+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Another Wii Rant

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Another Wii Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Not being able to shoot at a lagger is one thing, but a player being eaten by the scrolling-screen due to a lag on their screen/falling to their doom due to a glitch while jumping/dying from a late reaction to fireballs is a whole 'nother story.
    I get it, I get it!
    But Miyamoto's gonna solve this one too. Believe.
    Let's see on how online playing works out in The Conduit. Hopefully, lags won't curb the online experience ... too much.

Oh and:

Me likes.
    Last edited by lapislazuli; Jun 04, 2009 at 07:55 AM.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Not too concerned about The Conduit's online as long as they worked hard on it. MoH:Heroes 2 worked out pretty well. A bit more improvement off of that, and there's not much to complain about The Conduit online.

And yes, that Black Wii is indeed awesome. It would better match my 360 Elite and PS3 and computer... ^^; ...and my DS and PSP... and every electronic I own. (I like black-colored electronics)

Buuut, I think I'll stick to my White Wii. Matches the games it plays, in my opinion.

But here's something people would buy in a heartbeat:

People are SOOOO hoping they create that, just because they LOVED the retro GBA made years back.

Thanks

Uwa, that one looks awesome! I need it.
    But the black Wii also looks so ... noble. I might consider getting it, if it ever happens to come across the ocean. Also since my Wii already tends to do strange things. I'm not even sure if it will survive this long time.

There might not be much to complain about Conduit online, but there seem to be some other things not working out quite that well.
    To be honest, I kinda expected a score like that.

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

The Conduit is nothing special according to the FPS genre other than "Wii controls" and the obvious changing of the screen display.

For many players: It's mediocre.
    Every review I've heard from people is that it's an FPS "with nothing special about it"... but the fact that it uses Wii-controls = makes all the difference to me.

I'm tired of most FPS games... especially ONLINE FPS games.
    They're fun and exciting, but the fact is: Only the ones with the most precise thumbs/fingers with the quickest reaction wins.

With Wii controls, some people are SERIOUSLY GOING TO SCREW UP! It's going to be awesome to watch all the people having hell-on-earth problems lobbing grenades.

Good Wii controls for FPS online play = purchase from me.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    I get it, I get it!
    But Miyamoto's gonna solve this one too. Believe.
    Let's see on how online playing works out in The Conduit. Hopefully, lags won't curb the online experience ... too much.

Oh and:

Me likes.
    Oh my gosh, most beautiful. And with the other wii Soshi posted, I would buy it in a heartbeat indeed %D
    WOW! WELCOME TO THE NINTENDO SIDE, SOSHI! Even though I've always been a nintendo fan myself, since I got my hands on my very first nintendo game, Super Mario Bros back in 92'. Le sigh, what I wouldn't give to have been a early 80's baby.

Anyways, yes it is true, the wii has it's times that it comes out with the best, but doesn't every console have their up and their down games? That and nintendo did bring the most loved characters and videogames of our lives. I for one, will never ever ever be consumed by Sony or XBOX, but even though the PS3 isn't all that great. I just hope they bring us the things we love the most ... like Mario =P and by the way ... They're coming out with new games for the wii in this year and the year 2010. This year they're coming out with "New Super Mario Bros Wii" It's a sequel to the "New Super Mario Bros" for the DS. It's going to be the first Mario platform game since Super Mario world. That and we can play with 4 players, get Yoshis, and the return of the Koopalings from Super Mario Bros 3! I can't wait! This is going to be fun to play with the family <3

Also, there will be a new "Super Mario Galaxy 2" What's more awesome about this, is that they're going to bring Yoshi into play with different abilities. Eeeee!

Last, but not least, New Metroid! This is going to look so great, graphics wise! More hot Samus! <333

Here are some trailers and game play for these games.
    YouTube - E3 09: Metroid: Other M Trailer
    YouTube - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (E3 2009)
    YouTube - Super Mario Galaxy 2 Trailer E3 2009

Nintendo has been so good to me <3333

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Thanks

The Conduit is nothing special according to the FPS genre other than "Wii controls" and the obvious changing of the screen display.

For many players: It's mediocre.
    Every review I've heard from people is that it's an FPS "with nothing special about it"... but the fact that it uses Wii-controls = makes all the difference to me.

I'm tired of most FPS games... especially ONLINE FPS games.
    They're fun and exciting, but the fact is: Only the ones with the most precise thumbs/fingers with the quickest reaction wins.

With Wii controls, some people are SERIOUSLY GOING TO SCREW UP! It's going to be awesome to watch all the people having hell-on-earth problems lobbing grenades.

Good Wii controls for FPS online play = purchase from me.
    I agree. However, I'm not that sure whether I should get that one or not. I guess I will wait for some more in-depth look on the multiplayer of The Conduit and then decide if I'll buy it or not.
    There seem to be many different modes, which is good of course but I am still waiting for Grinder and see how the online coop works there. Maybe Grinder suffices after all. That is, if Grinder's will deliver a better singleplayer experience and a good online coop one. Question there is, when it's going to be released, so I guess I will purchase The Conduit after all.
    Talking about FPS on Wii makes me remember how much I miss playing one. I think I should play Metroid Prime 3 again or buy the trilogy.
    Seriously, it's impossible for me to play FPS on consoles other than Wii. It simply ... doesn't work! Controls are way too slow and unprecise. :P I think all that time playing COD5 and Metroid Prime 3 was no good in the end.
    Not that I plan on playing any FPS on PS360 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Psycho View Post

[...] They're coming out with new games for the wii in this year and the year 2010. This year they're coming out with "New Super Mario Bros Wii" It's a sequel to the "New Super Mario Bros" for the DS. It's going to be the first Mario platform game since Super Mario world. That and we can play with 4 players, get Yoshis, and the return of the Koopalings from Super Mario Bros 3! I can't wait! This is going to be fun to play with the family <3

Also, there will be a new "Super Mario Galaxy 2" What's more awesome about this, is that they're going to bring Yoshi into play with different abilities. Eeeee!

Last, but not least, New Metroid! This is going to look so great, graphics wise! More hot Samus! <333

Nintendo has been so good to me <3333
    This year and the year thereafter are going to be awesome indeed. But you forgot the announcement on Shigeru's roundtable. :P Zelda, yes plx.
    I totally need that yellow Toad by the way. He's undeniably the best!

If you want hot Samus, here's the trailer in better quality: gametrailers - Another M
    She's talking. I still can't believe it.
    Last edited by lapislazuli; Jun 06, 2009 at 01:40 PM.

E&OE;

Thanks

I'm getting the Conduit just to support High Voltage. The poor guys have been stuck making mostly minigames.
    They said it themselves that if the Conduit doesn't sell well: They're going back to minigames.

And I've gotta' support "customizing the display screen", a very cool idea indeed.

I'm pretty good with analog controls for FPSers.
    I HAD to be... after GoldenEye, there wasn't much James Bond games worth playing anymore (and the family and friends CRAVED another good James Bond game).. but then I got Agent Under Fire (PS2), and the grappling-hook + shooting just seemed like a great idea.
    ... so I practiced and practiced and practiced.
    Eventually I got so good that I could grapple from spot to spot (one side of the room to the other, to the ceiling, to the other ceiling, to the next room, to the floor, to the wall, etc) WHILE shooting with perfect control.

Though I admit the analog controls aren't as fast as most FPS games for the mouse/Wiimote, I have to defend the fact that they can still be just as precise.
    I can still spin my character around and make a perfect headshot without going into a zoom with an analog controller just as well as I could do it with a mouse/Wiimote.
    It's just the speed really... and a good number games feel rather "fake" with fast gun-pointing. I prefer slowness in some FPSers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Psycho View Post
    WELCOME TO THE NINTENDO SIDE, SOSHI!
    More like "Welcome Back". ^.^ I was hardcore-defensive towards Nintendo in the first year of the Wii-launch.
    I just came back to the Nintendo castle after exploring the other lands, searching for the meaning within the console wars.

The other consoles have their strengths, but they just can't beat the PURE FUN that the Wii offers.

^w^ Oh, and you better join the Mario Kart Wii tournament I'll be holding for AO members later this month. (I've just got to be able to afford the prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm getting the Conduit just to support High Voltage. The poor guys have been stuck making mostly minigames.
    They said it themselves that if the Conduit doesn't sell well: They're going back to minigames.

And I've gotta' support "customizing the display screen", a very cool idea indeed.

I'm pretty good with analog controls for FPSers.
    I HAD to be... after GoldenEye, there wasn't much James Bond games worth playing anymore (and the family and friends CRAVED another good James Bond game).. but then I got Agent Under Fire (PS2), and the grappling-hook + shooting just seemed like a great idea.
    ... so I practiced and practiced and practiced.
    Eventually I got so good that I could grapple from spot to spot (one side of the room to the other, to the ceiling, to the other ceiling, to the next room, to the floor, to the wall, etc) WHILE shooting with perfect control.

Though I admit the analog controls aren't as fast as most FPS games for the mouse/Wiimote, I have to defend the fact that they can still be just as precise.
    I can still spin my character around and make a perfect headshot without going into a zoom with an analog controller just as well as I could do it with a mouse/Wiimote.
    It's just the speed really... and a good number games feel rather "fake" with fast gun-pointing. I prefer slowness in some FPSers.

More like "Welcome Back". ^.^ I was hardcore-defensive towards Nintendo in the first year of the Wii-launch.
    I just came back to the Nintendo castle after exploring the other lands, searching for the meaning within the console wars.

The other consoles have their strengths, but they just can't beat the PURE FUN that the Wii offers.

^w^ Oh, and you better join the Mario Kart Wii tournament I'll be holding for AO members later this month. (I've just got to be able to afford the prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
    I WOULD SOOOOOOO JOIN THAT TOURNAMENT BIG TIME! I've been brushing up on my kart skills xD;; But sadly, no wi-fi huh ;^;

Though it seems fun to enter though, I bet the prizes would be sweet x3
    Oh yea sorry about not mentioning the new Zelda game, you know that game seems kinda awkward to me, being a train conductor xD But then again, Zelda games never disappoint me ....

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast