+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bite-Size

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Bite-Size

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    >_> In other news, I wish I had money right now. Reeeaaally wanna' get that Swords game on WiiWare right now.
    You gotta make second place in your own tournament then. I'm okay with being first by the way, so no problem there.
    It's a good game, I already played it for a short time. Well, I just got to try the Versus mode, but that was quite the fun experience already and gave me a fair idea about the whole game. :P
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Got it today. Got myself a card since I couldn't find either of the games I was planning to buy at the store today.
    I'll save the other 1000pts for the 3rd place prize.

Anywho: Though a bit adorable in many manners, the game's pretty good. A darn good purchase. Now all I have to do is convince Abu to play with me.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

GOSH DARN 9TH LEVEL IN THE AZTEC CAMPAIGN!!!

The friggin' Chinese just come in gigantic numbers everytime I get too close to their base... and then it's a SLOOOOOOOWWWWW defeat as they SLOOOOOOWWWWLLLYYY push me back, inch by inch.
    I have no idea how to topple them!
    I know I can use the boulder. But everytime I do that, I friggin' suck at it! I always kill off either my most important characters on the field, or end up killing my gold finders! Either way, I get screwed everytime I use that boulder.

*sigh*

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I beat my friend last night on Kanes Wrath. It was a 2 vs. 2. I was playing as GDI while my friend Nick was playing as Reaper 17 against my other friend Mark who was playing as NOD and his brother Vlad who was playing as Traveler 59.

It was a very intense match. As soon as Nick and I got our Barracks up we each trained 3 infantry units to quickly scout the other team’s bases. My rifles squad ran into Marks NOD militia squad which my rifles squad came out the victor (YAY) and I resumed scouting despite the casualties. Nick and Vlads buzzer swarms ran into each other and killed each other so it was left up to me to scout Vlads base. When I got there I managed to get an idea of what he was up to before two of his buzzer swarms which killed that squad. Vlad was going for a quick Disintegrator + Gun walker rush, while Mark was on his way with a 4 Bike rush.
    I quickly built 2 Missile squads which took care of Marks Bikes from killing my Harvesters and Nick was able to stop Vlads 4 Disintegrator + 2 Gun walker rush with 2 Devourer Tanks and about 6 Buzzer swarms.
    At this point I already have my War Factory up and produced a Pitbull ATV and sent him scouting and a second Harvester. Nick was fast teching to get the Reaper Tripod and energy reserve upgrade.
    I built 4 Pitbulls and sent them over to Mark and try to raid his Harvesters and was successful in killing one but then had to with draw because of his Missile squads on top of the fact that Vlad was doing a late Disintegrator spamming at my base. Luckily I was able to hold them off by spamming gun towers and when I built a command post I was at Tier2 tech and was able to build Shatterer hover tanks and I immediately started up grading to AP AMMO which made all machine gun damage do twice as much. I had 1 of my 3 Shats out which completely decimated 1/3 of his Disintegrates before it was destroyed. My Watch towers and next two Shats handled the rest.
    Nick finely got to Tier3 and was building Reaper Tripods.
    Mark fast teched to Avatars and making beam cannons to give his Avatars more fire power. Nick and mark had their Teir3 heavy hitters already dooking it out. Nick was winning till Mark lured him into a Tiberium field and used Vein detonation support power and killed all of Nicks Tripods. Lucky I had built 4 Predator tanks along with my 2 Shats and 4 Pitbulls and took care of Marks last 3 Avatars and proceeded to give Mark an ass whooping. Then I realized something... We had neglected Vlad. Vlad was at Tier3 and already making Cultist which could mind control units and also upgraded with Advanced articulates which made his infantry run hell-a fast.
    I had built an Airfield already with 2 Orca fighters and was trying to up grade them with extra hard points which gave them more Missiles. I was going to take out more of his Harvesters but then noticed he had a Stasis field out which I then attacked, I was able to destroy it but lost my Orcas in the process by his Gun walkers, at least I was able to slow him down a bit as he only had 2 Cultists out.
    Nick was able to recover several of his downed Tripods and teleported in a buzzer swarm to take care of Vlads cultists which they did nicely as he dropped them right onto Vlads Cults.
    Mark was getting trounced until Vlad used Stasis on my units being the one with a larger number and froze them, Nick had to with draw his Reaper tripods away from Mark because Mark managed to get 2 Stealth tanks out and were pumbling Nicks Harvs.
    I then started construction on a Reclomater hub to get my epic unit, the MARV (Mammoth Armed Reclamation Vehicle), because at this late point in the game it was inebatable that epics were going to be used and Vlad already had a Warp Cassom to get his. And Nick just finished his own Warp Cassom. Mark was trying to rebuild after the beating Nick and I gave him.
    Eventually the stasis effect finely ended and I was able to move my force around and sent them to try and finish off Mark but he had already made a nasty defense as he placed Obelisks around my units while they were frozen and then wiped them out.
    Vlad got his epic unit out, the Eradicator Hexapod, fallowed closely by Nick and his Eradicator Hexapod, and fallowed up about a few seconds later with my MARV. I garrisoned my MARV with 4 Zone Troopers and Nick and Vlad garrisoned their Hexes with 3 Shock troopers. Mark was fast teching to his epic unit, the Redeemer, to be of any help to his brother and was able to get it out rather quickly and garrisoned it with 2 rocket squads.
    A big furbal of a battle ensued with our epics a moment later with both Nick and Vlad using their Mastermind to teleport our epics all around the map. Vlad and Nick had also Corrupters healing their Hexes with combined with teleporting were damn near indestructible, leaving Mark and I to dook it out with his Redeemer and my MARV. I was winning until Mark cloaked the f**ker and was able to slip away to be repaired.
    At this point more and more units were being made, me mostly using Predator tanks and AP APCs, which Vlad just teleported his Hex over and crushed them. (F**K YOU VLAD!!) And Nick was doing the same to Vlad's units and I was trying to prevent Mark from spamming damn Scorpion tanks but his Redeemer kept getting in the way.
    I eventually I was able to sneak 5 Juggernauts off to the side of the map to keep Vlad from finding them and basically have his Hexes pop over and sit on them as he did the last 4 times. I also had a few Snipers on the battle field to act as spotters. Once Vlad teleported his Hex I used the shock wave artillery support power to stun his Hex, combined with the Juggernauts bombard ability and pumbled it mercilessly doing a crap load of damage to and was eventually able to destroy it because it also stunned his Corrupter who kept healing it.
    We ignored Mark's Redeemer and Nick teleported both his Hex and my MARV into Vlads base and finely destroyed him. Mark just turtle up his base so teleporting in our epics was suicide.
    My Juggs were the only thing that could touch him and Mark was bleeding resources on repairing and rebuilding his defenses and held us off for a fair amount of time until Nick and I used our super weapons on him, my Ion Cannon and his Rift Generator combined with my orbital strike and his overlords wrath all at once (which lagged the game like crazy) Then we just steam rolled what was left with our epics and other units.

It was crazy.

Nick and I were all like

Mark and Vlad were like
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 10, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

An epic fight indeed.
    What I wouldn't give for a first-person-view of one of the soldier's in the fight.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    An epic fight indeed.
    What I wouldn't give for a first-person-view of one of the soldier's in the fight.
    It would probably be the same as any one of them no matter which side you were on which would be as you look up an Eradicator/MARV/Redeemer would suddenly apear over you and sit on your head. God I hate Mastermind/Prodigy epic porting. (Unless I am the one doing it)
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Graarrrrr.... Can't believe "Budokai Tenkaichi 4" is actually going to be "Raging Blast"....
    I'm still getting it, but I really wish it were on the Wii. Much more fun playing it on there than with the average controller.

Guess I'll get it for PS3 - seeing that I already have one for Abu, to go online-battling.

Thanks

Wiimote genius Johnny Chung Lee on Project Natal team

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!
    ....... *sigh* Wow, Microsoft's gonna' get one heckuva' boost.

If ya' guys didn't read the link:
    Basically a damn good techie that hacked into Wiimote capabilities is now working on Project Natal.

Other than Wiimote whiteboards, this man also had planned to create a head-motion-sensing device that came with Boom-Blox. Making the 3D world react to the tilt of the head, creating a FULLY-3D environment (3D not only on screen, but to your eyes). ...however, Nintendo appeared from the darkness and scrapped the guy's project.

... from what I can see: Nintendo's constant ominous-restrictions made the man join Microsoft's rather strong device.

I'm upset that not only could this man have worked to better Nintendo's peripherals, but now Microsoft's gotten a "+100pts" from every techie out there... Even if Natal can't beat the Wii's fun, it sure can make people believe that it's the "right way to go"...
    ...doing such can lead another damn Exodus that could very well threaten Nintendo's current lead.

If you think it's totally okay for the opposition to win, let me break it to you straight: The Playstation redefined the idea of "fun" in so many ways that you can hardly remember what "fun" was before then. This "new version of fun" has created the video game community that we see these days... the type that only care about performance specs, metacritic scores, and powerful engines.
    They outright refuse things that are actually extremely fun for the sake of "eliteness" or "maturity".

If this man gets enough exposure + Natal's systems improve a great deal: It's going to do the same exact thing, again.
    ....... so no, I do NOT think this is cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast