+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saturated Goodness.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Saturated Goodness.

Raw and Fresh:
    The best way to get your produce. The best way to nourish yourself.

Ovens:
    An oven is just condensed heat.... Working by simply heating air in an enclosed space. You put something in the oven and it drys up.

Deep Fryers:
    They work by submerging foods into a heated mass of liquidy fat and\or oil. Keeps things real saturated...

Frying food is so bad for you. For me. For humanity in general. Tell me, why is it.... My poor, fat, greedy, gastric bypass victim of a stomach - Prefers - fried food. Seriously... It is as if I can actually digest the fried food ... better.

If you think about it. A McDonald Quarter Pounder w\cheese.... that will start to virtually disintegrate as soon as it gets into your mouth. The grease in one of those things, starts to digest the burger for you... I swear.

"Healthy" people like RAW food. Ya'know fibers, and vitamins. The only fats and oils a "healthy" person needs. Is... some flax seed oil. Extra virgin olive oil... So on and so forth.

Still.... despite an oven being mostly hot air. An oven is preferred, health wise, over frying food.

And, still, I crave the crap above all else. I almost BELIEVE I have somehow adapted to NEEDING it. My stomach can't digest fiber and vitamins! Well it can... but..... it's uncomfortable.

Or what if its all just a metaphor. What if, deep down... I really would love a salad. But I am just to used to life's saturated fat.

I know I should just grab a fresh carrot... But healthy is uncomfortable Now that I am used the heart burn. As long as it just slides its way through.

And, I don't need a middle ground. Who needs an oven. All it is.... is hot air.

Truth is ... This IS just a metaphor. Coincidentally, the appliances I use most would be my oven. The microwave being a close second ( hmm where does the microwave fit in to all this?) I , in fact, rarely fry food. But I admit.... I do love my saturated goodness. Fast food is my way of life.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Saturated Goodness.

Non-metaphorically:
    Raw and Fresh ISN'T ALWAYS good for you.
    Some foods eaten raw or fresh can actually poison your body.
    Our bodies have adapted to cooked food so well, that our digestion system isn't as powerful as it used to be: Not being able to kill off the bacteria in the raw/fresh food, like it used to be able to do.

It would take either an EXTREMELY SPECIFIC DIET AND EXERCISE HABIT or several generations of adaptation to allow us to revert back to our old abilities of eating most raw/fresh foods.
    But even then, there are still raw/fresh foods we humans can't eat......... yet.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

***Puts down slab of raw hamburger meat***

You mean, eating somethings raw can make you sick? lol ^^

**fits into metaphor***

And THAT is because, a feeble human simply can not take life the way nature intended life to be. We've developed too many ways to cushion the blow of life's lessons. medicating and numbing ourselves with drugs, and desensitizing "entertainment". We can not handle reality, in raw form.... why should what we eat be any different? "You are what you eat"
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Apr 09, 2009 at 07:58 PM. Reason: I made it better
    ... Not Ever Again...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice.
    I was going to turn it into a metaphor myself, but I'm not that good at wording things.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    We can not handle reality, in raw form.... why should what we eat be any different? "You are what you eat"
    indeed

+ Reply to Thread