+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart Wii Tourney

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Mario Kart Wii Tourney

Hello AO!

Yours truly is holding a Mario Kart Wii tournament for AO members (with sexy clan members having reservations)!

The Tourney will be held at a later mentioned date, this topic was started early to find entrants, test connections with each other, and to negotiate the best time and date for the tourney.

So, let the rules be put down!

TOURNEY ENTRY RULES
    • Only Up To 12 Contestants Allowed (maximum racers). Sexy-clan members will have a permanent reservation if they decide to enter. If any more wish to enter after 12 slots have been filled (before the entries are closed), there will be a raffle or contest to decide who stays.
    • Starting today, you can enter. Simply post in this topic to do so. Be sure you have Wi-Fi/other internet connection for your Wii.
    • For now there is no deadline, I will update this topic once I find a suitable date - so don't panic. For now.
    • Please be sure to communicate with one another in this thread to see when's the best time the tourney can begin (which days do you have off? what time? when do you prefer it? etc) - and please be sure to test your connections with one another, just to be sure nothing horrible happens.
    • Do not abuse other entrants. If you are being abused by another player, PM me and a mod. I'll kick them out of the contest, and the mod can give them what they deserve.
    • Do not forget to post your MKWii Friend Code here!
    • You may list your Wii Console Friend Code so that it's easier to communicate, and test Wii connections outside of AO.
    • When posting, please post your time zone whenever you mention time! And if you're in an obviously different time zone than most other players, you really have to make sure your connection works well with theirs (rare problem).

TOURNEY RACE RULES
    1. 12 Racers
    2. 5 races. All of them will be vote-chosen.
    3. If there's a tie, a tie-breaker will be held on Rainbow Road against the tied-contestants ONLY.
    4. No cheats or glitches allowed. Awesome skills and backstabbing is still fair game. Shortcuts are also fine, since they usually are risky to take in the first place. Disobeying this rule will kick you out of this competition.
    5. If you haven't placed your MKWii Friend Code here, you will not be placed in this contest. No Friend Code = You were never here.
    6. No Vehicle Restrictions. Got a problem with a good kart in front of you? Get over it, they'll be knocked back in a few seconds.

TOURNEY PRIZE
    • 3rd Place: I will gift you a Virtual Console game of your choice. 1000pts or less. Only ONE. If you cannot choose, I will choose for you.
    • 2nd Place: I will gift you 2000pts (or less) worth of WiiWare games. As long as it doesn't sum above 2000pts, you can get as many as you want.
    • 1st Place: A $40 gift card to Amazon.

Please do realize that this is a tournament held by me. If you want any future tourneys, you can start your own. ...I probably won't start another one for a while (pockets draining empty and all).

Also, this first post will be edited if I have any updates for the tourney.
    I may mention an entry deadline. I may mention an actual date and time for the tournament. I may change/delete/add rules. Keep an eye on this first post.

And most importantly: This is about fun. Have it.

ALRIGHT FOLKS, IT'S TIME TO TEST OUR CONNECTIONS!
    Starting from June 28th (US date) 'til July 5th (US date), you'll be able to start challenging each other to test connections! Have fun!
    Be sure that if you haven't listed your MKWii Friend Code, do so NOW!
    Also start figuring out when you'll be available for the Tournament!
    Once you've figured out your available-schedule, post it in the topic/PM it to me in order for it to be posted on this post!*

(*front-page schedules are just for others to try to reschedule their available-times in order to be able to challenge everyone for the tournament.)
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Jun 28, 2009 at 05:51 PM.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: MKWii Tourney

I'm in, no duh. >XD

I'll look for my Wii code up later and post it...unless you or Abu still has the PM I sent with it contained.

*thread made sticky*

LOLS, posted in the thread before I even got your request to sticky it. >Xd

Times available:
    Mostly any day after 4:00pm. (Eastern Time)

^I'd recommend taking into account the participants time zones when setting up the races to try and get availability and connections steady. (though I havent encountered any connection problems on Mario Kart. Heck, I've raced people in Europe and Japan with no problems whatsoever so.)

Also, do "shortcuts" count as cheats? I mean the "ridiculous" shortcuts that they had in like Mario Kart 64. For example the Rainbow Road course in the N64version in where you jump off the course to the left around the 3rd blue stripe on the course in which if you land successfully you cut off basically 1/2 the course.

...not that I've found any in the Wii version so maybe there's no worry for that?

Thought that it's something to be cleared up in specific terms so.

~
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Jun 16, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinku no kage For This Useful Post:

Soshi Kitai (Jun 16, 2009)

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

You're gonna' have to wait 'til Abu checks her PM to see if we still have it.

Abu and I will try to enter, hopefully our schedules won't get trashed!

I'll post my MKWii Friend Code once I get around to it.

^^; Depending on how the coming days go, the tournament could be held soon.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

BTW, would you like me to rename the thread so that it'd be apparent that you're reffering to "Mario Kart" rather than just using "MK"? That way it'd most likely gain more attention.

~just an thought

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Throw me in too, i'll have to go look for my code, but that shouldn't be too hard. Been a while since i played MKW...

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Thanks

^^;; Only way I can change the title is if I delete the topic and remake it.

Any possible way you can change it, Shinku?

Or is there a magic button I can't seem to find in the Advanced Mode Editing??? o_o

Thanks

Ofcourse I can, I'm a *cough*Gallery*cough* Moderator afterall. LOLS

I'm already excited about this, LOLs. *pulls out the Wii and starts practicing*

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mario Kart Wii Tourney

I SHALL ENTER!!!!!!!!!

^_^ yes! please! pretty please!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast