+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Bite-Size

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bite-Size

Western games and Japanese games.

It seems those who prefer western games prefer game-storylines. Where plot "scenes" happen as you play.

And it seems those who prefer Japanese games prefer cut-scenes. Where the plot happens in a movie scene.

On one end, you get a real-time story where you DO the awesome stuff you'd normally just watch in a cut-scene. However, if not implemented correctly, it could seem cheap and robotic. The game doesn't react to all your movements, so you could be far ahead and T-bagging a dead body in the next room while the person's still talking (and now is too far to hear). ...doesn't exactly immerse you into the game.

On the other end, you get a fantastic cut-scene where you see awesome action and are SHOVED INTO the immersion of the game. However, you will more than often see the characters do things you couldn't do while playing the actual game, and accidentally pressing a single button might make you miss the coolest movie you'd have ever seen. And though it forces you into the immersion of the game's movie-style story, you're basically just WATCHING something (not touching the controller) and at that point you'd be more satisfied with an awesome DVD with (beautiful) minigames inbetween each segment.

...so does this mean Western-game-lovers are people of ACTION?
    ...does this mean Japanese-game-lovers are people of STYLE?

Somewhat.
    Western films haven't had great lighting effects in a looooong time, but a lot more action scenes. They're getting a bit better at the "reason why that thing (exploded, got punched, got thrown off the plane, etc)", and they're definitely masters of timing.
    However Japanese films are......... well......... actually I wouldn't know, I haven't seen a Japanese film for a while now. Been mostly watching Hong Kong.

...well, their animes are definitely about style. However, most of their designs hardly seem logical, going above and beyond realistic situations to the point where the impossible is attained and the audience is sucked into an amazing reality. ...making uber-fans who watch it daily lose themselves in that reality and find themselves awkward once they come back to the real world.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes I forget that there were Mega Man X storyline lovers.
    ...stuff about Mavericks and other such.

Sometimes Mega Man X storyline lovers tend to forget that the original Mega Man had absolutely ZERO plot (you know: crazy partner scientist wants to take over the world, and loses AGAIN).

They complain how the Mega Man series is being run into the ground with Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10. Yet the odd thing is: The fans who kept the Mega Man series ALIVE until X came along: Are quite happy with the two games. So how can a franchise be run into the ground if it's pleasing it's original audience?

That's right: It's not.

Mega Man original lovers loved the crazy killer stages (more likely to kill you than any enemy boss) and cartoonishly ridiculous themed bosses (unlike the X series, where they try to make them a bit "cooler"... kinda' like trying to put a backwards baseball cap on a famous cartoon character in the 90s). They didn't really care that Dr. Wily broke out again and had sent out 8 Master Robots AGAIN. And they don't really care what happened inbetween Mega Man and Mega Man X. Because Mega Man original fans didn't actually like Mega Man X.

So suck it. Go back to your fan fics!

.... nah, I liked Mega Man X, too. I just think you guys are overreacting.

Thanks

Anti-Wii Fanboys remind me a whole lot like crazy atheists:

You somewhat speak the truth, but not only are you as bad as the extreme believers you're against, but you're also starting to add illogical bs into your arguments just to push the thing you're against into the dirt. You're just as blind and manipulative as your opposing extremist faithfuls.

Thanks

Darnit... Fable 3 news is everywhere... must... not... read... any...

It doesn't feel as if it's time to get hyped yet! Just two more months! TWO MORE MONTHS and it'll be close enough to hype! It's too far away! IT'S TOO FAR AWAY!!!

.......... I might just start reading about it later on tonight..... Darn Peter M. always getting me hooked to his crazy ideas that never turn out exactly as he said it!

...I think he needs a more dedicated team though. A fusion of Clover-type and Bioware-type team members would suit him amazingly.

Thanks

2 days of sore muscles, finally done!

V-day was fun, but the whole walking/hiking (a lotta' uphills) around for 2-3 hours at the zoo then waiting in Pink's line for an hour n' somethin' REALLY killed my legs since I haven't been exercising.

Still fun, though. Glad I got to introduce Abu to Pink's finally.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

( ^o^)/ you're my favorite old man, Sweetie~

Thanks

Well it seems that my computer's been attacked by a Trojan virus. I fought back, but only temporarily.

I really should update my virus protection...

...I'M FRIGGIN' TYPING ON MY COMPUTER NOW! TAKE THAT, VIRUS!!!

...in other news: I've made 3 stages in LBP, all pretty well-worked on.

In other other news: I haven't had much sleep lately. It may have something to do with LBP. Maybe.

Thanks

I surely wish 3rd party devs would try a bit harder on other the Wii. Some of them are moving to the PS3/360 due to low sales.
    ...in all honesty, some of them had a great chance to succeed as their games came out during a time when "hardcore gamers" were still looking around Wii shelves (1-2 years after the Wii's release), the problem was they did sub-par work on the games... and it's obvious (look at the best games on the Gamecube, the Wii should at LEAST be able to do that + more content).

But now here they are running off to a different console and are actually going to try a bit more... while the ones who've been loyal to developing solely on the Wii are strangely starting to get more benefits (Nintendo seems to be giving them more freedom to do what they wish -- which was the opposite a number of years ago).

In other news: I gotta' get MAG. ...too many players playing that they won't care if I suck once in a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 ... LastLast