+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Colony on Discovery

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

The Colony on Discovery

GAWD! CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE?!!!

Not only can these people not plan well during an Apocalypse-situation, they can't even see it as such! They're trying to get a *bleep* shower up?! REALLY?! *bleep* REALLY?!!

Shower comfort before security?
    Using power carelessly?
    No real work?
    Lazying around?
    Playin' *bleep* dressup?!

*bleep* THESE PEOPLE!!

The hot-headed handyman may be quick to shout, but he's got a goddamn good reason each time he does shout!

All these *bleep* are pampered freaks! I'm quite disappointed with the women of this show! They're nothin' but frissy awful stereotypes for their gender!

*bleep* these people.

Are they serious? ....why the heck can't they even pretend to be in an apocalyptic situation?! They act as if they're still around in safe little fru-fru land and they get to have their little soupy-shit-soups! I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure it means something!

... gosh, why couldn't they get normal people for this show? Like people from the ghetto or somethin'... sure, they'd be lying, stealin', assholes, but they know survival better than these TV-wannabe-gimps.

You can have all these degrees behind your *bleep* name - - - but that don't mean shit when the world goes to crap. These people can't even handle crap! They can build things, I'll give them that - but survival thinking? Survival skills? Survival abilities? CRAP! *bleep*!

Only handyman's got what it takes to truly survive an apocalyptic situation.

................ I really hope these guys break down. I hope they realize everything the handyman's been sayin's been true all along.

These guys suck.

--== Mod Edit ==--
    Just because this is your journal, does not give you an all clear to use excessive profanity. Let this be a lesson to you all, you use profanity excessively in your journal, you get an infraction.
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 05, 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Colony on Discovery

And I get infractions for cursing yet you...don't. Ever.
    I kid of course, but I've been wanting to check this show out forever. Too bad I always forget. I think we should have a group of highly intellectual people in the post apolyptic situation. Because the average person follows the saying, "When in doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!".

--== Mod Edit ==--
    Let this also be a lesson to everyone. Never are you allowed to tell another member that they are breaking the rules. You are not staff, so don't pretend that you are one. It smacks of elitism and makes you look like an ass.
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 05, 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Colony on Discovery

ORANGE!

...what I wonder is. If you can't tell another member that they're breaking the rules... does it count if you post that you "THINK" they're breaking a rule? O.o Is that still elitism?

Sorry I did that tharr, ace. I just didn't think it would be much of a problem since not much read my journal anyways. Thought it'd just be a random entry that could be considered "invisible" to most people.

Anyways - as a reply to emo:
    I don't mind that they've got high intellect, it's just that they're pathetic!
    I find it wondrous and grand that they have the skill to reBUILD after an apocalypse - but they don't have the skill to COPE with it in the first place!
    They're constantly trying to get COMFORTABLE by bringing back pre-apocalyptic luxuries. ...things like: aiming for a shower and aiming for energy - BEFORE setting up a good guard schedule, perimeter, and reinforcement of defense-structure, mind, and body.

At least with the average people: The weakest are the first to die in "true" extreme situations.
    Sure, most panic and screw everyone else over - but in a true survival situation - those people either learn to tough up or die. ... in normal "extreme situations", things like bombings - hostage situations - and that sort . . people actually have a way out of it and things CAN go back to normal, so people can forgive them for freaking out.

But in a real survival situation, one where there's a huge chance things will never be the same again, the people who get a real grasp of the situation don't have time to deal with the stragglers. Stragglers die here, so that their weakness doesn't consume everyone else. That form of weakness can bubble up into horrible coping methods, making ideas of betrayal, cannibalism, suicide, homicide, and etc: seem like a good idea.

...weak people can get stronger, but if they don't "grow" correctly in these situations, they're not just a liability: They're a present-and-future threat.
    At this point: The ones who are going to get out of this situation alive, will know when to say "NO" to these people.

In this show's case: The handyman is the only one who gets a real grasp on the situation. ...maybe sometimes the contractor does as well.
    But everyone else? They just think this is some kind of stupid vacation.
    Tch, I say they should've made it harder for them to find food and water ---starve them a bit before having them find a good source of food, shelter and water.

Because as long as they have this steady flow: They honestly don't think that there's any problem as to how they're acting.

I feel awful for the handyman - he's stuck with a buncha' pacifists and pampered babies.

+ Reply to Thread