+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Internet or Reality

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Internet or Reality

Internet persona, hmmm.

I never used to try to fabricate anything about myself within the info I presented online. But it's exciting to know, that opposed to walking down the street and seeing each other in our sacks of flesh. Not really getting much of an idea about each other (other than what physical appearance can offer) We now have the option of surfing the web, seeing each others hobbies and interests, right along side our physical appearances. We can now learn things about each other with a glance of a screen, you can get to know someone before you ever see there physical person!

Of course I WOULD find myself taking advantage of that.

At first it was just exploiting the things I liked about myself. Showing my art, writing poetry in places I knew people would read it. And of course, I would avoid making the parts of me I was displeased with as noticeable. Even in the pictures I show.... noting that certain angles hid certain things... and others enhance them.... It all starts to feel a little calculated.

Now its to the point where I find myself using little tactics to gain attention and popularity online. ....Insanely enough.... Its working to a degree. I make the coolest online friends (or so they'd have me think). People seem to be gravitating to things I have to share.... which is pretty cool.

But what about when in it comes to someone seeing the real me? When I cant hide behind self taken photo angles. I can't just omit my faults.
    I have met someone who I found online.... its strange to see how different it is in the real world. I imagine I'm a bit of a disappointment.

Online.... it was like we were these two awesome people... who would be doing each other a disservice if we didn't spread our coolness into each others world.

But really.... we are just two people... unlikely to have crossed paths had it not been for the net. And if we had crossed paths.... we probably wouldn't have given each other a second glance. And neither of us are that cool.
    ... Not Ever Again...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Internet or Reality

yeah, but if you meet and like each other any way then it makes the relationship even better~

cuz then you will like the person, not the picture. and a person is better becuz they can look and feel and think and talk, which is so much better than a stagnant picture.

plus, if it is just an awkward mish-mash, at least you'll have a fun story to tell?

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Internet or Reality

This is/was my biggest problem with internet relationships. You never know who your really getting into things with.
    You don't know how they act in person, specifically their habits. You donno about nail biting, picking, verbal or physical ticks....
    You odn't think about things like that till your in a room with someone.
    You know what I found you never really consider at all? Smell.
    And it's a big effing problem. I LOVED Jeremiah when he came to see me. At least I felt like I did yanno? His internet persona. But when he got here he made this frog noise in his throat like a tick (Like sprouts old noise that he magically doesn't do anymore but sooo couldn't help). And he smelled wrong. Not bad...just wrong. By the end of his visit I could not STAND the way he smelled. He repelled me. When he tried to hug me I was sickened and that was before he tried to rape me!
    You can't tell peoples real faults aside from some mental or emotional ones online. And even those they have to reveal.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

+ Reply to Thread