest in games, the Wii's got a huge list...

Okami is definitely a billion thumbs up, though. I'd definitely second that.

Thanks

Sosh... thats like asking a virgin what their favorite position is....

Well good thing virginity breaking isn't something you're into. But apparently Sazuka would rock out with her figurative cock out.

Truly Sosh the only thing I know would really tickle my fancy is creativity. I ADORE building characters.
    But that doesn't mean I don't want to explore. I bet there are types of games I didn't even know I'd enjoy.

Throw something out there!..... please?
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jan 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I put out like 40 hours on Okami, unlocking everything in it. Now I'm not really interested in doing that again on the Wii. Getting all the spare beads was helllllllll.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Building characters... hmmm...
    If you're into odd gameplay (which reminds me of Katamari Damacy for the PS2), Rabbids Go Home has an AMAZING character builder, in my opinion:
    YouTube - Video Feature - Customizing Rabbids (Pt1)
    YouTube - Video Feature - Customizing Rabbids (Pt2)
    YouTube - Video Feature - Customizing Rabbids (Pt3)
    YouTube - In Ze Wiimote - Rabbids Go Home

However, if you're into building things in general...
    Well, if you're willing to give into kiddy-looking things, the MySims games are EXCELLENT!

MySims:

MySims isn't really anything like the The Sims games, as you aren't focused on the dramas and relationships and trying to make sure your character doesn't die depressed...... nor are you trying to kill your Sims humorously.
    MySims is much more child-like, and is much safer in actions and humor.

The whole point of MySims is rebuilding a now-dead town. Your character has the ability to create new objects out of "Essences". Essences are... essences. The essence of things.

Let me explain it more clearly: The town is dead. It is your job to get people to move back into the town. After helping out the first people in the game, you get to pick and choose who can move into your town. The more people you please, the better rating the town gets. The better the rating, the more people will want to move in.

In this fashion, you can get an entire town filled with party animals - but must please lots of party-goers and make it party-central. Or you can make it diverse and have goths, martial artists, and jocks living all in the same town.

But to please these people, you must first build them a house to move into. Then you must do them favors... they usually would want a sink in their house, or a kitchen, or whatever. So they teach you how to make the said object, and you must use Essences in order to "accent" the objects into a fashion that would please the person.

For instance, if a nerd asks you to build them a bed, they'd love it if you painted their bed with spaceships and chemistry-style patterns. But hey, design it however you want! As long as it pleases them to their minimum, you can design the object however you want! Using your own creativity and the Essences, you can make crazy designs! ...I've made chairs that look like church organs, and Abu made a bed shaped like a Wii~! You can get REALLY creative with this game.

Now the thing is: You gain essences through... doing... anything, really. Read books, watch TV, play arcade games, eat food, go fishing, go digging, etc. You get different essences from different places and by doing different things. Heck, you can even get essences just by conversing with others!

This can get tedious however... as you'll spend hours not only going through hundreds of actions just to get all the Essences you want, but spend hours tinkering with your furniture.
    Thankfully, there's no time-limit. Feel free to just go around your town and enjoy the company of others. You'll need to, because if you don't: You'll feel like an overworked slave... constantly working on more and more and more furniture and buildings.

But in the end: It's VERY satisfying. Some people have built entirely themed towns with wonderful furniture~!

Be warned: It will suck away your life.

YouTube - MySims Game Review (Wii)

MySims Kingdom:

MySims Kingdom is very different from MySims. Instead of focusing on building furniture, this game focuses on building the outside world. You'll build much more houses. You'll build bridges. You'll build stairways up cliffs. Heck, I've even made pit stops with an awesome solar-powered entertainment zones for my towns.

Not only will you focus on the outside world more, but you'll actually "socialize" with the MySims more. Obviously not as deep as The Sims, but they're much more interactive here than the original MySims. It also feels a lot less lonely than MySims because of your two best friends that follow you everywhere. There's much more humor here than the previous one.

MySims and MySims Kingdom are two different games, and both are AMAZING. If you're into creativity, I HAVE to recommend these two games to you.

YouTube - MySims Kingdom Trailer 3

There's also MySims Agents... but I haven't played it yet (though I do own it)... I've heard that it got a lot of great reviews.

You don't need to bother with MySims Racing or MySims Party. MySims Racing is much like Mario Kart Wii and is only worth it if you like playing a different style of Mario Kart racing but want different items and feeling.
    And MySims Party? ...quite disappointing how inaccurate the controls get for that game.

So yeah.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm expecting my Wii to come in a few weeks ^^ I really don't have much of a clue either (other than, I know I want Wii fit, Resident Evil & Zelda from the fact that I've played those games previously). buuut that's why I asked over at AV and

got an awesome response

if you want to go through the list ^^

EDIT: lol soshi beat me to it xD but it's there if you want to go through it xD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast