+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fable 2 Suggestions

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Fable 2 Suggestions

((O__O)) I'm completely out of Fruit Drops! >_< Argh, the horrible side-effect will kick in by tomorrow...

Welcome ladies and gents! To my Fable 2 topic!
    ...not really one for reviews or anything, just something like an addition.

Got Fable 2 on day 1. Big fan of Fable. So on and so forth.
    Fan of PM's (Peter Molineaux) ideas, not such a big fan of his ideas not going through due to over-anxiousness. He does put so much hype on it that the developers wish they could strangle him 'til he stopped blabbing his mouth off like that. Can't hate the guy for getting excited, but you'd wish he wasn't so convincing.

Anyways, I'm not here to review Fable 2, because everyone can just review it themselves... everyone's got their own opinions for Fable 2 - positive people see me as an optimist, negative people see me as biased, and neutrals see me as a hopeful. I'll let you dive into that in any manner you wish.

So the reason why I'm typing right now is plainly because I'm playing it again - and I surely wish some improvements are added.
    I'm no retard, 70% of developers and companies hardly listen to suggestions given by fans and the public, unless it's all in one large unison (and even then, it's not guaranteed)... In PM's case: He listens, he reads, and then beats his developers up until they do something close to what he was saying- but not exactly. PM's enthusiasm is the death of any ideas people give him. -so as much as I'd love to give them my suggestions, until I'm fully sure I know what others truly want from this series, I doubt I'll give them my word.

Now here's the thing... Fable 2 has many great perks, but the hype destroys whatever love most people would've had for the game. As it was for the previous game.
    Sure the game's still a great feat considering what most games are/were. But as time has moved on, so has games, and games are certainly looking better nowadays within the 360/PS3 department. Fable 2 should be the LEAST developers should be able to do in a game now that it has appeared and gone, despite how technically big it is.
    So my suggestions aren't here to give PM and crew the hardest time in the world, they certainly can do it now...

Please do mind that my thoughts WILL jump around, I hardly can keep it in one place:

First, let's skip flirting and talk about marriage.
    Marriage in the game is as it usually is... cool... great... whatever...
    It's virtually useless other than to get dowrys and gifts, an achievement, or children...
    And even then, those aren't even that great!

The dowry usually is such an insignificant amount compared to what you get at work (of which I'll be talking about later) and was only a great thing in the first Fable (where you couldn't be a millionaire within a few days of hard work). Think about it, the real hard-ass gamer would think nothing of spamming mini-game jobs then using the money to buy properties... it's not that hard. And if you don't give a crap about corruption/purity, you could easily raise the rents in houses and prices in shops! How hard is that?! Not that hard, in all honesty.
    In this sense, dowrys mean shit unless you don't even try in the game.
    Gifts on the other hand... no wait! Due to how easy you get money and how many shops are easily travelled to, there's nothing really that grand you can get from your wife!
    And why doesn't your wife work?
    You see all the other husbands and wives splitting off from the house onto their works, why can't your spouse do the same? I'm not saying they should force them to as if they're ungrateful hags and asses: I'm saying that if the gal was working at the local library, shouldn't she still be? And shouldn't some of that money go straight to you?
    It'd be nice... ...and why in the world is everything so automatic in the game? Your money magically appears into your pocket when people need to pay rent, and money magically disappears when your wife goes out to get herself a sandwich :: BECAUSE OF THIS AUTOMATON-THINKING, MY WIFE LEFT ME! I simply was so chill, so calm about money going in and out, that I just kept thinking "I'll see her later, I'll see her later"... if they gave me the damn responsibility of going to a bank, maybe I'd damn well think "Hey, my wife's in the town along the way, I certainly have to meet up with her again!"... due to me being so damn immersed into my job of being hero, I couldn't find time for her. "Isn't that realistic?" - you say? BS.
    Here's the problem: I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO MEET MY WIFE.
    Hell, she could have a billion children and I still wouldn't have a good reason to visit her.
    Yes, I love her. Kinda'.
    Why kinda'? She's like every other girl in the damn game?
    I could pick up a raunchy girl off the street who looks exactly like my wife and ask her to do me until she's ready to take her panties off! I could go ask any gal or bro for a gift and they can give it to me if they had one! She's just an AI. Now she's just an AI that has different words coming out of her script and lives in my house!
    AMAZIN!!!
    ......... no, the wife's virtually useless in every manner.
    Hell, even having sex with her doesn't do anything! Sure children, but so what?

