+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little cuz wants a PSP...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Little cuz wants a PSP...

Yeah, my little cousin wants a PSP...

:/ I wonder why.
    I bet it was because of that cousin he always visits.
    ...bleh.

Anthony's a sweet little boy who just likes cute boy things (Star Wars Clone Wars, Power Rangers, Transformers, etc)... and though the PSP has a pretty good line-up for an avid gamer (especially when you import), there's a lot more choices for him on the DS!

That darn cousin he visits ain't a very good gaming-example for Anthony (btw: I'm the other gaming-example for Anthony)...
    Anthony should get into things that he likes, not "what's considered cool".

:/ HMPH! When I was a kid, it was about what I LIKED, not what everyone else liked.
    While everyone got into all sorts of hop-scotch matches and handball tournaments, I was all into turning jump-ropes into whips. Skip-ropes (the things with the ball on the end) into chained maces. Hoola-hoops as thrown or spun projectiles. Bouncers (those thingies you sat on and bounced up and down with) into shields. Using those Nerf Vortex (football-shaped Nerf balls that whistled in the air) as long-range missiles. And especially using frisbees as scatter-missiles (I would pile them one ontop the other and throw them all at once)!!!

THAT'S WHAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT! BOO-YAH!! BRING IT!!! BRING IT!!!!!!

*ahem*

But yeah! Anthony shouldn't get into things that aren't THE BEST for his taste.
    As his kuya, I gotta' look out for him.

It's not about being cool, or doing what everyone else is doing... it's about doing what you're truly best at (or doing what you have the most passion for)!

...*sigh* if I didn't already buy his presents, I'd totally buy him a DS.
    I gotta' convince his parents not to try to get him the PSP... he's gotta' aim for the DS, it's more his style.

.......and no, this isn't the whole "I know what's better for you, so I'm gonna' get you something you don't want"... it's a "I shoulda' let you play with my DS more so you know what you're missing out on".

^^; Yeah, I never really let him play my DS... the games I had were too complicated for him (except for a few).

o_o Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the PSP. I HAVE a PSP. And it's friggin' awesome. (one of my best multimedia devices evar)
    But I know the DS is more suited for my little cuz.
    (actually, an old-school Gameboy is - but I shouldn't make the kid feel ancient compared to his friends)

:/ If only he came over more, I could show him the ropes for so much more games... but sadly, the games I have are too violent or too complicated for him to try.
    But if that's what it takes for him to realize what kind of games are REALLY GOOD, that's what I gotta' expose him to!

... ^^;; Not too violent or too complicated of course, but at least have him try my PS2 games... or some 360 games...
    o_o I'm really not sure if I should encourage his love of shooting things though... though he only sees things through the "Power Ranger pew pew"-view, I really shouldn't encourage the real gun side.
    ... maybe some easy EDF stages could be fun for him.

... *sigh* he should come over more. His big cuz knows a lot more about games than that little twerp of a cousin. >:/

^^; I shouldn't be so mean tho... that little twerp of a cousin's still related to me, and he really is a LITTLE TWERP. o_o He needs to get some meat on those bones.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Little cuz wants a PSP...

Darling, if he's your cousin, you got every right to call him a little twerp!

Totally agree that Anthony needs a DS! maybe i can call his Mom later today, see if they can come over so we can show Anthony the DS! it's also cheaper! not so much the games though, but oh well!

BTW: kuya=Big Brother in Tagalog (official language of Philippines), but it can be properly used for any older male family member or close friend, that's not an uncle or Dad.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Little cuz wants a PSP...

Meh, he's TOO MUCH OF A LITTLE TWERP that I can't call him one.
    ...he's kinda'... pathetic...

Small, scrawny (you can easily feel his bones), never talks, and just... STARES.
    ...never strays more than 2 inches from his mom, and easily cries when he gets a boo-boo.

It's kinda' sad, really.
    That poor kid better find some confidence soon or he'll turn up 1/5th of what he thinks he'll be when he grows up.

+ Reply to Thread