+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Bite-Size

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bite-Size

"This one doesn't have time for your solid waste excretions" - Blasto, The First Hanar Spectre

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Tatsunoko VS Capcom, MySims Agents, Mass Effect 2, and a whole buncha' DSiWare games.

That's what's on my plate of gaming.

TvC = Awesomeness. Maybe a bit simpler to use than other fighting games, but that doesn't take away the skill needed to win a fight. "Just because the gun doesn't jam, doesn't mean it can't shoot." Viewtiful Joe & Ryu seems to be my most balanced team.

MySims Agents = Adorable. An extremely elementary detective-style game. It gets a bit tough if you try to over-deduce (like I do... I often find myself running in circles on the opposite side of town). The best part of the game is getting a team together, assigning them missions, then trying to help them with their missions. But obviously, you won't like this if you don't like the characters in MySims/MySims Kingdom (less about customization, more about characters).

Mass Effect 2 = SciFi Goodness. I never watched any videos or reviews or news about ME2, mostly to make it much more awesome once I started playing it. Just like Shepherd, it really did feel like 2 years of being dead once I started playing... not being used to the controls, how to play, etc... it's awesomeness. Right now I'm just traveling back and forth throughout the galaxy before the final battle. Going after Tali (as it seems everyone is) - but this time, it's BECAUSE I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GET WITH HER SINCE ME1. I've always liked Tali.

DSiWare = Handheld goodness~! People underestimate the DSiWare, or more really: People aren't interested in the genre of games on DSiWare, but that doesn't mean the games aren't good. You people need to open your taste in games, only then you'd realize how good these games are.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes when I play games, I lose myself in it and most of my consciousness goes into the game. Feeling the emotions, feeling the ambiance, feeling the thrill, the fear, the regret...

Then an Achievement comes up and I lose that grip.

I like Achievements and all, as they are cute little treats for gamers, but seriously, you gotta' give me an achievement after a partner of mine dies?

Thanks

Just beat Mass Effect 2.

click to show spoiler

Whew... that was quite an adventure.

Thanks

...and now I'm back into MySims Agents.
    Just saved the galaxy, now time to save the city from adorably simple problems.

Thanks

Bleep Bloop

Thanks

Beat ME2, MySims: Agents... what next to beat?
    Probably beat ME2 again.

Then what? Probably get all the characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom...
    ...maybe play Brigandine again.

...mmmmm... Brigandine goodness...

Thanks

Awwwww, I was watching some old vids of old fighting games....
    Fighting games these days are pretty cool, but they just don't have the same feel anymore.
    Feels more "mainstream" nowadays, I suppose to encourage non-hardcore-fighting-gamers to pick it up and play.

Ah, Fatal Fury, Final Fight, Samurai Showdown, and King of Fighters. The other half of fighting games that was semi-ignored within the states, yet had a strong fandom with tons of great fighting-game-pros.

While that was going on, Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter Alpha, and Darkstalkers was pretty darn popular on the other side of the fighting spectrum.

...of course, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instincts, and Virtua Fighter were on the other other side of the fighting spectrum. Each satisfying their own crowds.

...then once the crossover fighting games appeared, the fighting genre kinda' changed. I'm not sure if it was the crossover's faults or if it was neo geo's depressing downhill slide or if it was just the culture of people.

Mind you, I didn't like the uber-cocky fighting-game-freaks, but the rest of the fighting-game culture was amazing.

Things DEFINITELY changed once Tekken and Soul Calibur appeared.
    Guilty Gear was a new one, but different. I can't really blame it for anything. It was... different.
    I'm not too sure about Street Fighter III though, I didn't get into that.

But yeah, Tekken and Soul Calibur just changed what people wanted in fighting games... and... *sigh* It kinda' started sucking after them.
    Virtua Fighter kept it going on strong. Keeping a strong purist-fighting-gamers fandom rallying by its side. The Virtua Fighter 4 tournaments were intense.

...I wonder how the BlazBlue Fandom is...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 ... LastLast