+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just sayin...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Just sayin...

Just saying this right now:
    Nintendo's next home console will rival at least the same capabilities as the next consoles Microsoft and Sony will release, and it will also include improved motion control.

Yeah, pretty big words.

But I've been thinking about it for over a year now (possibly two), and a lot of things that Nintendo's doing just DOESN'T ADD UP unless you consider that they're actually creating an extremely better console, or if they're trying to burn down the video game industry.

...and seeing that it was Nintendo that saved the video game industry, I highly doubt they're trying to burn it down. All signs point to the idea that Nintendo's going to make a triple threat of a console.

• ...why in the world did Nintendo remove the seal of quality?
    • Why isn't Nintendo giving much support to 3rd party companies?
    • Why is Nintendo deliberately removing features from 3rd party games without allowing the 3rd parties to explain why?
    • Why has no news ever come up of what Nintendo's been doing with their vast fortunes (you can find it out easily when Microsoft or Sony are making big bucks)?
    • And why was Nintendo actually looking at holographic memory technology?

I'm not making any of that crap up, look it up.
    Nintendo's being really quiet about something.

...if my theory of "The Nintendo Wii is just an experimental system that Nintendo's trying out on the public." then all signs point to a really obvious conclusion.
    • ...by allowing a much more "pure" experiment to run (an experiment without any other factors), the experimenters can get much more "pure" results.
    • In this sense, Nintendo removed anything that would have made "Motion Controls" and its games obviously better than the competition (3rd parties get free reign, but are restricted from surpassing what Nintendo releases), different advertising campaigns are thrown in to test different reactions from the public (compare Wii Sports advertisements to Wii Fit ads to Wii Music ads), inexcusably lousy internet connections are given by Nintendo games even though it's obvious they can do better (SSBB vs Mario Kart Wii, and NSMBW not having ANY connection) act as an experiment to how the public sales react to internet-connection-based games, and Motion+ is released practically halfway through the Wii's life cycle - a technology that didn't seem too difficult to create - yet was oddly late -possibly an experiment that compared pre-motion+ game sales to post-motion+ game sales.
    • ...think about it... Nintendo hated what happened to the Gamecube (it bombed in comparison to the PS2 and Xbox)...
    • Nintendo Wii was just more powerful than the Gamecube (yet not as overpowered like the 360 and PS3), but it had motion controls... it makes a risky move, but cheap to create.
    • motion controls was considered a gimmick at that time and before that, the idea of virtual reality seemed long gone and higher graphics took over...
    • if the Wii was overpowered like the 360/PS3 with motion controls, and if motion controls wasn't actually a hit with the public, Nintendo would've made one of the biggest flops the gaming world has ever seen since their Virtual Boy... and I don't think they would've made it out alive.

Face it, Nintendo may be old school (their reluctance to making online capabilities a main thing), but that doesn't mean they're outdated and stupid.

They're not some old dog that can't do anymore new tricks (say what you will about Mario and Zelda, a good number of people will say that stuff never gets old... and they have actually created new games and characters, you just never thought about it)...

I honestly think they're planning something.

People may joke about a Wii HD, but I'm pretty sure it's more than a joke.
    ...wanted to say it here so that I can say "I told you so" if I'm right.

If I'm wrong, then you can call me an idiot. Everyone wins.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Feb 10, 2010 at 12:18 AM.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Just sayin...

I agree. I've had that hunch for a long while now. I remember rumors of them making a console that can hook up to PC monitors and allow for networking and online play. I don't know if that idea is still brewing, but it's possible that they ditched it and started working on bigger and better things. Motion controls and the Wii in general are just a beta for what's next to come.

I'm guessing that they'll release another console with motion controls but so much better than the Wii (or PS3/360 for that matter). At that point, 3rd parties will have to just comply with whatever Nintendo offers or does to they're software. If you want your work on a console of the caliber I imagine, then you'd probably have no choice in that matter.

I'm rambling now, but I think that Nintendo definitely has some top-secret plan cookin' up. ^_^

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"
    I'm rambling now, but I think that Nintendo definitely has some top-secret plan cookin' up. ^_^[/COLOR]
    And it's called Project Natal. *snicker*

In all seriousness though, I miss Sega.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Oooh nintendo ... what wont you do?
    I can't wait for the upcoming surprises. So far, I'm like way too happy with what nintendo has given me. Oooh joy <3

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

( ^o^)/ have to say, Mr. Sosh-Sosh may be onto something~
    (he already told me before he posted this, HA! inside scoop!)

i'm looking forward to how all this future stuff will affect the next Animal Crossing! maybe. . . SPACE TRAVEL? totally awesome!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem with Project Natal is that besides a few showings that looked more like well-timed videos than anything else, we haven't heard much from it.

It's a welcome addition to motion control, but in all honesty, the Playstation Eye can do the same thing with a software upgrade (not exaggerating). Only thing Natal's got an advantage of over the Playstation Eye is the harddrive attached to it.... which only means: $$$$$

If I have the money, I'll definitely get myself a Natal, but don't you think they're a little late? ... it's almost time for new consoles to come out, if Natal comes in, it'll just be the "cherry on top" for the 360 just before the new console comes out. ...and cherry on tops aren't that attractive if you're saving money for a new console.

...and SEGA died too soon... they were the only ones that balanced "kiddy" and "serious" correctly. Nintendo's seriousness came from 3rd party developers, but they started flocking to Sony and now Microsoft. Sony's and Microsoft's kiddyness are coming from 3rd parties that can't make a kiddy game fun for anyone other than simple-minded children.
    SEGA did it right, but curse the Playstation... now all the kids that are grew up during that era think that 2D is outdated and that everything has to be like Final Fantasy or Prince of Persia (now it's: God of War or Call of Duty).

Blah blah blah.

+ Reply to Thread