+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Another Wii Rant

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another Wii Rant

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    Is it really like that? I think it's still more of a myth. Although I've never played Dr. Mario online agains Japanese people. I've never actually played Dr. Mario, come to think of it.
    It IS a myth.
    A lotta' people believe that since they have more people good at doing monotonous things (It's no myth that more of their population is much more studious than most countries), that they're better at hand-eye coordination - making them better at games.

However, the only time they've ever proven that, was their ability to be better at most hand-eye rhythm arcade games... most rhythm arcade games didn't go worldwide due to their difficulty settings being rather...... extreme.

What ISN'T a myth though, is that Koreans are superior gamers.
    Many people think that certain parts of Japan or certain parts of the US are superior in gaming, but that's just because of the misconception that "where game developers are located = where people are good at games". ...however, no one's a greater gaming nation than S. Korea it seems... I've seen gaming conventions from around the world, and I've seen tournaments. But hardly do I ever see PARADES for games. O_o ...except in Korea.

...Koreans ARE exceptional gamers.
    I'm not exactly sure why that is. It just seems that there's no barrier to what a gamer is over there, while the US seems prejudice against certain gamers and Japan's just got an excessive amount of developers. ...S Korean's on the other hand seem to play more games rather than developing them, while having no barrier between the classes of gamers.

*shrugs* That's my guess anyway. :/

Japan-fans just make the Japanese seem superior in everything... they're not.
    I can still take 'em out with a green shell as easily as I could as anyone else.

O_o However... beating them at Puzzle and Rhythm games? ...ehhh... I'll leave that for someone else to handle.

I just like playing other countries because they just don't seem as rude as most American players.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i like playing with people from around the world becuz they seem nice, and it's very futuristic!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I prefer players from outside the US than I do from inside the US. o_o
    .......... Germany, mainly. O_o

Now the question is why isn't there more games that do worldwide connection?
    Don't make sense to me to make it country-exclusive (except for connectivity-problem's sake)...

Thanks

(just me ranting)

I don't see why people use Red Steel 2 as an example of how the Wii can't go 1:1...

Let me break it down for you:
    Let's say you were to do a hard slash. If your hard slash didn't go through their armor, it would obviously bounce off.
    Did your actual real arm - when you swung - bounce off?
    No? Hmmm, so what would the character in the game do if it was 1:1 all the way through?

Let me make it clear: If you were to swing fast and hard and the controller had to be 1:1 AT ALL TIMES, and if the sword were to bounce off of the enemy's armor - your character, trying to follow your entire 1:1 movement, would either follow your moves completely and the opponent will just bounce backwards = allowing your sword movement be truly 1:1, but sacrificing the feel of the battle due to the opponent making a rather awkward reaction to your sword attack ---- OR your character's sword would bounce off the armor, but tries to readjust to your sword position afterwards immediately, not only adding tons of information on the game itself which could result in several hundreds of bugs (maybe thousands) - but also making your character make some form of awkward movement that just makes the entire thing look ridiculous.
    And to top it all off, due to the enemies being on the screen, you don't have true depth perception. And since you don't have true depth perception, a true 1:1 would actually make you WORSE at fighting. As you'll misjudge a swing or a stab and probably get yourself killed more often than not. Yes I understand that you can eventually adjust to it, but can you adjust to all the things that'll happen? Such as new skills and bosses? Maybe you can, but for the major populace-- that'll be not only frustrating but awkward most times.

In a fashion, Red Steel 2 isn't true 1:1 when it comes to quick sword fighting, but when it comes to slow movements of course it is... however, if it were true 1:1 in quick sword fighting, it wouldn't be fun anymore - it'd be tedious like Kengo is. And everyone knows that Kengo never sold well in the States.

The non-true 1:1 experience in sword battles for Red Steel 2 actually makes it not only easier for you, but more fun and exciting... as everyone knows you're probably not good with a sword anyways despite how much you practice with that wooden one in your backyard (or how much you disgrace your internet-bought one in your front yard).

In the end: It's a damn game. If it became any truer to life, you wouldn't really be having fun if it couldn't read your footsteps and the amount of things in your pocket.
    ........... everyone thinks Natal's the future of gaming, yet it's only a minor step towards it... the Wiimote actually makes motion control still fun and a game, Natal's just a starting accessory for future gaming technologies (you may laugh at me now, but once you enter the future of gaming, you'll wonder how in the world people played with such a flawed control like Natal, and how people refused to enjoy the simplicity of an actual working controller like the Wiimote. ). Oh, and btw, I hardly think the Wiimote is better than Natal in technology. I think it's better in use. Natal's just an advanced version of the Eyetoy, an extremely advanced version. And we all know that not everyone's demanding an FPS for the EyeToy for a good reason.
    Natal's only a piece of the technology it needs to be a part of. The Wiimote+Nunchuk is the complete set. It doesn't need anything else. But the Natal does. It's like selling ice cream without a spoon or bowl... you can eat it out of the bucket with your hands, and it'll still be good -- but very inconvenient. Keep an eye on Natal people, it'll be something in the future - but nothing anytime soon.

- - - - - -
    A game you SHOULD use to make fun of 1:1 is Grand Slam Tennis.
    You should see the video for the WiiMotion Plus on any video site you can find it (Nintendo Channel has it for US residents).

The guy on the vid's such BS, it's completely laughable.
    "True... 1:1... technology" (the man swings, the character takes about a second to react...)

"Just look how... it's reacting... to my every... twist..." (character is barely reacting, choppy and blocky tennis racket movement)

Not to mention how many times the camera switches angles to avoid complete humiliation of how non-1:1 it is.
    "You see? When I bend down... my character does... the same..." (no video footage of the character doing the same)

However, the controls are more accurate than WiiSports' Tennis, so we can commend them for that. But it REALLY REALLY isn't 1:1.

- - - -- - - - -

Now seriously, when is a game going to incorporate a WiiMotion+ +Nunchuk +WiiBalanceBoard?
    I know it's peripheral overkill, but a game using all three at once would beat any game the Natal can bring out.
    (WiiMotion to sense your dominant hand movements. Nunchuk for character movement, and the Balance Board can read the slightest tilt of your body - being able to bend over or to lean)

Add that new pulse-sensing thingy majiggy Nintendo's also adding, and you'll also have the ability to have the AI's react to your emotions!

A man can dream
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Jun 15, 2009 at 03:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5