+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fable II - Corruption

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Fable II - Corruption

Isn't it so much easier to be corrupted than be pure in that game?
    I mean, seriously...

I decided to go back and open up all the Demon Doors before another "fable"-ous adventure (HA!), but that meant I had to be pretty darn corrupt to get into the westcliff one... and seeing that I was pure-PURE, it was going to take a long time, or so I first believed and experienced.

Several attempts of eating, drinking, gambling, and paying for sex barely touched the nob on my purity scale.
    Each one took an eternity to bring down, and paying for sex only really affects your scale if you do it without a condom - and I DO NOT want an STD in that game.
    After a while of boring myself from gambling (too many rules... tooo many rules... I'm sure it was easy if I just played, but I got tired after two games because I had to read those rules)... and making myself fat as heck... I noticed... my purity bar went UP again! >_< WTF?!

I then decided to pull out the other way of corruption (other than boasting), being an awful landlord.
    Seeing that I was in Bloodstone at the moment... I bought several houses and properties, and setting their rent up +100&#37;!

Sure enough, everytime the money rolled in, my purity got shotgunned down several notches!
    I then realized that the reason why my purity kept going up all that time, was because of all that property I owned that had the markdown prices and rents! It seems that this +100% thing overweighed my little -25%s and -40%s in the other towns.
    So I wasted all that time getting fat as hell, puking and sh*tting my pants in front of everyone because I drank and ate too much (of which they thought it was hilarious too), safe-sexing several whores, and wasting my time reading those dull rules! All I had to do was hike up rent, and I could be the most corrupt man in the world!

So I got in, got out, we were all good...
    But then there was a problem - I wanted to get skinny again, and I wanted to be pure again!
    I'm sure all of you are thinking "TOFU AND CELERY!" right about now... sorry to say, but even with all the tofu and celery I had (and I had a TON), it wasn't enough.
    I had to reduce many of the rents in the normal-rented houses, and offer several discounts in my stores... and even then, getting back to Pure was going at a snail's pace. And the celery-thing... I had to wait for another two-week's worth of shopping to get enough celery to get rid of that horrid look. I'm not even sure if I'm back to the same size I was before I did all that.

Ugghh... what an awful night.
    As much as I love getting drunk in games, gambling in games, having sex with prostitutes in games (usually for power-ups), and eating delicious meats and pies in both the real world and in games - - that was reDONKulous... ~_~
    Remind me to never do any of that again... remind me that being an @sshole landlord is the most corrupt thing a human can be.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fable II - Corruption

AWWWWW! DARLING~!!! ^_^ i'm so sorry, Sweetie!

but i guess from a "real-world" perspective, no one hates drunks, whores, or gamblers as much as they hate s****y landlords!

oh, and i liked the "'fable'-ous" pun! good one Darling!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

you know, starting a new hero and being currupt from the start is much much more faster.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

In the first Fable, to get evil all I did was go to Bowerstone, shove a little girl into a corner and continue punching her over and over. She couldn't run to tell anyone and she couldn't die. Took me like 15 minutes.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    you know, starting a new hero and being currupt from the start is much much more faster.
    Very true, but I always like being the pure-good guy the first time I play through any game. Dunno why, but it feels "right" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    In the first Fable, to get evil all I did was go to Bowerstone, shove a little girl into a corner and continue punching her over and over. She couldn't run to tell anyone and she couldn't die. Took me like 15 minutes.
    That is so awfully mean! And kinda' hilarious!
    Too bad you can't use your fists anymore in Fable II, and beating up people would only make you Evil, not Corrupt. *sigh* The simplicity of Fable 1 is truly missed... I could probably play it again after a few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread