+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayers

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Multiplayers

Been playin' Pokemon Rumble and New Super Mario Bros. Wii lately (with Champions Online, Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast, and Dragon Age).

Pokemon Rumble's pretty good. If ya've got any doubts, just download the demo on the Wii Shop Channel.
    Very basic way of playing:
    You start off with a Rattata. Single move.
    You then enter "dungeons" and it's a basic "Point A to Point B" pathway.
    Of course, along the pathway are several different pokemons.
    Each dungeons has their own types of pokemon of course, based on where the pokemon would most likely be found (though I'm not sure why they put an Electabuzz in a shadow tower... I would think you'd find him in the factory).

After defeating Pokemon, you'll get coins. On a rare chance, you'll get the Pokemon itself.
    You fight all the way to the end of the dungeon and defeat a large boss pokemon. Huge HP, stuff like that.

You then get to switch between all the Pokemon you've captured.
    However, seeing as these Pokemon are toys, they don't level up.
    As such, they'll always have the same amount of strength and HP no matter what.
    They're stuck with the move(s) that they have until you upgrade them.
    You upgrade them by spending the coins you've obtained.
    Simply go to the upgrade box, and you spend a certain amount of coins for a raffle.
    The raffle will then choose a random move for you.
    You may replace your power, put it in an empty slot, or simply drop it.
    As it is random, you'll often find yourself retrying the raffles over and over again until you get the right moves you want.

Your Pokemon toy can only have two moves, however.
    May seem disappointing, but there's a reason why you'd want more than just one of the same Pokemon.

The Pokemon rules still apply to a point: Strong and weak types do affect the battlefield. A grass pokemon is still decimated by a fire pokemon.
    However, it's not completely true: A flying pokemon can STILL be hit by ground attacks such as Dig. ...it doesn't hurt them AS much as other moves, but it still affects them.

Now, after you get a Pokemon with a certain amount of Strength, the big tournament will open.
    In the big tournament, you're dropped in a frenzy of Pokemon battling from every corner of the stage.
    Defeat a Pokemon and you get a timer extension. You'll need this timer if you want to beat the main bosses of these tournaments.
    The bosses aren't big like in the dungeons, but they're definitely tough.
    Sometimes they're all sent at you at once, or one by one.

Once you beat the tournament, you go up a rank.
    When you go up a rank, you get to go to the next ranking room.
    The next ranking room is the same thing as the first ranking room: A large room where you can enter dungeons and a tournament room for when you get a strong enough pokemon.
    However, though the dungeons are the same, the pokemon in them are a much higher level than the previous dungeons, and you will find different pokemon in them.

The level of pokemon you capture depends on your strongest pokemon that you used to knock them out with.
    Say you beat a pokemon with your 58 strength pokemon. You'll then receive the beaten pokemon around that level. Now say you beat it with a 101 strength pokemon. You'll then receive the beaten pokemon around that level. Because of that, you'll often want to go to previously beaten dungeons to recapture pokemon to get stronger forms.
    However, their levels go only up to a certain point depending on their rank. For instance, a Rank C pokemon will NEVER be any higher than 110 strength. ...so don't bother looking for that.

Now, other than that, the powers you get within this newly ranked room are of a much higher power, and more rare than the previous ranked powers.
    So obviously ranking up has its advantages.

Another thing to look forward to is getting new Pokemon. You see, there's also a recruit box in every ranked room. When you go to the box you can spend a certain amount of coins to purchase a random pokemon of the same rank.
    Now if you happen to have a password from somewhere (such as the ones found on the Pokemon Rumble site, or several different magazines and sites), you'll get a specific pokemon.
    Be wary of WHEN you use this password, however. As most passwords can be used only ONCE.
    Using this password in a Rank C room will get you that pokemon at Rank C strength. You may want to hold onto these passwords until you get to Rank A or S.

One more thing of interest is the release box. As far as I know, there's no limit to the amount of toy pokemon you can capture. However, if you get tired of scrolling through over 200 pokemons you've captured in order to summon another one in battle: Releasing them is your best choice.
    By releasing them, you'll receive coins depending on their rarity, strength, and powers. On rare occasions, these pokemon might even hand you TICKETs!
    Tickets are much like passwords: You use them to get new pokemon at the recruit box.
    I remember giving away nearly 20 Rattatas I captured. One of them gave me a Raticate ticket. That raticate is one of my most treasured pokemon to this day.
    So don't think you won't get anything good from releasing pokemon.

So there you go! After hanging out in the ranking room to polish up your pokemon, you go into dungeons, and then into tournaments!
    When your pokemon is defeated, you switch them.
    Heck, you can even switch them before they're defeated.

However, switching Pokemon means using up winding-keys. Winding-keys are used to bring these toy pokemon to "life".
    You're given only 3 winders every time you enter a dungeon. So being foolish with your pokemon is not recommended. There is a challenge to this game.

There is multiplayer, though. Up to 4 players. Of course, you all share the same key-winders. So don't mess up or you'll put the rest of the team in danger.

The game's quite fun, really. Especially multiplayer - Using all the different powers to double team enemies coming from all sides.
    I happen to like Quick Attack and Psychic a lot in the game.

Oh, on a happy/sad note: It's the original 150 Pokemon (or should I say... 151 :O).

Other than that, I've also been playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I'll talk about it another time seeing that I took up all this space talking about Pokemon Rumble.
    However, I will quote Nintendo Power's very accurate way of describing the game:

Most commonly said things during multiplayer:
    28% : (Laughter)
    11% : Stop jumping on me!
    4% : I need that power-up!
    10% : Sorry (sarcastic)
    10% : Sorry (earnest)
    9% : Wait for me!
    6% : Pop my bubble!
    22% : (Random Expletive)
    ... So true.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Multiplayers

Oops, wrong on two accounts.

1. Passwords only work once, but the Pokemon LEVEL with you.
    They become 1 strength away from reaching the recommended level per Rank.
    Ex: Rank C needs a 100 strength pokemon. A password pokemon will be 99 strength. Rank B needs a 200 strength pokemon. A password pokemon will then become 199 strength.

Tickets, however, will always stay their level.

2. It's not the original 150 pokemon, that's only on your first playthrough. Once you go again and choose advance, you'll obviously find the newer pokemon.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i just might want that ActionReplay thing once i start playing mah Pokemon Pearl again. . .

man, need to remember what i wanted for my dream team! there was Haunter and Carivine. . . but who else? Miltonic, yes. . . hmmm. . .

Thanks

Isn't it CarNivine? Carnivine?
    Like carnivore?

We wouldn't need an actionreplay if you had just set up a reminder to go to Toys R Us. :/

Oh well. What is done is done.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

HISS.

anyways, do you think there's a way to earn the god pokemon in pokemon rumble?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure there should be. I probably have to beat Advance mode and go into the highest level first.

I just want a higher level hitmonchan.
    I wonder if there's a password for him.

Thanks

Just realized I was wrong on one more thing.

You lose a turn-key if your pokemon gets defeated, but if you're just switching, it doesn't take away any turn-keys.

...but once you get to the upper classes in higher difficulties, you'll need to switch intelligently... the game DOES NOT pause while you're switching.

Thanks

Been playing Spyborgs today (just got it).
    I feel kinda' bad getting it used, since it's a good game that got rather low sales (I think).

Oh well, I'm sure it'll sell by Christmas. Great game, really.
    Although, when you're finished with the game, there's not much incentive to go back to playing it.
    Would've been nice with a VS mode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast