+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just 1 Bird w/ 1 Stone

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Just 1 Bird w/ 1 Stone

((rantings reduced in size, important parts in orange))

Was aiming to get 2 birds with 1 stone recently... as I've been saving up side-cash to buy Abu a xbox360 and a ps3 (at the same time).

Why? Because I wanna' play some Halo without her cheating by looking on my screen, wanna' Crackdown the city as partners, want a partner in Tenchu Z that isn't a douchebag, and I REALLY NEED a partner in MGO that does what's told and not "I have a better idea".

... Buuuut, due to some unforeseen circumstances that I was ready for, my money-saving has come to a halt. I'd only be able to save $10 per week at this rate, so it wasn't going to be worth it.

I was supposed to have the PS360 fund done within two or so more weeks... but this reduction in savings would make me be unable to purchase the two until another 3-4 months.
    And seriously, I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG.

So I tore down the savings, grabbed the cash from both sides, and decided to just buy ONE system for her....

not a used or old system, as the risks run high, even in a PS3... but a solid new system (had it planned out in the beginning, making sure what to look for).

And just like assumed, if anything significant happened, I predicted it'd be in this month - halting my savings. So why brag about assumptions? Because with the careful planning, I HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH to buy a system even after the "money drought"! ^.^
    ... >_> Of course if anything went too serious, I was just gonna' blow a quarter of the cash to buy some books or somethin'...

^_^ But since it went according to plan, the biggest problem hit me: WHICH ONE.

... everyone'd obviously pick the 360... but Abu's definitely not everyone.
    You can name all the titles on the 360, and she'll just give you a blank stare and just say "That's coo." - cuz she really doesn't give a crap.
    Same with the PS3.
    Abu only cares about the cute games within the Wii and DS (mostly DS). ...core and hardcore gamers would be baffled by her decisions.

But here's the thing: Which would be more - - interactive between the two of us?
    Quick answer: MGO.

... I don't play most 360 games online. Usually has a buncha' Elitists that I can't stand to partner with or against. >_> At least in the PSN there's fewer players and at least more mature adults (due to most kids being unable to afford a PS3)... so you can't factor ONLINE feature for the 360 when it comes to choosing for Abu and I.
    ... all we'd care about is the archaic-playing mode called "System Link"...

And as coo as System Link is, without any new players - a system link system can eventually bore us much faster. ... but still worth getting in the future.

But why would someone purchase an expensive piece of blu-ray hardware for just A SINGLE GAME?

Easy: Abu and I are HUGE MGS FANS.

I need her in online matches to finally get a red beret ( I <3 red berets), and she just wants to dress up her character and fire a shotgun.
    I need someone to be the muscle while I do the thinking!
    Abu and I already do that a bunch in real life, so why can't it work in a game?
    "Because Abu gets confused which is her right and left when she panics."
    D:< She does that in real life too, what's your point?

:3 So yes, with my saved money we've bought an 80GB PS3, Halo Wars, and a $20 PSN Card. ... and still had enough for change for the bus, smoothies, medicines (cuz Abu wasn't feelin' well today), and extra-cash for her lunch... +$20.

Hell am I good at predicting.

... Halo Wars is for me. So many good reviews of how it's the first TRUE console RTS. Been itchin' to get it.
    And the PSN Card's for her... so she can unlock some maps in MGO.

Quite an adventure today!
    ... I kept thinking what we coulda' used the money for if we didn't get a PS3... O_o ............. like every DVD we missed out on! O.O

^_^ But no regrets. SO EXCITED to teamwork online tonight!

Oh... and if you're wondering "how about a 2nd copy of MGS4, dummy?!" : my answer is - Already have one, dummy. We got two copies on the midnight release of MGS4. ... merely due to the fact that I was buying a PS3 on the same night, and that PS3 came with a copy of MGS4... while my other copy of MGS4 was a special edition.

^^; Now that I'm done with this little diddy, I should probably finish getting that thing we promised to get Mr. K....

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Just 1 Bird w/ 1 Stone

Stealthy font is such a journal turn off.

And while I could have just made my statement rather appropriately with that single sentence. I have to dance with the character limit. So why stop now?

Do you know, I have NEVER owned a console of my very own. EVER. Not as a kid or anything. My dad said I was too chunky for video games and needed to go outside.

Im really thinkin' I want one. But my budget severely differs from yours. My options linger somewhere between a PS2 or a Game Cube.

*Waits for stones to hit me in the head after being cast by all the cool gamer people.
    ... Not Ever Again...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^o^ no way! i didn't own my own consoles for a long time! in fact, Soshi bought most of 'em for me!

^_^ maybe a DS? they're small and cute and uncomplicated!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Stealthy font is such a journal turn off.

And while I could have just made my statement rather appropriately with that single sentence. I have to dance with the character limit. So why stop now?

Do you know, I have NEVER owned a console of my very own. EVER. Not as a kid or anything. My dad said I was too chunky for video games and needed to go outside.

Im really thinkin' I want one. But my budget severely differs from yours. My options linger somewhere between a PS2 or a Game Cube.

*Waits for stones to hit me in the head after being cast by all the cool gamer people.
    I just don't wanna' hassle people into reading my rantings. So stealth-posting's my thing now.

Be glad you didn't own one! ...kids these days are so specific in their status as a gamer... fighting over "what makes you a TRUE gamer"... it's just ridiculous.

But if you gotta' pick one... go for a PS2. They're fairly cheap now and have a huge library to pick up for a cheap price.
    'nless you wanna' play casually, then a GameCube's pretty awesome too. No hassle of "MUST GET THE SEQUELZ~!!!" with that one.

+ Reply to Thread