+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Another Wii Rant

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another Wii Rant

D: Aww, no join? Maybe next time.

If any future-entrants are reading this, the prizes are as planned:
    1st Prize: $30 Amazon Gift Card (Possibly $40)
    2nd Prize: I shall gift them 2000 points worth of WiiWare games of their choice (or mine, if you can't choose).
    3rd place Prize: A single Virtual Console game gifted by me, choose any at or below 1000pts worth.

I might change it depending on how the following days go, but that's what I plan.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    I'm getting the Conduit just to support High Voltage. The poor guys have been stuck making mostly minigames.
    They said it themselves that if the Conduit doesn't sell well: They're going back to minigames.

And I've gotta' support "customizing the display screen", a very cool idea indeed.

I'm pretty good with analog controls for FPSers.
    I HAD to be... after GoldenEye, there wasn't much James Bond games worth playing anymore (and the family and friends CRAVED another good James Bond game).. but then I got Agent Under Fire (PS2), and the grappling-hook + shooting just seemed like a great idea.
    ... so I practiced and practiced and practiced.
    Eventually I got so good that I could grapple from spot to spot (one side of the room to the other, to the ceiling, to the other ceiling, to the next room, to the floor, to the wall, etc) WHILE shooting with perfect control.

Though I admit the analog controls aren't as fast as most FPS games for the mouse/Wiimote, I have to defend the fact that they can still be just as precise.
    I can still spin my character around and make a perfect headshot without going into a zoom with an analog controller just as well as I could do it with a mouse/Wiimote.
    It's just the speed really... and a good number games feel rather "fake" with fast gun-pointing. I prefer slowness in some FPSers.
    You are right about supporting them. But just so that they keep on developing games for Wii.
    It seems to be a common misconception that High Voltage Software just made a few mini games just recently. Actually, the company was established in 1993 and it now employs approximately 130 persons. So it's quite a "big" company, already having pubslihed about 50 games.
    Anyway, if those Wii games they developed are going to be a success, they are hopefully going to stick developing Wii games.

On the control part. I agree I may have been exaggerating things a little. I know that analog controls are precise as well. But I really have to admit that after that long abstinence, it doesn't feel right to me anymore and it's really hard for me to get into it again. Don't get me wrong, I am really proud of my old Halo and Halo 2 days ... Give me the right weapons, and I beat 3 people alone. Good ol' times. Anyway, after just playing Wii or PC for a long time now, I'm really bad at analog controls. I couldn't do it without a fair amount of practice any longer. That's it.

Mario Kart tournament sounds fun by the way! I have the game ... I think. However, not only am I playing Wii or PC really rarely lately but Mario Kart is also by far not my first choice of games I would want to play. Hence, I am quite bad at it. Played it only a few times, to be honest.
    The prizes sound good enough though. D:
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I suck at Mario Kart Wii.
    I must have one of the worst lucks in gaming history.

For example:
    During an worldwide online race, I finally was able to reach 1st place in the first time EVER in an worldwide online match... at this point, I'm edgy, dodging item blocks if it means I can stay ahead of everyone else... luckily, I run into an item block that won't slow me down, it gives me a star. Hurrah Hooray. EXACTLY WHEN MY STAR RUNS OUT, a blue shell hits me. I fall on the ground and someone with a supershroom rams me aside. I get hit with a green shell. I inch a few crawls forward, and I'm suddenly hit with a red shell. Right when I recover, another red shell hits me. 3 people pass me. A person with a star decides to ram me despite the fact that I'm already down and out of the way. Another person rams me forward, making me fall off a curve and into a cliff. I fall. I come back. And I'm hit with a red shell, a green shell, and someone places a banana in front of me.

I end up in last place............... again.

Mario Kart Wii destroys my soul everytime. I always feel like crying due to how awful my luck gets in that game.
    For that reason, I hardly ever play it.
    But I can't deny the fact that not only does it have amazing online-connection: It's also damn fun.

For that, I still insist you join.

Been playin' deBlob lately. MAN is that game good. Doesn't pique everyone's interests though, but still a darn good game. Never knew painting buildings would be that fun.

Thanks

Oh f***ing hell!!! How didn't I notice this before?!! :
    YouTube - Wii Sports Resort @ E3 - Sword Fighting survival mode

That looks awesomely fun. I hope they can rack up the difficulty~!

What would even be more awesome is if they had a 2p mode, where you both move towards the center of the bridge (from opposite sides), fighting cronies, but the final boss you have to face is each other~!
    ....... ^^; Of course, that obviously won't be in there, so don't get your hopes up.
    I was just saying that so I could get it off my chest.

Oh and Edit:
    The JP site is up~! :
    Wii Sports Resort

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    I suck at Mario Kart Wii.
    I must have one of the worst lucks in gaming history.

For example:
    During an worldwide online race, I finally was able to reach 1st place in the first time EVER in an worldwide online match... at this point, I'm edgy, dodging item blocks if it means I can stay ahead of everyone else... luckily, I run into an item block that won't slow me down, it gives me a star. Hurrah Hooray. EXACTLY WHEN MY STAR RUNS OUT, a blue shell hits me. I fall on the ground and someone with a supershroom rams me aside. I get hit with a green shell. I inch a few crawls forward, and I'm suddenly hit with a red shell. Right when I recover, another red shell hits me. 3 people pass me. A person with a star decides to ram me despite the fact that I'm already down and out of the way. Another person rams me forward, making me fall off a curve and into a cliff. I fall. I come back. And I'm hit with a red shell, a green shell, and someone places a banana in front of me.

I end up in last place............... again.

Mario Kart Wii destroys my soul everytime. I always feel like crying due to how awful my luck gets in that game.
    For that reason, I hardly ever play it.
    But I can't deny the fact that not only does it have amazing online-connection: It's also damn fun.

For that, I still insist you join.

Been playin' deBlob lately. MAN is that game good. Doesn't pique everyone's interests though, but still a darn good game. Never knew painting buildings would be that fun.
    Makes me remember why I stopped playing Mario Kart Wii. There's a limit to unfairness. Best way to win: Stay behind for most of the race, wait till you get a good item which won't take long if you are one of the last and then simply use them just before the race is over.
    If you try it differently and make first place, you end up being last soon enough. Then you can just hope you aren't behind too far and you get a nice item so you can do what you had to endure previoulsy and that fast so you are still able to win the race.
    It's not really 'bout luck ... You simply won't get any items when first-ranked. Sometimes I wish for a completely random item system so that the first has the same chances of getting a star than the last one for instance. So that this whole thing depends more on your own skill again.
    And then simply weaken the effect of the items depending on which rank you are, or whatever.

But other than that, it IS quite funny at the begining, and the connection is alright as well.
    So depending on when that little tournament of you's is, I might join!

@ video: looks really interesting. It actually makes me kinda want to play with the WiiMotionPlus NOW!
    And I think there is a 2 player mode included ... alas, not in that mode.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Thanks

Yeah, from the looks of the site, there are two two-player modes.
    I'm guessing one's a simultaneous, while the other is taking turns.
    I doubt that the bridge-mode'll have simultaneous two-player.

..........or rather, I'm doubting it heavily so I don't get my hopes up.

Yeah, I know about the item-thing in Mario Kart Wii.
    Problem is: I still can't get to first even if I stay in the back.
    If I stay in the back, I end up even further away from everyone else. ...even when I get items, it's always one thing or the other...

Example:
    I remember getting a bullet while I was in 10th place. It shot me up to 8th place... right where a green shell was passing through. It hit me, and I was shot off the course from a guy with a star.
    I got back to 10th, found a supershroom and started speeding ahead... I got bumped to my right, running into a corner... while trying to get out of the corner, I ended up back in 12th.
    I got myself a bullet, and right after - a star. Even then, I only got into 11th... right next to the person in 12th.
    They tried hitting me with a red shell, but a well placed banana saved me... except for the fact that the red shell probably would've saved me from the missed sharp turn to my doom...

If you still doubt it, I have a million other stories to share with you. ... ...... Abu's seen it, she can attest to it.

... trust me, in games, I have awful luck (at least in multiplayer games). Even in recent Nintendo games where "unfairness" in items reign supreme: all it does is make my luck more apparent.
    ... if I recorded even 1/4th of my experiences in MGO, you'd realize how stupid I look.

^^; That's why I stick to games that rely mostly on skill. Not because it's more fun: But because I have a better chance on winning.

Watch me play MGO, Halo, LBP online, and etc and you can see it.
    Watch me play Dokapon Kingdom, Mario Party, Mario Kart Wii, and etc: AND IT'S REALLY OBVIOUS. ^^;
    ............seriously: NEVER play Dokapon Kingdom with me. You might as well just click "I WIN", it'll save us the time wasted.

I know how people claim MKWii's unfair, but I don't see it as unfair as MK-DS. ...MK-DS may not have had the item-percentages, but it definitely made it IMPOSSIBLE for so-so players to beat pro-players.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

it's true... whenever we play online mode....

there was one time... he was way up in front, and then items just kept hitting him... like they were falling from the sky...
    AND THEN he'd fall off the track...

it's unreal

Thanks

If you want to get an idea of what my luck was like in MKWii, here's a video who seems to have the same luck as me:

YouTube - Mario Kart Wii: Epic Moments II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast