+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

Saddening news, many claim that the upcoming Dragon Ball: Raging Blast is the new Budokai Tenkaichi 4.

Vids:
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (early gameplay build)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That irks me...
    I own a Wii, PS3, and an Elite - so it's not a question of whether I own the system or not.
    I'm irked because the Wii's got the best controls so far... I'm not talking about "Ohhh~! Waggle's the best~ lulz~!", so don't even get started.
    The fact is: The Wii's the best controls since not only does it accommodate OTHER CONTROLS (Classic Controller, Gamecube controller, AND Wiimote+Nunchuk) (and Hori Stick of course... since it acts like the Classic Controller), but it also evens the playing field.

If I were to ask my gf to play, let's say, DBZ Burst Limit with me, she'd only be able to access half the moves/combos since she's used to putting in simple commands.

Heck, many times she forgot the commands, and ended up constantly doing the wrong move and asking me "H-how do I do that thing again?"... I'll make this sound like a worse thing later...

Let me put it clearer for you 360/PS3 defenders:

http://www.animeonline.net/f177/dbz-...chi-3-a-42392/

Notice how pissed Rave gets. ...he finds the controls infuriating, especially when facing tough opponents. Some of you could claim that it's because Rave sucks at the game, but you can't seem to get how much a swing of a remote removes half of the commands from a controller! If a person "sucks" at a game, you could blame it on them as you watch the experts become the champions of the game - but the fact is that these "experts" are unplayable!
    You can't play these guys at all!
    If it were pure analog-controls only, Abu would probably stop playing DBZBT3 with me for good!

Despite the fact I still beat Abu 90% of the time we play, at least she has a chance with the controls!
    I know for a damn fact that most analog-fighting games she plays with me she just button mashes!

Some games don't need confusing controls. Heck DBZ Budokai games were pretty darn simple, due to everything literally being a shortcut-button.

Everyone knows that SSBB is simple in controls, but can be controlled rather expertly under the right TIMING. Timing was what made that game not button-mash-crazy.

And we can say DBZ Burst Limit isn't KoF, but it certainly was no Budokai. The controls were eased in there, but still a bit too complicated for those who were... to say....... JUMP RIGHT INTO THE GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME.
    And it made ALL the difference.

Ah, but as "easy" as those controls were, notice something here... BURST LIMIT WAS A 2D-PLATFORMED GAME!!!!

Yes, yes, I know. You could move around 3D-ly..... WHILE FACING EACH OTHER.
    You didn't have full freedom in Burst Limit. It was exactly like Budokai, no freedom. It was a plain 2D-to-2D battle. You couldn't sneak a side attack as easily as you could in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Ah, now here's the problem. The Budokai Tenkaichi series is a fully-3D fighter, THAT WORKS.
    On the PS2? .....well, like I said: Look at Rave_Grip's journal.

Due to how limited an analog controller is, it needs to express certain attacks in a complicated manner when it comes to a fully 3D-world fighting game.
    Take Tenkaichi 2 for instance: Through the Wii's controls, a swing of the Wiimote can tell your character where to strike the opponent into which direction, your analog (Nunchuk) can tell your character where next to go to... however on an analog control, you're simply going to have to be fast enough to switch to "movement controls" the instant your attack's done.
    Now take Tenkaichi 3... a gesture of the Wiimote+Nunchuk can tell your character when to execute a special move - instead of having to switch between normal attack to memorized commands on an analog controller.

So some of you mastered these analog controls, so what?
    What about the friend who wants to play too?
    What about the friend who can't play for crap?
    What about the friend who sucks at every game?
    Too bad? F*** NO!

Fact is, the idea of motion controls adds a whole new set of commands that are much easier to memorize for new-type players!
    Heck, let me map out some DBZBT3 Wii controls for you:
    A (Top Wiimote Button) - Attack
    B (Bottom Wiimote Button) - Blast
    A+B - Block
    C (Top Nunchuk Button) : Fly upwards
    Z (Bottom Nunchuk Button) : Float/Drop downwards

........ doesn't that sound easy for new players?
    Most new players associate the trigger button (B) shoots something.
    Most new players associate the big button (A) does the main thing.
    Most new players can easily understand that a top button (C) makes you go up, and a bottom button (Z) makes you go down.

Instant you start having to say "L1", "L2", "R1", "R2", and even "L3" and "R3"... the game instantly sounds too complicated for a quick fight.
    ... I'm not saying it's REALLY HARD, or IMPOSSIBLE, I'm saying it's darn uncomfortable for new players to try to associate these commands.

Did you see the video for Raging Blast?
    The characters immediately fly to a preset height!
    It's like friggin' Budokai all over again!
    I didn't like that in Budokai, it seemed too....... blocky-in-feel.

At least with the ease of having one hand control the height and speed your character stands at, while the other commands attacks: It feels smooth.
    I'm pretty sure it's not just going to be plain preset-height fighting for Raging Blast, but just having that button makes me a little scared for how "automatic" the game will feel.

I'm not doubting Raging Blast is a going to be a great game, I'm saying I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY would've preferred the Wiimote controls.
    It made it seem....... fun.

The Wiimote-Nunchuk combo seemed like the game was fun, and not... a button-commands-game.

That being said, I hope Atari looks at the Wii again for another DBZ fighting game.

I really, really want a new DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi game. Not a... analog-only game.
    Half of DBZ BT 3's charm for me was the motion controls. It made the game feel completely different from the PS2 version.

A DBZ BT 4, please? ^^;

This topic was originally going to be about what I thought would've improved the BT series for its 4th installment, but after I read that - I'm...... rather pissed.

Seriously Atari, relook the Wii. I know it can't handle all the things the "fans" want completely, but it can handle a lot more than you think it can for now.
    Even if it were a "Gamecube 2.0", "Gamecube 1.5", or even a "Gamecube 1.2" - that's still a lot considering the Gamecube could handle amazing graphics and power! Even if it weren't used, it doesn't mean it's not there!
    Dammit 3rd parties! Realize you never pushed the PS2 to its highest point despite how many games were on there, saying that: YOU NEVER EVEN GOT NEAR THE POTENTIAL THE GAMECUBE HAD. SAYING THAT: YOU'RE NOT EVEN DONE REACHING THE PEAK WITH THE WII!!!

So please. Look back at the Wii, and try again Atari.
    We haven't had a DBZ fighting game in nearly 2 years. ...and it has literally felt like forever since then.
    Many of us Wii-owners would prefer another Tenkaichi game as a Wii-exclusive. And you KNOW we buy it off our shelves.

... I'm still getting Raging Blast though.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

D: i'm sorry Darling~

am not really liking the feel of Raging Blast, however...
    as you said, it doesn't seem very user friendly...

they don't want me to play!

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I don't quite get it. There will be a Wii-Version, am I right? So what hinders Atari to implement some nice Wii controls? I believe in them!

Next game I'm going to buy from the Dragon Ball franchise is this one by the way: Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
    I hope it will be awesome!
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Raging Blast doesn't release for the Wii..................... PS3/360 only.

There will be Wii DBZ games, but none of them are Tenkaichi.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Raging Blast doesn't release for the Wii..................... PS3/360 only.

There will be Wii DBZ games, but none of them are Tenkaichi.
    Sucks!
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread