+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Another Tuesday

  1. #1
    Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Inbetween stuff.
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 67 Times in 55 Posts

    Another Tuesday

    Another chance to die. X_X

    Ow... PE killed me today... again...
    I should've eaten a larger breakfast, I should've drank new water...
    Due to the tiny breakfast I had today (I wasn't really hungry), I ran out of energy FAST... my muscles just fell asleep on me...
    Due to me drinking only warm days-old water bottles (sometimes I just never finish water, instead of wasting them by dumping them - and instead of being a bother to housemates by adding half-filled water bottles in the fridge - I just leave them in my room to drink later), my throat went dry quickly under the dry sun...

    Those two problems mixed with the fact that we were doing run-walk-exercise-run-walk-exercise routines after doing a 2 mile run, I just... couldn't... x__x

    ... ^^; We were supposed to do 4 laps around the field... but due to me nearly fainting, I made it LOOK LIKE I did 4... in actuality, I just did 3.

    Ah whatever, I still died anyways - so I still did "my best". Can't complain about that.

    Afterwards we did 100 sit-ups... my partner and I agreed to just do 75.

    I'm such a slacker compared to the rest of the class. o_o I can't help it, my body can't do long-distance runs... never could, but I still try.
    ....as for the sit-ups, Hell yeah I'm a slacker. No excuses about that.



    Ah, and it seems to be that time of the year again (or time of the semester), when the pro-lifers put GIGANTIC displays of abortion around campus. This time, they added an all-new "Free Speech Board", a board where you can express anything you want through writing with markers... it's to loosen the tension that usually happens during these displays.

    Funny thing was, amidst the free speech writings towards the pro-lifers (which included the silly "Why are pro-lifers nuts?"), there was also a rather impressive expression that spoke volumes throughout our generations:

    F*ck noodles!


    Ah.... college... love the people around here.




    Oh, and btw, got myself MadWorld and Spray a few days ago.
    I gotta' say, Spray's pretty good for a semi-unknown Wii game. I got it for three reasons:
    1. Cheap
    2. People used it as an example of why Jet Set Radio should be on the Wii.
    3. It was made by Tecmo.

    ...the game's pretty challenging for a "kid's game". O_o I don't know how they expect normal kids to solve some of the puzzles.

    Ah well. Haven't gotten around to playin' MadWorld yet, I'm still busy playin' Fallout3... busy tryin' to save some mercenaries at a hospital... I SOOOO got lost trying to get there.

  2. #2
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Another Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    I'm such a slacker compared to the rest of the class. o_o I can't help it, my body can't do long-distance runs... never could, but I still try.
    ....as for the sit-ups, Hell yeah I'm a slacker. No excuses about that.
    Kudos for trying man. At least on the long-distance run part.
    ... as for the sit-ups, Hell yeah you're a slacker. But everybody needs a little slacking from time to time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Oh, and btw, got myself MadWorld and Spray a few days ago.
    I gotta' say, Spray's pretty good for a semi-unknown Wii game. I got it for three reasons:
    1. Cheap
    2. People used it as an example of why Jet Set Radio should be on the Wii.
    3. It was made by Tecmo.

    ...the game's pretty challenging for a "kid's game". O_o I don't know how they expect normal kids to solve some of the puzzles.
    Once heard about Spray. Sounds like fun. If I wasn't getting Punch Out!! and maybe Klonoa this week, I might consider informing myself 'bout it.
    How the kids do it? To answer that, I simply have to watch my little brother playing some games. Trust me, even he finds walkthroughs on the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Ah well. Haven't gotten around to playin' MadWorld yet, I'm still busy playin' Fallout3... busy tryin' to save some mercenaries at a hospital... I SOOOO got lost trying to get there.
    I soo can relate on that. Dang, Fallout 3 was a nice game. Not quite as funny as I expected it, but worth the money.
    Give MadWorld a try. It's fairly entertaining actually. If you're into extreme black and white and red blood in between violence.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  3. #3
    is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mr. Foxie's Den...
    Posts
    1,695
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Another Tuesday

    ^o^ i bought you MadWorld~

    am just glad you didn't totally die in PE today (yesterday?) Babe!
    you're always a winner to me~

    *hug* you're so cute when you sleep~!!

  4. #4
    Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Inbetween stuff.
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 67 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Another Tuesday

    Once heard about Spray. Sounds like fun. If I wasn't getting Punch Out!! and maybe Klonoa this week, I might consider informing myself 'bout it.
    How the kids do it? To answer that, I simply have to watch my little brother playing some games. Trust me, even he finds walkthroughs on the internet.
    Oooh, gettin' Klonoa? I thought Klonoa was so-so when I first got it back then, but it was definitely worthy of its fandom. I'm not a big fan of most side-scrollers, so I don't expect anyone to count my opinion on them.
    I'm still gettin' Klonoa though, not sure when. I'm getting it for Abu, since she hasn't had much experience with side-scrollers/adventure-type games.


    ...and yeah, I know a lotta' kids are like that. But I'm taking other kids as example. Y'see, I know there are gamer kids out there, hell, I was one of them. And I know they can do all these things that most older gamers would be shocked about. - but what I'm talking about is: A game like Spray wouldn't attract Gamer-kids. Gamer-kids think a game like Spray's too kiddie for them.
    So the only ones attracted to the game are the casual-gamer-kids... the ones who play games but don't really know what they're doing.

    With that in mind, I'm not sure how Spray would be playable to... let's say... my little cousin. o_o My little cuz would enjoy the game, but I'm not sure if he could do much in it. I watch him play Lego Star Wars, and most times he just swings his light saber at doors until something happens.

    I soo can relate on that. Dang, Fallout 3 was a nice game. Not quite as funny as I expected it, but worth the money.
    Give MadWorld a try. It's fairly entertaining actually. If you're into extreme black and white and red blood in between violence.
    I really wanted Bioware to make Fallout 3. Don't get me wrong, Fallout 3 was worth every cent (and maybe even more) I put into it - but I just thought that if Bioware did it, it would be a lot more theatrical with much more interesting storylines.
    ...I'm surprised how well Bethesda made the game, since their previous games had... rather... sub-par graphics and movement.
    I know they made gigantic worlds and all, but why in the world were their people SO FUGLY???
    I mean Oblivion was good n' all, but sometimes the movement just seemed so stiff at times.

    ...even in Fallout 3, the main character's movement is stiff as hell. Zoom out to 3rd-person, and all of a sudden your character looked like he was doing some janked-up moon walk all over the place.
    ...unless you were crouching and moving slowly, it was best to just stay in 1st person.

    And in all honesty, I think Bethesda should stick to guns. They did wonderfully in Fallout 3! ...in Oblivion and previous Elder Scroll games: their use of sword, bow and arrow, and even magic looked and felt..... extremely sub-par.
    There was no real skill in the sword, bow and arrow felt like it could've improved a lot more, and magic was for the most part pathetic in visuals. o_o
    ...many Elder Scroll fans would have my head on a plate for saying that.

    I'll give MadWorld a try once I'm done with Fallout 3, don't want a distraction for now.
    Oh and btw, if you liked MadWorld, have you ever tried the PS2 game GodHand? AWESOME game. Same makers (no, not SEGA). A lot funnier than most games, really.

  5. #5
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Another Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Oooh, gettin' Klonoa? I thought Klonoa was so-so when I first got it back then, but it was definitely worthy of its fandom. I'm not a big fan of most side-scrollers, so I don't expect anyone to count my opinion on them.
    I'm still gettin' Klonoa though, not sure when. I'm getting it for Abu, since she hasn't had much experience with side-scrollers/adventure-type games.
    Well, I'm not sure actually. I heard it was cheap. :P So I thought I might give it a try. But actually, I'm not such a big fan of those side scrollers either.
    If it's sidescrolling 2D stuff then it has to be Contra or Metal Slug. Metal Slug coop was awesome~.


    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    ...and yeah, I know a lotta' kids are like that. But I'm taking other kids as example. Y'see, I know there are gamer kids out there, hell, I was one of them. And I know they can do all these things that most older gamers would be shocked about. - but what I'm talking about is: A game like Spray wouldn't attract Gamer-kids. Gamer-kids think a game like Spray's too kiddie for them.
    So the only ones attracted to the game are the casual-gamer-kids... the ones who play games but don't really know what they're doing.
    There might have been gamer kids out there. But honestly, I kinda lost hope that those exist nowadays. My brother, those 14 year old dudes. No idea how to play a video game. Maybe it's just those guys. But gamer kids like the one you are reffering too ... Not sure if those are still existing. The attraction of the almighty internet is just way too strong.
    Hell, my brother asks me about EVERY little thing. Seriously, he is unable to play a single game without my help. Way too lazy to search and find out new things. Or to frigging read something written in the game.
    I tend to leave the house if he starts pseudo-playing one of his RPGs. Every little quest is way too bothersome to try something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    I really wanted Bioware to make Fallout 3. Don't get me wrong, Fallout 3 was worth every cent (and maybe even more) I put into it - but I just thought that if Bioware did it, it would be a lot more theatrical with much more interesting storylines.
    ...I'm surprised how well Bethesda made the game, since their previous games had... rather... sub-par graphics and movement.
    I know they made gigantic worlds and all, but why in the world were their people SO FUGLY???
    I mean Oblivion was good n' all, but sometimes the movement just seemed so stiff at times.
    I know what you mean. And I agree. Doesn't matter who does it. But generally I don't like Bethesda that much, as all the others do. Their games simply lack ... the last atmospheric thing to make you really feel into the whole world. The games are just lacking the last bit atmosphere.
    However, I actually like Oblivion more, with all it's Add-Ons. Dunno. Must be due to the whole location. I like the setting more. And well, all those self-made spells were awesome.
    Even if the fighting really looked sucky. And the spell-fighting for that matter. But as you said, Fallout is not exactly brilliant there either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Oh and btw, if you liked MadWorld, have you ever tried the PS2 game GodHand? AWESOME game. Same makers (no, not SEGA). A lot funnier than most games, really.
    Nah, don't have a PS2. xD
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  6. #6
    Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Inbetween stuff.
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 67 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Another Tuesday

    Yeah, Oblivion was pretty coo. I just honestly wish they made the sword-fighting better.
    Hell, Japanese companies make their hacking-n-slashing stylistic... so at least it LOOKS like you're doing something different everytime.

    In all honesty, I just want a LEGITIMATE sword fighting in these type of games.
    One where skill in the sword actually mattered... it's more fun that way.
    I didn't wanna' just keep relying on magic...


    .....Way of the Samurai 1: YouTube - Way of the Samurai
    ..... and Way of the Samurai 2:YouTube - Way of samurai2 kill the three
    They had good uses of sword-on-sword play (well, melee weapon on melee weapon in general). Why not on Medieval games?
    Medieval swordsmen had skill too, it's not like it was just "hack hack hack until they drop!"....


    Oh and btw, here's some GodHand footage:
    YouTube - God hand-stage 5-5
    Awesomely fun game.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; May 20, 2009 at 03:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Another Tuesday

    Ah ... GodHand made me think of Mario Sunshine. Sweet memories.
    By the way, was that ninja dude actually picking up fruits at the beginning?! I think I'm just being tired.

    And I don't think if those kind of RPGs while ever have any decent sword fighting. :P Bethesda needs some more work there or take a look at Way of the Samurai.
    Or BioWare. Jade Empire close combat fighting was quite alright either. It looked awesome at least.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  8. #8
    Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Inbetween stuff.
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 67 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Another Tuesday

    Jade Empire LOOKED awesome... however most attacks didn't need tactics... it was a mere "which do I have enough energy for, and which are they weak to?"-tactic-thinking. No real counters or parries.

    But nontheless, Jade Empire was fun as hell as well~!


    - - - - -

    And yes indeed he was picking up fruit~! It is good for health and points~!

    Best part of the God Hand vid was at 0:54... I LOVED that move to death. But Ball-Buster's always a classic.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Shrove Tuesday!
    By Sazzy in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 06, 2008, 12:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts