+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little Big Pla-KAPOW!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Little Big Pla-KAPOW!

After feeling blue as a bluejay in Fable Dos, I decided to play a bit more of my rather unplayed Little Big Planet...

Having not the option to create my own stages yet, I dropped it for some more Fable II - but recently, I have unlocked it and started to create some stages.

Blows my mind at how many things you can create in the game. I've played through a good handful of the Story stages, and I see the rather interesting and creative things you could make with them, but as I've figured out through my playthroughs - you can even create things that weren't "intended" for the game.
    Not saying that I didn't know you could make your own creation, but I'm saying that there are literally some possibilities that didn't seem possible in this game unless you took a different approach at it~!
    Hell, if I tried hard enough, I could even make a fully-controllable Metal Gear!

But that's far too advanced for me... I wanna' take it slow. I'm still just figuring out the beautiful architectual-designs I can make - as well as the nifty forms of transportation I can create ( bullet trains, here I come! ).

I know I can just borrow from the community... but you see... for a game like this...
    I don't feel right about seeing, hearing, trying, copying, or taking other people's designs until I make something truly worthy that I can give back!

So far, the most intelligent design I've got made-down is a switch that drops down a person with information to give you. ...that and the ruins area that can actually full-on collapse, while still being fully-usable.

And the most intelligent design I've got drawn-down is the Final Boss fight... a giant moving enemy super-structure with enemies, traps, tunnels, and crawl spaces inside.

...it can't be a pretty design, has to be pretty clunky - seeing that intricate designs can't be too extravagant... then again, I could make separate parts of the structure, with them being connected through carvings (like jigsaw puzzle-connections)... Hmmmmm.... *notes that down in head*

So yeah, I've been playing it a whole bunch. Even lost a good night's sleep over it.
    But I'm glad I played through more of it, it certainly is exciting.

I'm trying to balance out the use of mechanical-creativity, ambiance-creativity, and character-creativity throughout each of my stages.
    If I go too far with one of those, I fear I may lose the "groove" I'm going in and just head off into a completely different direction.

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

So yeah... if any of you are playing LBP, don't expect to share with me anytime soon. I'm still trying to make something good enough to be shared.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Little Big Pla-KAPOW!

^_^ Darling's stages are very fun! =_= but too hard for me sometimes...

^____^ my favorite part is Mr. Foxie! and i really like the little head that comes down and jangles with the stars (that probably doesn't make sense to anyone else)!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you mind that I've been sleeping a lot lately?

I'm even tired right now... zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

That one all-nighter really deprived me of my awake-clock.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks
    oh no, Darling!

i don't mind too much, it's just weird is all. i'd still like you to get good sleep though, it's important for growing Darlings!

Thanks

I think I'm done growing though. I think I might just stay short...

<.< Which isn't a problem. I just wonder if it makes people not take me too seriously.

But hey, I'm not that short. Just shorter than the average person. Er... average-Earth person, not average-white person. Or black-person for that matter.

...or even Asian-person. Sometimes I'm taller than the average, sometimes I'm shorter than the average. It changes.

...what were we talking about again?

Oh right, growing.

YOUR MOM'S GROWING! OH!!!

+ Reply to Thread