+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ah shoot...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah shoot...

I accidentally "finished" MySims Kingdom too early...

...let's just say that I did so many sidequests, it filled up my % bar as high as it should be if I had finished all the main quests.
    I was told to go back to the original island for a special surprise.
    I thought I was just gonna' be congratulated for ranking up again and getting a special present, and then be on my way.

...I did get an awesome present, and a cute and happy ending thingy.
    Sadly, it was one of those roll-credits-while-it shows-all-the-characters-you've-met-along-the-way-endings.

Sadly, I didn't meet all the people in the game because I was too busy doing sidequests that I haven't even reached the other four islands yet! @_@

GWAAARR!!!

So I did what any sensible man (in my opinion) would do: Turn off the game halfway through the credits.
    @_@ Agh I know I shoulda' saved before that, but I didn't think it was gonna' be a huge thing! And now all that work that I did since my last save is gone! (And it was a lotta' things)

...grrr... I'm gonna' work hard to get it all back, but it's such a bummer to have to go through all that again. >_<

@____@ I'm gonna' take a break.

... ^_^ An ice cream break!

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Ah shoot...

Yeah, Ice cream will hopefully solve all of your problems.
    Dang, I hate those saving "issues". It happened to me too. In fact, that often that I started to save my game every two minutes or so, annoying all people who were watching a bit. It's especially bad with RPGs. Every encounter: save. Having talked with a person: save. Got a new item: save.
    Anyway, it works. Been a long time since I was angry because I forgot to save and had to do things twice.
    It's just good like that ... Too bad thing already have happened.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I used to do that all the time.
    But its been years since I've played an RPG or tactical RPG.
    The closest thing I've played to RPG-esque was Mass Effect - and even then, I played that a looooooooooong time ago. ...well there was Valkyria Chronicles, but I haven't played that in a while either - and I'm pretty sure I set up a "when to save schedule" and I got it down to the T.

So I've been playing RTSs, Fighters, FPSs, OTSs, and cardgame-thingy games...
    And all of them have an autosave function.

I've gotten so used to autosave that the instant I went back to playing a manual-save-dependent game, I treated saving really casually.

... ah, but the days of playing RPGs and tactical RPGs and saving like a madman... I remember saving 5x in a row because I kept forgetting if I already saved.

Newbie death2all4 is just another face in the crowd death2all4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    I accidentally "finished" MySims Kingdom too early...

...let's just say that I did so many sidequests, it filled up my % bar as high as it should be if I had finished all the main quests.
    I was told to go back to the original island for a special surprise.
    I thought I was just gonna' be congratulated for ranking up again and getting a special present, and then be on my way.

...I did get an awesome present, and a cute and happy ending thingy.
    Sadly, it was one of those roll-credits-while-it shows-all-the-characters-you've-met-along-the-way-endings.

Sadly, I didn't meet all the people in the game because I was too busy doing sidequests that I haven't even reached the other four islands yet! @_@

GWAAARR!!!

So I did what any sensible man (in my opinion) would do: Turn off the game halfway through the credits.
    @_@ Agh I know I shoulda' saved before that, but I didn't think it was gonna' be a huge thing! And now all that work that I did since my last save is gone! (And it was a lotta' things)

...grrr... I'm gonna' work hard to get it all back, but it's such a bummer to have to go through all that again. >_<

@____@ I'm gonna' take a break.

... ^_^ An ice cream break!
    Well dude all I can say is that you mite want to save the game before something happens to it.
    Never give up just keep going.............

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by death2all4 View Post
    Well dude all I can say is that you mite want to save the game before something happens to it.
    did you totally miss the point of what they were saying?

+ Reply to Thread