Adding to the List
- Am I allowed to add any cartoons I've seen?
Of course! Feel free to suggest any cartoons to the list!
- Am I allowed to add any cartoons I HAVEN'T seen?
If you can think of it, you can add it! As long as it's real.
- Should I add a video with it?
You don't have to, but it is much appreciated if you do!
- Does it matter where the video's from?
As long as the page doesn't lead to a site known for inappropriate ads, it's fine!
- Does it have to be a kiddy cartoon, or can it be serious?
ANY cartoon is fine, really. As long as it's not straight-up porn. It can have nude scenes and maybe some sex, but if it's based around sex - no thank you.
- Can it be a cartoon I've created?
No. This is more of a historical page, not a new-feature page. But you can add it, if it is something that was within at least 100 people's childhood memories.
- You didn't add the cartoon I suggested!
Hey, give me time! I'll get to it when I can.
- There's something wrong with a link!
PM me, or post on this thread, which link is broken and I'll try to fix it as best as I can. It also helps if you tell me what you find wrong with the link.
- Some of the cartoons repeat in different years.
Nope. Often when the cartoon started up again after staying dormant for several years, started a new season, or storyline changed completely - the creators don't change the name at all. So it could be a completely different cartoon/generation but with the same name.
- You misspelled a cartoon's name.
First consider if your region has a different title for the cartoon than the one listed, then if you find it still incorrect - PM me or post the problem here.
- That cartoon didn't last that many years / lasted much more years than listed!
Those years represent the time-area when that cartoon was made. Not how long it lasted.
- That cartoon doesn't belong to that year!!!
Highly unlikely, as I've spent hours researching them. But if you can prove me wrong with at least 10 good sources (or 2 amazing ones), I'll gladly change it.
- That cartoon's supposed to be in the "From Japan" section!
Most likely not, as the Japanese may have drawn and animated it - but the script and rights usually belong to another country.
If that's not the case, that specific version was made for the country (through strong editing, license changes, etc) it was shown in - henceforth, no need for it to be specifically in the Japanese section.
- Why do Japanese cartoons get their own section?
Well, culturally speaking, a large number of fans of Japanese cartoons are so specific with their lingo that they claim that it's not a "Japanese cartoon" but an "anime". Almost taking offense to it. And that has created a psychological split between cartoons from other countries, and cartoons created specifically in Japan. So a section is given to them, as to avoid quips.