+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroes Anonymous

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Heroes Anonymous

Don't ask me why... because I promise I can offer no logical explanation. But, in the past 3 weeks, I have crammed in the better portion of the existing 4 seasons of Heroes.

I don't watch much TV at all. And when I did, Heroes wasn't one of my regular programs. I hadn't seen a single episode until a few weekends ago. Then, after hangin' out with some of my guy friends for the night... One of 'em decides to start the Saturday morning of with his Heroes box set. I didn't leave until late that afternoon. And we had watched at least a 3rd, maybe even half of the first season by then.

Now, Like I said.. its been about 3 weeks, I'm on the 10th episode of season 4... and counting (I'm buffering as I type this). I FEEL like a huge dork. I'm almost ashamed of myself. I have been watching heroes excessively. I feel like I'm abusing a drug or something.

I've been making Heroes references by accident when Im trying to hold normal conversation (having nothing at all to do with Heroes). My children have even sat through some of it (shame on me). Now my oldest wants to be Sylar for Halloween. I absolutely approve too, he'd make a great Sylar.

But, whats really making me think that this is becoming a problem... Last night, I dreamed about how Hiro was going to manage traveling through time again... Without dying (due to the strain on his brain), or altering the space/time continuum; Thus changing the world for the worse!!! *Gasp! (and if you know please don't tell me)

Yes, take this journal entry as a cry for help.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Heroes Anonymous

... It's okay, we all have our guilty pleasures. And we all end up watching a show we never think we would.

... I sometimes find myself watching Spanish Soap Operas...... I can't understand a lick of it, but apparently the Devil is in every one of those Spanish Soap Operas.
    Devil's getting a lotta' publicity in those things.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a similar kind of dorkiness with that one show, The Office. . .

Soshi can tell you how many nights i stayed up watching that show instead of doing important things like homework or showering. it became a part of my daily life, and probably my subconcisous, and i would make references all the time. it has calmed down since then (at least one or two years ago) but it still holds a very special place in my heart.

and even bigger dorky-obsession-fest for me was Strong Bad. . . oh wow. that. that was good!

the creators have been on break a while now. . . nothing new since just after halloween. . . at least the calendar gives me hope!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all done now.... I can honestly say.... I have completely wasted the vast majority of February away on nothing. It went no where...

and yet... I didn't stop watching.

Oh well, other than my pride... It was a harmless addiction.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread