+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Bite-Size

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bite-Size

I don't have enough money for all the games coming up.

Bioshock 2 is needed as well as Heavy Rain and FFXIII. Looks like I'm gonna have to break out the plastic for these games.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah right, I remember!

Why is it that when one becomes inspired by a rousing speech, they must follow and preach the extreme version of it?
    Why must one follow an extreme right, left, north or south?

I suppose it's because moderation and mediocrity isn't that appealing. And yet, without moderation, one is blind to a color of truth in life. Lest you forget: Moderation is like a fence which keeps you from swimming in the sea, but allows you to see the beauty of it - and though it may keep you from it, it also allows you to see the beauty of the mountains, but prevents you from climbing it.
    A man may say they have lived by swimming the seas and climbing the mountains, but many of those men die from dissatisfaction within the self, within the heart, within the soul, within their home.

Moderation is a restriction that calms down the wild spirit, to not only keep it safe, but to make it open its eyes and truly see what is around them.

Life is not just hatred, is not just sadness, is not just happiness, is not just love.
    Life is not just goals, is not just satisfaction, is not just dead-ends, is not just disappointment.
    Life is not just nothingness, is not just everything, is not just anything.
    Life is all these things.

And if you are swept away by just a single emotion, by just a single feeling, you will be blind to the truth of all the others.
    Life is wondrous and magical and logical and scientific.
    And moderation keeps your young and hyperactive soul from reaching out to swings that never allow you to return to where you started.

Am I saying one must never live a life of extremities? Am I saying that one must never break through the fence and swims out in the adventurous oceans or climb the tallest mountains or run through the giant forests?
    Am I saying that one must never build the sturdiest of forts or organize the items into perfection or create an order amongst a chaotic pile of notes or strategize their next movement within a clockwork of rules?

No.

I am saying that one must stand in moderation and understand the beauty, the strength, the weakness, the frailty, the ugliness, the order, the chaos, the infinity, and the mortality of all the things around them and inside them - before they lose themselves to one side forever.

How can one respect the sturdy mountain they climb without respect for their own flimsy frailty?
    How can one create an order of notes without hearing the beautiful symphony?

How can one plan their next step without feeling the magical fear one gets from knowing that nothing is 100%?
    How can one make a brash decision without seeing the ingenious collection of domino effects that will come from that one single movement?

If you lose yourself to one side and naught the respect for all the other sides, you can never truly appreciate the ground you stand on, the walls you lean on, and the sky you reach out to.

Moderation is not a prison, it is a restraint that you can escape from easily once you know where you stand and where you go.

The less you know within moderation, the harder and more dramatic your change will be. And most times, you can never go back, and you'll be forever blind to what you broke away from. You'll never know why they were like that... and you'll never see how you'll end up just like them.

If you cannot understand how one thinks... you are already part of an extreme that cannot understand another extreme. You are blind, just as they are. You are just as sheepish as you claim they are. You only see yourself in the mirror just like they do.

What I appreciate most from moderation... is I know where my home is, and I find comfort there. The whole world is an adventure, and it is here I rest.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Now that I think about it, that's not really a Bite Size comment...

@Sazuka:
    I don't even have the money to catch up on the games I haven't gotten yet!
    ...and my credit card's already dead.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

♪ reads Soshi's little speech ♪
    ( ^o^)/ yay Darling~

Thanks

I like the DSi's little changing photo thingy on the top screen.
    I like how every time I go into the menu I see an old picture I took.

Usually it's of Abu. And usually unflattering.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

HEY

did you know there's a character limit for the profile messages?

Thanks

It's raining hard where I live...

...I wish I could go out... I love going out to the mall and such in this weather.

...but I've got no monies...

...no monies, no going outties.

No free sruff around here.
    Except for the park... but I don't want wet pants.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

did you know there's a character limit for the profile messages?
    I just mentioned my displeasure in that to hassun. He said he'd mention it to other staff, and perhaps veteran members could have a decreased character limit..

I say... rally with me.... and bring it to the staff.
    Ooorr, maybe I should just use it as an excuse to hit up AV more often.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 ... LastLast