You can't play "house" and play "heroes" at the same damn time!
    In house, you pretend like all this stuff you're doing matters, letting your imagination put in real situations into what you're seeing in front of you. In heroes, you go out there and kick ass, and most times it actually is rather physical! You see the difference? False-interaction - Real-interaction! You can't mix the two together and think it's fine!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fable 2 Suggestions

I can't go out having real physical contact with bandits and trolls, having real physics and real thoughts of danger - and then go home and PRETEND like my wife recognizes me as a real person!
    She follows a damn script, a script all the other girls and guys out there like to follow! With only subtle differences all around!

Make the damn woman real is my 2nd suggestion (my first being my whole : make me go to a "bank" - comment)!
    If the woman truly was real. I'd end up walking into the house, seeing her sexing up another man due to how lonely she's been. Then I'd end up killing the man-still-ontop-of-her if I cared enough to!
    And what about letters? It seems that letters seem to be able to travel around through some invisible means, so why can't a random villager give me a damn letter from my wife saying that she really misses me / is going to leave me?! Yeah, I can see her status from the options screen, but that's BS in its best! She just follows some odd coding that makes her horny one second, to "I wanna' give you a gift!" next! ...it's not real, it's patterns!

Make her send me a letter! I don't care if it's a preset number of letters she could send me, it shouldn't take too damn long to make a 100-word page appear in a game, you just make 20 more different kind of responses per different-styled woman, and then that's enough to convince me my wife's thinking about me a whole lot more differently than the slut in the prostitute house!
    Or if my wife really were demanding, wouldn't she try to hunt me down and slap me in the face if I didn't visit her enough? I'm pretty damn sure some women would cross balverine-infested lands to stomp on their man's nuts to make them beg for forgiveness. So why can't they?!

And hell, if we have jobs where hobbes and bandits appear in different parts of town - jobs where giant beetles appear in basements - areas where balverines appear just a bit away from town, WHY CAN'T THEY ATTACK THE TOWNS?!
    This is a question for towns and marriages. I want it so that I HAVE TO PROTECT MY WIFE, because she means that much to me! If people truly hated me being a hero, shouldn't I have enemies coming after my wife at a constant rate? Not like daily, but at most once a week!
    I'd like to come home, seeing the door broken down, with my wife just putting away her blunderbuss, with a dead balverine on the floor... Is that too much to ask for? I want to truly care for my damn wife, to know there is true danger out there.
    You really think that the monsters and bandits truly can be held back by the two guards roaming in the front of the town??
    In the first Fable they made it believable, having gates and well-positioned guards...
    No one would dare try to get through the defenses...
    This one's questionable...
    They made the entire Albion so big and so pretty, yet the danger still is in AREAS.
    I understand dangerous areas in real life, but hardly is it ever completely contained to them.

...back to wives... Children! What's the use of children?! If they can't grow up, what can they do?
    Heroes always seem to age well after childhood, and childhood always ages quickly! It wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see a teen boy with everyone else still the same age. It wouldn't be too much of a surprise for the boy to grow up to be their own adventurer/worker! It's not like they have to show the aging process, they just have to change their character-size and skin every once in a while. It'd be nice to care for the children...
    And why can't the kids truly play with us? Wouldn't that be fun?
    Hell, a good game or two for the kids would be fun as heck. It's not like you just stare at your children all day in real life, unless you're some certain kinds of parents.
    It wouldn't be too hard to develop minigames/actions for the kids. It'll make them more believable as a child.

And while we're at it, why can't we change the clothes of our children/wife/husband? I buy such nice clothes in the town, give it to 'em, and nothing happens! Another reason why I never go home: It never changes! I'd love my wife and kids to be able to wear the clothes I give 'em. I wish my wife would react differently (by actions) to the things I give her other than booze (of which she just gets drunk)... Hell, let her turn fat or skinny by the food she eats too! Give me the ability to at least change the dye of her clothing! Something! Anything that'd make me be able to truly tell her apart when she comes walking up to me!

And what the hell's up with the open areas? I see 4-8 traders walking through at a time, yet only 2 guards spread REALLY far apart from one another, and 4 bandits in each 5 areas, waiting there, everyday. Not only is it ridiculous of how little guarding the traders get (at least some should afford a personal guard... or give you missions to guard them), but isn't it ridiculous that bandits always stay in the same place? As far back as I can remember, bandits are humans too, they've got places to go to, people to see. All the developers would have to do is make the bandits WALK TO THEIR POSITIONS every once in a week, so it'd seem like a bit more realistic.
    And whatever happened to bandit camps? The bandit camps now are ridiculous! Sure, it's a camp, sure, there's bandits in them, but none of 'em are hanging out!
    In Fable 1, there was one bandit camp that made all bandits seem human! ...they sat around the fire, they'd get drunk, they'd converse, and they'd sleep!
    And hell, if you were a bad guy too, you could tell 'em to join you!
    ISN'T THAT ****ING AWESOME?!!

And when they joined you, they weren't useless AIs, they actually did use their weapons... let them loose in a town, and all hell'd break loose! HOW IS THAT NOT AWESOME?!
    And how is that not realistic either?
    Sure the days of heroes is over, so everyone's kinda' passive-aggressive within the villagers and overly-aggressive in the bandits, but there are surely some that are willing to raise weapons by your side! They don't even have to level up! They just need to be able to fight along your side! That'd be great! It'd add a whole new dimension to the game, and it'd let you see the people in a whole different view!

...but no... as great and as large and as intuitive as this all Fable II is... they just didn't want to handle the small-stuff...

Thanks

Now here's another question, why aren't there ANY camps anymore?
    All their lame excuses for camps are really just colonies! It doesn't feel like they're in any immediate danger, and it doesn't feel like a safe-zone from the monsters either! You're supposed to feel relief-and-fear when you reach a camp, not a "Oh, this is where my other house is"... grrrrrr... ****ing hell! ...in Fable 1, there was 1 camp that felt great as a camp! And that was the Darkwood Camp! ...you couldn't be attacked there, but it felt like you couldn't count it out since how dark and frightening the area was! But there they were, a few traders making a small camp as their halfway-point through the treacherous area that was known as Darkwood... Scary place, it was.
    And traders could be found on every road there! ...traders can still be found travelling the roads of Fable II, but no longer in the large amounts as they did back then... and they don't seem scared now, they just seem like how they are in the town: "I'mma make moneh!"-attitude. :/ Not very convincing as a travelling trader, if you ask me. If they had a gun in their pocket, I would be convinced as to why they were so calm! But they didn't even have that! *sigh*

I don't push my ideas too far, I only push it as if it can't go that far... I make my ideas reasonable... other people's ideas are ridiculous... things like an-ever-growing colony. Though possible, that's still expecting too much for most developers nowadays.
    So in that sense, I'm not asking for too much, really, I'm not.

Now here's another thing... why can't I adjust my camera? I liked it in Fable 1, where it was basically over-the-shoulder-closeness! In Fable 2, the camera's so far away! And it's great that I can see everything around me, but it just doesn't pull me in anymore! In Fable 1, I felt like the hero. In Fable 2, the camera's so far, I feel like a person playing a hero. ...no immersion! And hardly do I ever notice the beauty of a place! The camera's so far zoomed out, I hardly take the time to look at all the details in the rock, water, and grass like I used to in Fable 1! ...no true immersion. If they just allowed it JUST-BEHIND the back like in Fable 1, the game would feel as long as Fable 1... since in Fable 1, I really DID stop and took the time to look at details...

Okay, another question... why can't I sit or lie down?
    PM wanted us to look at how beautiful the sunset/sunrise was/is, and they wanted us to feel calm and relaxed... but how the hell are we supposed to do that if we can't even put our ass down?!
    I know it's just a virtual-action, but it makes all the difference!
    It'd put so much comfort in players if we could lay down in an open field! When we stop moving to stare at something, our dog lies down, and all I think about when that happens is: Why in the world can't I lay down too?! This is relax time, let me do so!
    And why can't I sit on my chairs in the house? It'd be a nice comfort to have to just sit back and let the money roll in!

Oh here's another idea: How about only allow us to collect our payments and such AT HOME?! Like a mailbox-thing! That'll make us not seem like instant-millionaires... and it'll give us a reason to go home.

And how about letting the AIs doing something in their home other than stand around/sleep/or pretend to eat? If there's so many damn books out there, why can't we give someone a book and then see them read it at their house later? ...and if you wanna' push the developer-scale up a notch: Have them either bring up a predetermined conversation concerning the book with another AI / have them change their interests if the book truly does hit their character hard???? That's pushing it, I know, but still, y'know?!

Speaking of payments, how about work? Y'know how there's work only available here and there at certain times? ........why not make it permanent work, with some jobs allowing part-time? It shouldn't be that hard to slap on a job-title onto the character and then having a schedule/deadline for work! It'd make work seem more of a hassle and more work-ish! Since we can do it anytime, work just seems so easy to just spam mini-games on! ...there's no reason for us NOT to do it, seriously! If they made work a hassle, then being a bum begging for money (of which you CAN do), or gambling would seem SO MUCH MORE SWEETER AND TEMPTING, y'know what I mean??

...and what about the gambling games? Sure they're cool and all, but I have personal problem with them: WHERE'S BLACKJACK?!!!
    Blackjack was MY game back then, man. I used to go on Fable 1 JUST TO PLAY Blackjack! These new gambling games are nice and intuitive, but hardly as addictive to me as Blackjack was...

...oh, here's another thing: More actions WITH the dog please! Playing fetch is fun, but why can't we have anything like wrestling or cuddling? I love my dog in the game, I want to treat it like my dog in real life too. ...I know it's a lot to ask for, since working out the bugs for those actions would be hell for them, but if they spent that much time on the dog, I'm sure they'd love to spend more time in making the dog more lovable.
    Oh, and why can't the dog attack? All the dog does is kill fallen enemies. We were told that the dog could go up to rifle-wielding bandits while we were too busy with melee-enemies, and bite at them and distract them. ...I know it definitely is disheartening if we were to see the dog thrown back and shot at, but hell, he/she should have the same problems as us! If ya' promise us that the dog can be our partner, you really should make them a partner in every regard!

Oh btw: I miss fishing, bring it back, and make it useful (previous Fable 1 fishing wasn't that eventful since fishing had not much of a trade value as it should've had)...

Oh, and let's enter Elder Scrolls territory, and allow us to HUNT!!!!
    PLEAAASEE!!! HUNTING!!! I know many people are against hunting, but that's what life was back then! Hunting and Gathering! Allow us to hunt and gather, allow us to truly need to eat/sleep/play! Sims-ish in that manner! Please!
    Some of us feel like becoming a full-fledged adventurer and rough it out in every manner of the phrase! (Things like living in a cabin, hunting, fishing, and not worrying about bills) ...And what about us who aren't good for anything other than killing? Obviously there can't be a bounty up everyday, so give the job of hunting and gathering for villages! People would LOVE to assume that role and feel more connected to the people!

Small thing but: Allow AIs to call you whatever they want. You can choose a title for yourself for others to generally know you by, but allow AIs that know you or have heard rumors about you, to call you whatever the hell they want! Things like: If they know you as a sex-machine, some of them can outright call you a pig!
    It'd add a nice dimension of realism to the game.

Thanks

Here's a nice clicker that doesn't need to happen but it'd be nice: Real Time. Let the game follow the time within the real world. If a person doesn't like that idea, give them a "reversal time" button. Allowing them to go by the opposite time (am=pm, pm=am) on their clocks... just don't give them the entire day to feel 10-days! ...only allow certain missions to appear after a certain amount of hours (or days), and schedule some jobs/missions to only certain hours of the day... that way, every heroes' stories will be different from one another.
    And if people think it'll get boring quick having to do nothing but work/relax for most of the time instead of instant rumbles... this can be cured in two steps: Step 1: make battles longer, make the average HP be high enough that it'd nearly match yours - making weapons carried by certain enemies and certain styles of fighting truly count. ...in this fashion, it wouldn't seem too ridiculous to have a fight drawn out for 20 minutes if the person they were facing truly was a skilled bandit. Step 2: Allow several more types of jobs to appear, including consistent battle-type jobs. ...in these fashions, it'd never feel like a person were wasting time being a hero.
    A person truly needs to feel like they earned being a hero, instead of having just rushed through an adventure.

Another thing: Consistent threats!
    After Fable's finished, it's always sad whenever you have nothing to do, and no one's a match for you anymore... as much as this shows the strength of your character, it also seems to make a fool over the idea of "needing a hero"... if all villagers given guns can take on the smaller guys, what makes a hero useful anymore? ...nothing. Nothing at all.
    And so you just drop the game and move on... now here's the thing, developers think that the way to solve this is to "make more DLC!"... that's BS.
    They think the only way to solve it other than to give DLC like mutha****a, is to point at the "Bounty Hunter" job........ ha... ha... funny. Those Bounties aren't worth crap. If I can kill them within a few seconds of stepping into the area, who says a few well-armed guards can't?
    No... we need consistent threats... not some stupid DLC crap.
    You can't say the world stops and no one grows except the hero! Certainly not! There are obviously some freakish growths within a monster's lair, some strength in bandits, time doesn't just stand still!
    What I mean by this, is make some REAL bounties.
    Every other week, let a new threat appear, just a really powerful creature, boss-like, appear (after the game's been beaten btw, so the hero can't power-level easily)... Whether it be a super-troll threatening a trade route, a HUUUUUUGE amount of beetles harrassing a town, a full-fledged "more than 10-bandits" bandit attack on a camp, an extremely skilled highwayman appearing, a balverine attack on a town, something! Anything! Anything of that magnitude!
    Wouldn't that keep you going?
    Something that makes your hero-ness worth it?
    Something that makes you think you're needed even after beating the final boss?
    It doesn't have to be DLC'd, it doesn't have to be scheduled... it just needs to have a randomizing program to create these threats at certain times...
    That'd add so much replay value to the game, it ain't even funny.

Oh, and the idea of PVP is close, but still out the window. I don't think PVP is possible yet... it'd still be cheap to PVP people in Fable 2... the blocking and dodging definitely warrants it more than the previous (blocking and dodging was there, but this feels a bit more refined for some reason), but people are still too powerful to find an equal balance in making PVP-possible and non-cheap!
    Maybe Fable 3 or 4 will find the right balance.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnddd... yep... that's all I have to say for now. :P
    I'm surprised you've read this far. Thank you!
    Feel free to comment against or with what I said... and if you haven't played Fable 2 yet... you gotta'. As much as I find things missing in the game, it's still a great game.
    If you don't have a 360, do you have a good computer? I'll consider getting you Fable The Lost Chapters... :P That game's still a goodin'.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

( ^o^)/ i like your ideas Darling~
    especially the ones involving the dog, and being to sit/lay down!
    (that says a lot about me)

can't say much about the spouse and kids though! cuz i didn't have 'em~

and i like the whole "we still need you" idea!
    and real time is always fun~

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

About the gifts you get from your spouses, the quality of the gifts are directly related to the amount of allowance you give him/her, the quality of the home in which you live, whether or not you visit your spouse, and how much they love you, and if you have kids, how much they love you as well.

One of my characters wives (Yes, Plural), lives in the home that's behind the Demon Door in Oakvale. I've taken that house and replaced all the furniture with Luxury items, and since I have a real estate empire approaching the 1 million gold mark (you need 2.5 mill to be king), I get about 25,000 gold every 5 minutes while playing the game, so I give my wife 5000 gold, and she gives me 3 to 4 star experience potions every game day, Damn good trade off if you ask me.

and get this, when you go to get your gift from your spouse, accept the gift, sex her up, then wait for your next pay to come in, and almost right after that, she has another gift waiting for you. also keep in mind to check all the Cubbards, book cases, dressers ect in your house, they randomly fill up with some useful stuff (The stuff is directly related to the object in which they are found, so spend some money), then you should take that stuff and sell it in a town that you have invested in (by invested, I mean baught every property in the town), and it will improve the towns economy, and in turn, raising rent prices, which means more money in your pocket.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^O^ but Soshi is already the king~
    he's too powerful, too rich, so it's getting boring for him~

^_^ and as for the whole wife thing, he's done all those things and all he said about it was, "What are the use of potions if i live forever?"

( ^o^)/ i've killed one of his wives before! shotgunned her in the back! Soshi told me to!
    then somehow a glitch happened, and the game still said he had a wife, even though i shot her on the beach!
    now i just say, "Hey, sorry for killing your invisible wife."

Thanks

^ ...what she said.

...and it's not like there's much (ANY) property to buy anymore. ...especially things of any real use.

+ Reply to Thread