+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Feel old?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Feel old?

She meant DZ Discovery Zone.
    That thing always played on commercials.
    Never been there myself, though.

I've been to the Kidz Zone in Vegas. Pretty huge place.
    Not sure if that thing's there anymore.
    They said recently that Vegas has become more "family friendly", so they might've taken that out (it was the perfect place for a mom to drop their kid off while they went gambling... )...

...we had to have bar codes taped onto the back of our shirts...
    ...our parents would put a certain amount of money into there so that when we wanted a drink or snack, they could scan us to see if we had enough money to afford it.
    ...and if we got lost, they would just scan us to see which parents we belonged to.

It sounded like we were just numbers to the caretakers (and we were), but the place was pretty fun. I could always afford myself a bag of doritos/lays/fritos and a soda~! And I'd go on the HUUUUUUGE TUBE SLIDE (it was 2 1/2 stories high according to the old brochures), and play on the arcades all day long.
    Q-bert all day over there. ...and that dinosaur game... where you could play as either a dinosaur or a caveman, and you fought over something... I forgot what it was... ^^;

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    She meant DZ Discovery Zone.
    That thing always played on commercials.
    Never been there myself, though.

I've been to the Kidz Zone in Vegas. Pretty huge place.
    Not sure if that thing's there anymore.
    They said recently that Vegas has become more "family friendly", so they might've taken that out (it was the perfect place for a mom to drop their kid off while they went gambling... )...

...we had to have bar codes taped onto the back of our shirts...
    ...our parents would put a certain amount of money into there so that when we wanted a drink or snack, they could scan us to see if we had enough money to afford it.
    ...and if we got lost, they would just scan us to see which parents we belonged to.

It sounded like we were just numbers to the caretakers (and we were), but the place was pretty fun. I could always afford myself a bag of doritos/lays/fritos and a soda~! And I'd go on the HUUUUUUGE TUBE SLIDE (it was 2 1/2 stories high according to the old brochures), and play on the arcades all day long.
    Q-bert all day over there. ...and that dinosaur game... where you could play as either a dinosaur or a caveman, and you fought over something... I forgot what it was... ^^;
    Isn't discovery zone same as kidz zone...i still remember the jingle

"dz discovery zone...something something on my own"

so I'm assuming you're part of the privileged

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

O_o Were they the same? I dunno, everytime I peaked into a DZ, the place had a lot more colors... warmer colors, like red, orange, yellow, etc.

While the Kidz Zone in Vegas was blue... and white...
    If it were anymore blue and white, you'd assume you were in a stylish mental asylum.

...they looked different to me, at least. o_o

*Googles*
    "DZ, Discovery Zone, I can do anything on my own! I can jump, swing, crawl or mountain climb. I'm going DZ, where I want to be!"
    Something like that.
    For some reason, everytime I saw a DZ commercial, I always thought of Alpha, from the Power Rangers.

............ I'm not really sure why I thought that. ^^;

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Give me props for that good memory.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Props+
    All I remember from the song was "DZ Discovery Zone! Blah blah blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH~!" ...

...those places can get pretty territorial. ._. I swear, sometimes it was like Lord of the Flies all stuck in one building! I remember trading my soda so that kid would get off the damn arcade... he was on it all day long. >_<
    ...I also remember scaring younger kids in the tube mazes.

...I also remember when a group of kids claimed a part of the tube maze... I had to round up a gang of other kids to break through, cuz apparently a kid's little sister was stuck somewhere in there. She always got lost on the net-bridge with those giant red balls.

............ now that I think about it, that place was AWESOME.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3