+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dragon Ball Z: Raging Disappointment

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Raging Disappointment

Felt like I had to post one more time since it felt like no one read this thing before commenting...

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    This is exactly what I mean, all the games after Budokai 3 have been the same fighter. They've used all the characters they have in the series so I guess that's what you get for ending a great show. Sorry that you wasted your money.
    Number One, the show ended for me years before it ended for many of you. I watched it before it even ended up in the shores of the Americas... unless of course you're from Central or South America, if I remember correctly they got it before the North Americas.
    ...I know for a fact that Germany and France were already at the Majin Buu Saga before it even touched North America (including Canada)'s shore.

And even knowing that I saw it end much sooner than many of you (though I could hardly understand it with the poor subbing), the show still ended in the US in 1998. NINETEEN NINETY EIGHT.

That's a good 11 years.

To say "that's what you get for ending a great show" is silly. The show's been done for 11 years, there's no negative attribute to continuing these games.

Number Two, "They've used all the characters they have in the series" is false, there's actually still a good handful more characters in DBZ they have yet to use, a ton of characters they have yet to use from Dragonball, and definitely a sh** ton of characters they have yet to use from Dragon Ball GT.
    They could easily add 100+ more characters to the game if they really wanted to (age/style variations of characters DO count as different characters in these games).

And Good ol' NUMBER THREE, "This is exactly what I mean, all the games after Budokai 3 have been the same fighter."... I NEVER said that anywhere in my post. Though I did say that the game plays like Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, I also said that it is different in a negative way.

If you look at it one way, this game is just for the PS3/360 owners who wanted a "next-gen" version of the Budokai Tenkaichi series. And since they missed out a lot by refusing to get Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 (since they were out on the Wii and PS2), they wanted to see what all the fussy fun was all about.

And if you think about it that way, this does satisfy their needs... except they totally missed out on the large character base.

Quote Originally Posted by POOHEAD189 View Post
    As for the raging blast game, It was actually pretty fun to me. It may not have been "shiney new" gameplay, but I still enjoyed it.
    I never said I wanted shiney new gameplay.
    I, in fact, complimented the fact that the game played the same as Tenkaichi 3...except for having to play on a single controller.
    But that's my quabble about it, an irk.

If you're talking about me saying that I wanted Character Creation and larger stages...well...
    1. Character Creation was PROMISED by Atari when they first discussed that they were in the works in it. Even if Bandai Namco took over, they still deserve to be spat at for ignoring the promise given to the fans. ...it's been 2 years since Tenkaichi 3, you'd think they'd spend more time on it to give us what we wanted. If it's just a graphics-updated character-cut version of Tenkaichi 3, they shouldn't have taken 2 years to make it.

2. Larger stages should be a given. These stages are only SLIGHTLY larger than Tenkaichi 3. Tenkaichi 2 was big, Tenkaichi 3 was AMAZING in comparison. It took them only one year to make Tenkaichi 3, and I'll admit the changes were nothing staggering, but just the size of the arenas made it awe-inspiring. You'd think 2 years would give the developers enough time to make their stages amazingly huge.
    ...I will admit, if you slowly fly around you'll realize the stages are much bigger than I make them sound. But I take speed and velocity to account. If it takes me a certain amount of time to go from point A to point B (or be knocked away from point A to point B) in the 3rd game, then I should expect better for a game that promises to be the 4th one.

I was expecting to be knocked FAR away THREE times (from the center of the stage) before running into the barrier. But no... it just took me TWO times. How does that make a difference? Well, it's not a big difference from Tenkaichi 3! The city battles seemed much larger in Tenkaichi 3 than it did in Tenkaichi 4! Disappointing for a supposed "next gen" version, if you ask me.

I never said it wasn't fun either. Maybe the controls weren't AS fun as the Wii version, but I never said it wasn't fun as a game. It's enjoyable. It's just sad I had to wait two years for this game...

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

a disappointment?

well that is a shame... it's not out here as of yet and I will still try it out.
    as for the Anime..

I have collected the whole series and have watched them over and over...
    no one can stop me..

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

What a shame, DBZ fight games are what made me like fighter games again, (last time I liked them before that was Street Fighter 2 Turbo.) But I mean, I guess it's inevitable it's going to get redundant after a while. It' just sad that money is both being spent in making and buying the games, and also system exclusives making it hard to get the perfect customization.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a reason these games wind up in the bargain bin at Gamestop for 9 bucks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2