+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Oh My God" "Thank God"

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

"Oh My God" "Thank God"

Remember back in the day?
    Back in the day when someone replaced "God" or "Christ" in a sentence (replacing with "holiness", "Jesus", -etc doesn't count) or even things that related to such (example: "Bless you" being replaced with the less popular "Gesundheit!" ), they were seen as rude, or as heretics, or as jerks, or as etcs.
    And they MEANT to replace it in an anti-Christianity (or anti-God in general) way.
    Or as to be "non-conformist".

Remember that?

Yeah, I remember then. I also remember when people were completely offended when they saw "X-mas" as opposed to "Christmas".

Do you see things differently now?
    Depending where you live, you CERTAINLY DO.

Nowadays, people are offended if you EVER mention Jesus or God.
    Some places are so strict that even saying "Thank God", "Oh My God", or even "bless you" will get you a scornful look!
    Hell, late 90s, some people would get in your face if you even dared to utter "God" or "Christ" if you said it in public.
    I even remember some jerks would interrupt people from praying before their meal just so they can debate on "the existance of God"! What the Hell, SERIOUSLY?

I mean sure, born-again Christians are creepy, pushy, creepy, annoying, creepy, blind, creepy, stubborn, creepy, and down-right creepy! But do you really have to turn into your enemy to say that you're against them?
    Atheists have become more easily-irritated than ever!

A person can say Buddha, a person can talk about reincarnation, a person can talk about different gods, and a person could definitely call God under a different name depending on their language and religion.
    But if one EVER, EVER says "God", "Jesus", or "Christ" anywhere near a "super-atheist" these days, THEY GO BALLISTIC! >__<

They go just as, if not more, crazy as the born-again Christians!
    Now a lotta' young Christians (that aren't fully brainwashed) are even afraid to show anything Christianesque in public!
    Wearing a cross on any part of their body, keeping a Bible in their bag, praying at anytime in front of anyone, even saying if they go to Church! They're afraid to even hint at those things now! They're afraid as hell!
    It's seen as not only "uncool" to many kids, but it's also seen as offensive to parents!

I've heard of parents complaining to other parents about their child "talking about God" around their children! Seriously?! THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

I'd be concerned if a kid were teaching my child about demonology, drugs, stunts, ways to commit suicide, cults, or whatever!
    Why? Cuz those things can HURT THE CHILD!
    But some parents are concerned about their child even LEARNING about Christianity?!
    ...sure, most Christians often try to convert the instant they smell a non-believer, BUT WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?!

OH MY GAWD! MY CHILD IS GOING TO CHURCH AND LEARNING TO RESPECT THEIR NEIGHBORS!

FRANK MILLER! MY CHILD IS READING THE BIBLE!

WHAT IN THE NAME OF AKIRA TORIYAMA IS GOING ON HERE?! MY CHILD JUST REFUSED A DRUG FROM THEIR AWFUL FRIENDS!!!!!!

...obviously your child isn't promised to become a saint or perfect when he/she joins a religion, but there really isn't a drawback to following certain religions (unless you find donations to be the end of the world... but of course there is the fact that they'll be stubborn against science and other people's beliefs).

Nowadays, a person can't even utter the name of "God" or "Christ" without getting stoned to death like in ancient times.
    Is this really what it has come to?
    People being closed-off or pushed away just because they believe in something? Hate crimes against BELIEFS? People suing people and schools just because they uttered a single verse or saying from the Bible? People demanding store managers to change the sign in the front from "Merry Christmas!" to "Happy Holidays!"?

The hell??

God dammit, I understand it when people hate it when born-again Christians and hardcore Christians preach to them everytime they run into them.
    But now it's okay to hate it when a person follows their religion PRIVATELY?

Hell, a person can name a verse in the Bible as long as it correlates and helps the topic at hand! It doesn't mean he's trying to convert people!
    A kid can pray before they eat their meal! He's not hassling anybody!
    A person can say "praise Jesus!" whenever they damn well please, just as you can say "**** guys/bitches" anytime you damn well please!

What the Hell, seriously!

Instant a Christian opens their mouth, everyone assumes he/she's trying to preach - when they were just going to say "Hey, did you see that Dodgers game?". -_- These "super-atheists" are worse than "born-again Christians"...
    They're even more blind than a just-baptized believer.

*sigh*

All of you need to lighten up.

Oh, and btw... saying "Happy Holidays" CAN be for being open-friendliness towards all celebrations... but most people just use it as to avoid saying "Christ".
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Jan 28, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Oh My God" "Thank God"

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    All of you need to lighten up.
    eh? What do you mean..YOU people?

but no I agree with what you mean. To me atheism is nothing but a fad, just like people who won't use M$ but turns around and buy an Apple product. LIKE WTF man?

Atheists generally falls into four groups:
    - followers (because it is the IN thing to do)
    - former Christians who are now angry at God
    - Scientific nuts who think science got all the answers.
    - Those who are atheist/agnostics.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

A true scientist realizes that "science and religion have nothing to do with each other" (as quoted from my Geology Prof.).

...and most former-Christians don't have a good excuse to have dropped their religion. They could name as many as they want, I can block all of them.

I don't care much for the followers and regular atheists. They're okay by my books.
    ...but most agnostics get on my nerve. They bash against religion and then back away, claiming they don't hold any side, yet they never EVER defend religion.
    "Atheists without balls" as Colbert says.

eh? What do you mean..YOU people?
    I get that a lot. Whenever I get riled up, I end up blaming "thin air" often (as-in: I blame people in front of me, but I always just end up seeing them as the opposition -even if they support me-... I always say "Sorry sorry! Not you! Not you!" by the end of the conversation).

^_^ I actually tend to like to keep my nose out of religious debates, but it really is sad that when people of your own religion can't defend themselves very well.
    ...I happen to be a Christian, a very odd Christian, but a Christian nonetheless...
    ...if Christians could excommunicate, I'd be excommunicated. I speak heretical things such as "the other religion isn't WRONG" and "the preacher's wrong" and "science is right, y'know" and etc. ...I've even broken some weak-Christians, turning them to atheists because their faith wasn't strong enough , that was a long time ago though, I was a punk. ...ah whatevs. I keep my nose out of it nowadays.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ yeah, Soshi has lightened up a lot...

but yeah, i feel bad being nervous to even mention my faith around other people... not becuz i'm embarrassed, but i know that i'd embarrass God if someone tried to start an argument and i couldn't find anything to say...

ESPECIALLY if it's in front of other people, cuz then the audience gets affected if they see you mess up...

^_^ but Soshi will tell you that those things usually don't slide with me, and will end up saying something sooner or later...

(=_= ) just don't know why people hate Jesus so much if all He wants is to love you and for you to love Him and you to be nice for a change...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    (=_= ) just don't know why people hate Jesus so much if all He wants is to love you and for you to love Him and you to be nice for a change...
    People do not hate Jesus. It's hard to hate someone you don't know. They hate the people who use his name to start wars, get rich, create fear and kill others. The parents who are stubborn, those that resort to violence. Especially for us who live in urban areas with supposedly "forward-thinking" it's especially hard when they have "logic" and our tag team partner is no exactly there to help.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i have seen churches that have gates and fences up to
    prevent tress passing after hours most catholic churches that kept there
    doors open after hours for people who wanted to pray to god or what ever
    reason lock the doors now with how everyone is turning crazy about the G word its
    gonna get to the point where there is no one to turn to and thats sad.

to bad the idea of love they neighbor is gone thats what this world needs
    biblical or not
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    i have seen churches that have gates and fences up to
    prevent tress passing after hours most catholic churches that kept there
    doors open after hours for people who wanted to pray to god or what ever
    reason
    ^_^ i always wondered why they kept 'em locked too... but, it's a different time, i guess...

+ Reply to Thread