+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Been A While

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Been A While

Been busy helping out my SG in Champions Online with their forum.
    Set up the rules and forum sections.
    Finally getting some people going around in it. *happy*

I also finished that Ravenor Omnibus book by Dan Abnett. Love Dan Abnett's books~!

Also been hecka' busy with Dragon Age Origins.
    Awesome as hell, obviously.

I'm a city elf rogue that OWNS in negotiating and lock-picking (my trap and poison skills are getting there).
    I'm an Assassin so far, will probably choose Ranger as my 2nd choice.
    Hard mode for me - I wanted there to be friendly fire, but I didn't want it to be too difficult.

Playstyle-
    • Exploring style: Explore every crevice. If I run out of room in my bag, I usually go to my camp and sell them there (have yet to do the mission to get the storage that I got from the DLC) then go back to make sure I get EVERYTHING.
    • Story-wise: Good guy. I've donated so much to everyone I stayed poor for a darn loooong time.
    • Team-wise: I usually prefer Morrigan, Alistair, and Wynne. It's a typical RPG setup-- Thief, Black Mage, Warrior, White Mage.
    • Typical Battle Style: I keep my team back and set them up in ambush positions. I set up traps along the way and sneak up to the enemy. I drop a few bombs in their direction and backstab and stun the strongest. I then make them chase me to the ambush spot, while they fall for every trap along the way that reduces their numbers.
    • Ambushed Battle Style: I back up whoever's the strongest in my team by stunning and backstabbing who they're fighting. If it's a lot of enemies, I backstab a lot of enemies and make them chase me in circles until my team can handle another one of them.
    • Boss Battle Style: I stun and expose weakpoints on the boss and backstab and retreat a lot. I usually switch to Wynne to make sure she's giving the correct support that her tactics can't handle. I start using my poisons to bring down the boss at this point. I often try to do suicidal runs with my warriors in my team so that only Wynne survives, so that she can revive all of them at once.
    • Team Tactics: Wynne is support- paralyzing dangerous enemies while healing and buffing the rest of the team. Morrigan is my black mage and side-support, she heals as well, but mostly brings down enemies with viral bombs and freezing them. Alistair's my all-around fighter, not the most defensive nor the strongest of my all of my group, but he's tactic-made to defend Wynne and is one of the most adaptable character on the field - - he's also my mage-killer and love him to death for it.
    • Other Team Tactics: My other two teammates I switch with are Shale and Oghren. Shale's my ultimate defense, "he" () hits hard and smacks enemies away like flies - and if "his" () HP goes below 50% "he" () turns on "his" () stand-still defense power thingy -- which makes "him" () quite tough and gets enemies off our backs (long enough for us to take out stragglers and pick them off one by one). Oghren is a surprise to me. I thought his all-strength and barely any defense made him a liability, but it actually pays off once you pump up his two-handed sword skills to the max. He's my "dragon-slayer", he has easily bested the largest of beasts with his amazingly powerful strikes, and more than once have I been in awe as he struck down his enemies in one blow and going after the next.

So yeah... there's that. I do love that game. I think I'll be a human mage on my next game? Or perhaps an elf again?

Played the game yet? Who's your favorite character?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Been A While

i'm a Black casteless Dwarf. wanted to be bald too, thought it looked very strong, but Darling thought it looked weird~

have been enjoying the game so far, but it leaves me with an undecided feeling. i want to start over. i want to be bald. i want to be a Dalish Elf. i want to be better at persuading to get to the good bits of the story.

that would be a really weird string of sentences to say randomly during a conversation.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

You can restart, but not as a Dalish Elf... Or as any other race. I don't want you to spoil me on more than one front.
    I like seeing the story you're on right now. You pick another character and it's going to be a total spoil-tease.

... and actually, that would piss me off. Just sayin'.

You can pick a difference race once you finish that one.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

\( ^o^)/ YAY! ABU CAN BE BALD! ! !

Thanks

You have yet to say who's your favorite character. I know you're still early-on in your game. But you actually watched me play my game long enough to know who's who.

My favorite character so far (SO FAR)?
    Well... I think I like Morrigan. She's such a b****, but quite funny. I love pairing her up with Alistair to hear them bicker back and forth. I also think she's sweet (in those few moments she is).

Alistair's my 2nd favorite mostly because he feels like a good friend, y'know what I mean?

3rd favorite? .....hmmmm......Zevran? Wynne? Shale?
    One of them. Possibly even Flemeth (Morrigan's mother).
    • Zevran is so charming to me. If I were "y'know" I'd totally be all over him. For now, I'm just a fanboy. I can never hate his type of character.
    • Wynne is very nice, a kind and helpful voice in all the chaos that happens in the game's story. Very grandmotherly, but still with a hint of still being a woman.
    • Shale's... adorable once you get used to all of it and once you find out more about "him" ().
    • And Flemeth? Total b****, especially when you find out more about her. But she's totally interesting and a darn good sharp tongue.

Thanks

favorite character?

the Doggie. cuz he's a doggie, and he's ugly, and he's cute, and he's nice, and everyone loves him. Everyone. he is just the best, and if he dies in the story, i'm going to bawl my eyes out. . .

as for the bipedal characters, i'd say. . . Shale? has a good heart when ya get down to it, just feels like it's been a while since "he's" () remembered~ And i think the. . . the really tall guy that doesn't like you, i think he's a good Piccolo-type character! and Wynne is cool cuz she's a Gwandmaw and she won't admit it~ and of course Morrigan is like Jenn, so it's always fun when she's around!

Thanks

You mean Sten?

Oh yeah... now that you mention it, he DOES make a good Piccolo-type character.

...he scares me.

I'm glad he's starting to like me, but he frightens the heck outta' me when he's dead serious. ...I'm non-confrontational, so his "No." answers make me back away like a pathetic coward.

Thanks

Aw! poor baby!

at least he doesn't make fun of you, i think that would make it worse. becuz there's nothing worse than Piccolo making fun of you. becuz he has to brake that very staunch attitude he has and break it just a little so he can make a fool of you. now THAT would suck.

i wonder how tall a Dwarf is to him? like maybe the knee caps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast